VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2
1 2 LastLast
Thread
  1. After a long thought , i have decided to stop development of MTR 2.7 UNTILL i get some of the disc's that are currently causing issues.

I cant see the point releasing a new point release ONLY to have to update it right away due to the problems with dics that we already know about.

Might aswell wait and get it all done in one go.

SO....

send in the discs that cause issues , and we will get a release out.

Its up to you.

Search Comp PM
    OK, I've talked it over with Geezer, and there are two to three titles that we're hoping to get copies of before releasing 2.7, which is a major upgrade with many changes. Since these changes require a lot of work, and a lot of code writing, if we have to rewrite things again because they won't work with some of the new releases, that's quite a bother. We'd like to get these problem titles, namely Finding Nemo, Resident Evil and maybe Forgotten or Little Black Book, and get them all working properly before continuing work on 2.7. So, instead of donations, we need some copies of DVDs confirmed to make MTR fail.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Any restrictions to region codes, retail and rental versions?

I would also suggest that people with problems mail their Console outputs. Do you agree?

Cheers,

JoachimS

4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WW,

FWIW MTR did just fine with Little Black Book, it just took a while. DTOX would only handle it as movie only with empty VOBs deselected.

E
    Sometimes the light at the end of the tunnel is a train.

5. Didn't GB get enough donations last time he held off an update? Can't he use the excess money and buy the DVDs himself if they are that vital?

This "blackmailing" going on with each MTR release is getting old.

6. Little Black Book and the Forgotten I have been able to rip with MTR 2.6 in full disk mode. I think they did give me some problems when I tried extracting just the movie out of MTR. It took a little longer and found bad sectors, but the movies were fine when I did full disk mode and extracted just the main movie through popcorn.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am very thankful for the product you have delivered us that being MTR. I also realize you have us all by the balls.

However I really doubt anybody apprecitiates your arrogant tactics of getting your way. It reminds me of a 4 year old. If you want to hold us all hostage why don't you just market your product and sell it. I would buy it even though I only used it 3 times in half a year or more.

If you don't realize how appreciative everybody is then you are just naive.

I am appreciative to alot of people on this site (Galactica, AntnyMD, Wiseweasel, tgpo, Frobozz).

Search Comp PM
    from here:
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    I don't know the specific figures, but the response was more than enough for the drive he needed. Thanks to all who contributed!
    Now, personally I have no problem if we sit down and say,
    WW will send GB the discs, we are looking for a donation of
    say $70 US ($60 for the discs from Walmart, plus shipping)
    from all users who downloaded MTR since version 2.0,
    which would break down to at least each user contributing
    say $1.50 each. ( going by reports posted of how many
    downloads incurred that shut down wormintheapple).
    That way GB gets the discs and things move forward on MTR.

Set up a pay pal link, and I will contribute $3.00, for $1.50 for myself and $1.50 for Ronin, since between the two
    of us we figured out how to rip The Forgotten successfully.
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User

9. Set up a pay pal link, and I will contribute
    [/quote]

Sounds like a good idea. Make it easy for people and you'll get more response. Also, if you send out a request for a disk, what if 10 different people decide to send it in then you have 10 of the same disk. An organized effort would be better. IF someone would volunteer to collect the funds (via PayPal), buy the disks and send them, I'll contribute.

10. How about we set up an Amazon wish-list? That way they can be sent all at once and have no duplicates.

11. Anybody would think that im just trying to build up a free DVD collection , i find it very sad that some of you can be so imature to suggest that this is blackmail.

just grow up.

did some of you realy read the message correctly ?

i simply stated that i will no longer dev the app untill i get hold of the discs that are causing problems... I live in Switzerland , and we dont have ARccOS yet.

I dont want to spend my time fixing things twice. And why should i buy a movie that...

a) i dont like.
    b) i dont want.

what a waste of money.

you have all been told that the discs will be returned to you.

Anyway....im getting tired of all the requests to fix - update the app ,yet the people who use the app most , will do nothing to help in its development.

totaly insane.

i blame the "GIMME GIMME GIMME" world we live in. All for nothing...

And to all those who feel that they are being 'blackmailed' ( ROB and DUDIRENO ), feel free to use another application .

One last point for ROB.. you accuse me of 'holding of, and blackmail' for every release of MTR ...

FYI.. MTR has been in Dev for 1 year now , and has had approx 9 releases / updates... i dont remember ' holding off / or / blackmailing' as you so nicely put it for all of those.... it was only 2.6 that i put back coz i needed a new drive.

simple.

