VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi folks,

im using a mac G4 and im trying to creat a dvd with several small movies (25 min long each) in chapters that i can choose from a menu.

so far ive used ffmpex to create mpg files, then demuxed these to create a seperate audio and video files. next i converted the audio to ac3 then import these into sizzle 0.5b2 (ive tried the 2 other versions of sizzle already) but sizzle just chrashed each time i tried to creat a disk image. finally, last night i did a quick test without audio and it made a dmg. file but the video_ts wont play on apple dvd

so, the audio i have wont import into sizzle and i have no idea what to do now...ive been searching around but still no luck

thanks for any advice or help
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I recall Galactica saying he has problems with Sizzle 0.5b2. he recommends using 0.5b1. I recommend using Toast (6.07) with Jam (5.01). You'll also need to have the ac3 codec for Quicktime installed.

Option #2: MovieGate.

Good Luck.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    what happens if you try Toast on just one of these movie files. can it make the dvd? and is it playable

make sure you save file as disc image so you dont waste a disc
    Quote Quote  
  4. ok, im starting from the begining again...and going nice and slow so i dont make any mistakes.

do i convert avi to dvd ffmpegx (converted with ffmpegx) or should i convert it to something else first? cause the way ive been doing it so far,ive ended up with an mpg. file and a TITLE.MPG.DVD and the end of the encode, then i demux the mpg. and end up with a million m2v mp2 files.

thanks for the advice so galactica, really appreciate it. im sure i`ll get this thing sorted soon and it`ll end up being preety simple but at the moment im at a loss.
    Quote Quote