VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hello All,

First off I know that is an video forum but I'll take the chance to see if anyone knows this. I would like to take a song file and strip the vocal track off the mp3 keeping the rest of the file.. Is there a utility on os x to accomplish this?

thanks..
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Audion 3 has a karaoke feature that removes vocals from some mp3 tracks. I've never tried it and don't know if it saves those files or just affects the playback. If only the playback is affected then you could use Wiretap to record the audio that's playing. Audion is an excellent mp3 application that recently became freeware. Get it at www.panic.com/audion.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Amazing slow downer can do this
    http://www.ronimusic.com/amsldox.htm
    Quote Quote  
  4. Are you thinking Mashups? Acid Pro seems to be the application of choice. But for the mac it's possible that Pro Tools will enable the most control. To really remove the vocal, the app needs to recreate the recording tracks from the two channel stereo we typically have to work with. Short of that we can only filter the sound at certain vocal frequences. I've never tried this, but having just read an interesting article on Mashups, I might give it a whirl someday.
    Quote Quote