12. You know after a little more thought , im very angry about the two comments in this thread that make the accusation of blackmail .

These people must be very ignorant as to how much work goes into a large update ( such as 2.7 is ) .

I am very offended.

I will no longer be posting / or responding to any issues ragrding MTR on this site.

I thank all the people who have supported the applications development and i assure you that it will continue to be developed.

If you need any info please contact WW and he will inform you as to where to get MTR updates and info from.

thank you.

13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I have an idea. For the rare times when MTR doesn't successfully rip a DVD, get your backup by going out and buying another copy.

I agree with geezer that there is some kind of entitlement attitude going on here. I, for one, respect geezer's indignation over being accused of blackmail.

Search Comp PM
    I agree with Frobozz, the comments above about blackmail etc.. are simply outrageous! This is a FREE app and you're complaining about it's development cycle? Then you insult the programer! Geezer has shown more than his share of patience towards you fools and spent more time trying to help you with your petty issues than I will ever understand. Here's my message to all the whiners...
    [img]http://www.fortliberty.org/patriotic-humor/patriotic-pictures/how-about-a-nice-cup-of-shut-the-****-up.jpg[/img]
    -laugh while you can monkey boy! - Dr. Lizardo

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    gb's comment about withholding the app until discs are received is textbook blackmail ... although i think that, i dont think he meant it that way. we all need a gentle reminder every now and then that what you write and what you mean can be two different things to the various viewers of this forum.

i wholeheartedly agree that there needs to be an organized effort to (a) help the continued development of the app, and (b) get some form of easy-to-use compensation method started.

even if the app is kept as freeware, there should be some way for you to get cash for your work from those who want to give it to you.

16. Im not witholding.... that points that the app is completed...

It is not and will not be untill i get the info ineed to complete it.

I cant just 'guess' as to how to fix the issues regarding the mentioned discs.

my crystal ball is broken this week , and madam Zara , the Gypsy fortune teller , is on holiday.

17. who posted the picture of a big pussy (cat) in the other MTR thread? hmmmm

18. Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    And why should i buy a movie that...

a) i dont like.
    b) i dont want.

what a waste of money.

you have all been told that the discs will be returned to you.
    Blockbuster (Free Trial)
    Netflix (Free Trial)
    Wal-Mart (Free Trial)

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. DO NOT ENCOURAGE WAREZ. You are NOT allowed to rent and rip discs, even if for research. NOT ALLOWED!
    / Moderator lordsmurf

19. SWITZERLAND.. , for geographicaly challanged is no where near America....

The cat is mine , and it reference to GARFIELD THE MOVIE...

maybe you should read the thread before you comment on it eh !

20. And Why are you all taliking about money ?

I dont want money , i need the discs that cause MTR to fail....

You can all send loads of cash for me to buy the DVD's but as we ( and i will say this for the last time ) DONT GET ARccOS RELEASES HERE IN SWITZERLAND... its pointless

21. Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    And Why are you all taliking about money ?
    If were all on the same page here, it was not so much about sending you cash, but trying to organize a method (Paypal was suggested) to collect funds so that somebody could purchase all of the movies here in the US and ship them all to you at once. This would solve several problems. You wouldn't need to send the movies back, the cost for the movies would be deferred among supporters of MTR (who would have sent you cash anyways) so not any one person would have to put out $70. If there is excess money that is collected it could be saved for future problem DVD purchases. It would have to be someone everyone trusts with the funds (WW???) I'm not sure about the legallity of it, but it sounds clean...we're all just chipping in for a gift to a friend overseas.

But I guess a snag would be getting a DVD that causes problems, right. Are there different versions of US releases? As I mentioned before, MTR2.6 ripped 2 of the movies on your list for me just fine (Haven't tried the others) but it sounds like others are having problems.

22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You start this thread by saying development stopped and then you go on and say I am not UNTIL I get discs. And now you are threatening to not answer questions on the site.

You do this everytime. You sound upset everytime and just because you make some awesome application and give it away doesn't give you the right to just say what ever you want when you want. And I should have kept my mouth shut. Just analyse how you write things. You always sound upset.

I love this site too. More than I like your app personally. Thats just one mans opinion. I bet you like this site as well. Well someone started it and if he came on here and said he was going to shut it down until he got what he wanted you wouldn't like it. Thats my point.

