VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Those who complained in past threads "XYZ DVD" doesnt rip with MTR should post up those discs to WW or Geez! You had enough time to type it out and complain about it here, you have enough time to go down to the post office and send the disc!

Bernie

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I agree, put your disc in the mail and quit posting. You will get your disc back.

Mark V

3. The Voices Of Sanity!.

4. WW --

please PM me and I will send the Finding Nemo ( even though I never have tried to back it up until today, but I do find that it crashes MTR on contact! )

Bernie

5. a short info regarding resident evil 2 region 1 dvd

there are 2 releases for this movie...

one is the american release and the second is the canadian release. both have the same contend for extras and video options. the only difference between these two dvds is that the canadian has only 2 trailers (sneak peeks), while the american has a bunch of trailers on it.

so you guys who have problems with the dvd may check which version you have: canadian or u.s. american. this could help to get a closer look of which dvd gb needs to fix this problem

Search Comp PM
    OK, PM sent. We can now cross Finding Nemo off our list of DVDs needed for the 2.7 release. Only a couple more to go. Thank you BernieR, for stepping up to the plate on this one.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."

Search Comp PM
    NEWSFLASH.....or maybe not...

The two main complainers probably don't even personally own the discs in question.

I'd venture to say that most of you other MTR users are much younger than myself, as I hit my 47th, today.
    Patience, respect and appreciation will come with maturity.

When GB asked for help to get his drive I was more than happy to send him some help. The $20 gift was a deal considering that I had already spent more than $100 for both Toast and DVD2oneX. Would I send another gift? Your damn right I would, if that is what was needed, this time but it's not. I have the NEMO disc, wasn't aware of a problem with it but will be more than happy to send it. I do not own the the other discs, in question, so I can't be of any help, there.

Keep up the good work, GB & WW

Search Comp PM
    I'm 25, but I re-read my messages before posting them, to make sure they won't be misinterpreted, so that adds a decade or so in apparent maturity... :P
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."

9. Can't We ALL Just Get Along?

Thanks for the great app. Geezer!!! Don't let a few spoil it for everyone. Keep posting in this forum ... its very helpful. Don't respond to the redundant post.

10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Does it make sense (Germany resident) to send a DVD to your address in the US and you send it to Switzerland?

European address would be appreciated.

Cheers,

JoachimS

Search Comp PM
    It does make sense as Geezer doesn't want to give out his home address...

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Frankly, I can understand both positions:

The Author:
    Hang around in forums, post the same answers to problems again and again, no time for development, no critical DVDs to troubleshoot.

The Users:
    Posting problems with certain DVDs, complaining about MTR not being able to rip them. However, many DVDs cannot be ripped due to user's mistakes.

I suggest that we all see a sticky posting (which is already there) soon, with a clear subject (MTR development postponed instead of stopped, hey I wasn't I blamed for bad English?)

All users of MTR can freely discuss problems. No need for Geezer to join in if he doesn't want to.

On the other hand Geezer shouldn't make loyal user's feel grumpy.

Keep working on 2.7 as there are just a few DVDs that cannot be ripped at the moment.

Cheers,

JoachimS

13. please tell me what im now supposed to be doing in 2.7...

i need the bad discs to finalize the code...

I CANT DO ANYMORE WITHOUT THEM....

do you now understand...?

Im not being rude , im just trying to get you to understand that im at a deadend in the code now , because the only thing that needs to be done is the changes required to help rip the troubled discs... and i cant do it without the troubled discs.

so the development , is not just 'on hold' , its in effect stopped.

so , im stuck.

14. http://www.swissdvdrental.com/

actually, i'm just yoking... bork bork bork

anyway, i think you should turn the source code over to someone in the U.S. so these sorts of stumbling issues don't happen anymore.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by seikima
    http://www.swissdvdrental.com/

anyway, i think you should turn the source code over to someone in the U.S. so these sorts of stumbling issues don't happen anymore.
    Have you even read this thread? He can not get any discs with the new ARccOS on them where he lives.

DUH!

Mark V

16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    GB i bet you feel like bashing in some heads here. If you are i am second in line with you.

Mark V

17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by seikima
    http://www.swissdvdrental.com/

Why dont you get off your lazy butt and develop your own code smarty.

Mark V

18. Originally Posted by Mark V
    Have you even read this thread? He can not get any discs with the new ARccOS on them where he lives.

DUH!

Mark V
    Originally Posted by Mark V
    Why dont you get off your lazy butt and develop your own code smarty.

Mark V
    wow... your intelligence is BLINDING!
    you see, i told him to release the source code so someone in the U.S. can TAKE OVER since he is giving up. that would be me getting off my lazy butt. also, we don't have any problems getting the ARccOS discs here... which I clearly addressed. it's easier, faster, cheaper for HIM TO SEND CODE than for people to just up and ship off DVDs to a big pussy (cat) owner in SWITZERLAND!

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Quit stalking geezer and insulting him in every thread. While he may be a bit crass at times YOU are the only one crossing the fine line that leads to a warning.
    / Moderator lordsmurf

19. seikima

what an outstanding idea...its fantastic!!!

let me see , hand over the code i have been working on for 1 year just coz i cant get the protected discs that you guys get now...

let me see ..... do these protected discs realy effect me ? do i have to worry about ARccOS...? Are your realy for real ?

The only hickup is caused because only a very few people are backing up thier personal discs, and most of the users of MTR are duplicating rentals and they CANT send them to us.... And only The Genuine users who backup their own discs have made offers to send us discs.

Where is your offer of help? Ludicrous suggestions are of no benefit to anybody.

so should i give away my app ?.... Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm...

no , i dont think so...

On The other hand , you to could get Xcode and start to learn to code and write your own app , then you could solve the issues for everybody.
    just think how popular you would be then......
    you would be able to double the current ammount of friends you have to 2

20. Just ask yourself this.... If you has spent a year developing the code , and then had someone tell you just to "give it away" , would you?

what every you say now , i can tell you that you would not.

And neither will I , i am still deving the app , so I have nver said i am "Giving In"

So... moderator please LOCK THIS THREAD... as its just leading to further abuse and ignorance.......

Search Comp PM
    I don't understand why ripping on Mac threads have to be so volatile all the time. I hate locking threads that should have (could have) been useful and important.

If you want to use the FREE software, help the developer out, so he can make it happen. If not, don't use it. Not a hard situation.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS