VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hello,

i burned a movie. after burning i cant hear audio on cd only video.
    but the oroginal movie plays well in media player. movie is .avi extension.
    please help.

thanks
    chinnu
    Quote Quote  
  2. I assume you are attempting to make a (S)VCD out of this file using VCDEasy.....
    This can not be done directly from an AVI file! - You need to convert the AVI file to a MPG file first. Then VCDEasy can create your (S)VCD from the MPG file.
    If however you are talking about just simply burning the AVI file to a data CD, most likely the problem is that your CD drive dose not support digital audio and there is either no, or a bad Analog audio cable running from your drive to your sound card.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Sometimes you can find AVIs with AC3 audio (which is NOT (S)VCD compliant). Encode it to mpeg, first (with TMPGenc, for example). Decode the audio (of install Fcchandler's AC3ACM plugin), if it is AC3 (you'll see it because, without that plugin, TMPGenc will leave the 'audio input' line blank).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    As you have video, It seems like you've done some of your homework from the AVI to VCD class... But if done properly, there is at least one point in the process where you have the opportunity to make sure the conversion from AVI to VCD is on the right track, and that's right after encoding (maybe just a short clip, before commiting the whole AVI for encoding). Play the VCD specs MPG on your computer, and make sure it looks and sounds fine. If the mpg doesn't pass this test, there's no reason to even think about starting VCDEasy, much less burn to CD.
    As a general rule, extract audo from AVI and convert to WAV (easiest done by loading the AVI in Goldwave and save). Use AVI as video source, WAV as audio source when encoding.

/Mats
    Quote Quote