I apologize for the 4 year old comment. You're obviously a good person for taking on this project. Nobody is denying you that.

23. "I do this every time"

Look up all my other threads and read them again.

Comments like yours do nothing but make me angry .

I dont spend most of my free time working on this thing to get it right , to be insulted by small minded people , who know nothing of what they talk about.

go away , and come back when you make sense.

24. Geez pls don't "go"
    you have every right to be offended.
    but thats two people out of a great many
    someone should send you an arcos disk
    maybe thats all you need

Id send one but don't have one.

anyway, hope this blows over. this is a fine site and you and WW are in many ways a significant part of its Mac back bone

but if you go, make sure those of us who appreciate you work know where to find you.
    thanks

rotut

25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I apologized, I said you were a good person, and said you have an awesome application.

I simply saying you sound upset.

I'm wrong. I'm sorry. Do you want to take another shot at me?

26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    OH MY GOD YOU ARE ACTING LIKE CHILDREN HERE!

GB just needs the disc's, 3 lousy disc's he is asking for no money was asked for just 3 DVD's.

You guys are slapping the gift horse in the mouth, would you rather have GB charge for the MTR program from now on?

I will contribute $10 out of my own pocket to buy these disc's for him.

W.W. please contact me and let me know where to send you the $10 twards the purchase of these dics.

This program is well worth the money for me to buy.

Mark V
    Mark V

10.4.10 OS X 1.25GHz G4 768MB DDR SRAM Pioneer DVR-106D and external DVR-111D

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    And Why are you all taliking about money ?

I dont want money , i need the discs that cause MTR to fail....

You can all send loads of cash for me to buy the DVD's but as we ( and i will say this for the last time ) DONT GET ARccOS RELEASES HERE IN SWITZERLAND... its pointless
    Hence why i suggested, GB, that we GIVE THE MONEY TO WW
    SO THAT HE CAN RUSH OUT TO WALMART AND BUY THEM
    TO SEND THEM TO YOU!

Like arnisandyz said, rather than 60 people send you 60 copies of the Forgotten , which you said you don't like anyway, why not just
    have us give WW the money, he goes and buys what you need,
    ONE COPY OF EACH PROBLEM DISC HERE IN AMERICA
    and sends it to you?

I don't understand..its perfectly logical to us geographically
    challenged....

28. DUDIRENO

how would you feel if you were accused of blackmail , or of behaving like a child?

I dont think you would like it much.

Before you insult others , consider how you would feel if the situation were reversed.

now , as Mark said... let this end.

GB

29. terryJ.

i understand what you are saying ...and agree it is a good idea..

I just do not think that i deserved to be insulted.

GB

Search Comp PM
    The problem is that there DO seem to be several versions of these releases in the US, some which do work fine with MTR. That's why we want people who are having problems to send us CONFIRMED copies of DVDs that fail with MTR. They don't have to be limited to the titles I listed, though at least one recent one like RE2 would be good to have. Until we get 2.7 working properly with these new releases, it's rather pointless to put effort into code that may need to be rewritten as soon as someone finally does get around to sending us a copy of one of the troublesome DVDs. Until that time comes, you are all free to keep using 2.6.3. It's not like there's an expiration date and you guys are going to be without MTR. 2.6.3 is still a perfectly good ripper, which wouldn't have been here without all of our (mainly Geezer's) hard work. All we're saying is that in order to get 2.7 near release quality, we need some of these discs that 2.6.3 is failing on. I agree that the post topic is inflammatory, and I would have worded that differently, but our intention here is to get some people motivated to send us the discs that make MTR choke. The widescreen version of Finding Nemo is one major one apparently. RE2 seems to be getting a lot of complaints, though it's possible there are several different releases of that, and some might be fine. Again, we want just the releases confirmed to mess with MTR. Sending me to Walmart to have me buy all these releases, only to find that they rip fine on my computer will get us nowhere. We've had that happen too many times already. This is why we're doing it this way, requesting only confirmed releases. As soon as someone offers to send a title, I can post about it here, and we can all strike that one off our list. This is really not a lot to ask. With 2.6, Geezer was able to collect enough donations to get a DVD burner. All we ask for is three lousy DVDs, and we can even send them back when we're done. We're not trying to build up a DVD collection on the cheap here, just trying to get 2.7 ready for release quality, as it's a major milestone in MTR development. Let's stop the ridiculous accusations and pointless talk here and keep this thread on the topic of who can send which title and which are on the way.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."