VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I will occasionally reauthor one of my DVDs with a custom made menu, so that I don't have to wait through previews or wade through complex menus to get to the features I want.

In order to do this, I'll usually reencode the DVD material I want in order to fit on a DVD-5 (with DVD-Rebuilder), and then add a menu to the reauthored DVD using TMPGEnc DVD Author. I find the "Add DVD Video" function of TDA to be very useful, since it can keep the chapters that split the original tracks without my doing any work.

However, I've recently been feeling trapped by TMPGnce DVD Author's limited menu capabilities and have been looking for a more fully featured reauthoring program. However, I can't seem to figure out any way to import pre-authored DVD Tracks into any other program, as I can with TDA. Other programs can handle VOB files, but that still leaves me with a whole bunch of work.

Am I missing something? If there is a way, can anybody tell me how to import a track from an already authored DVD (along with the original chapters) into any other authoring program, such as DVDAuthor, DVD-Lab, Maestro, or even Scenartist?

Thanks in advance =]
    Quote Quote  
  2. DVDLab will let you import chapters in the following formats: *.txt;*.chp;*.eds_chpt
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
  3. DVDLab will let you import chapters in the following formats: *.txt;*.chp;*.eds_chpt
    Thanks for the reply, I had noticed that, but I don't know any easy way to extract chapter information from a DVD.

I guess the logical next question is: does anybody know an easy way to extract the chapter information from an authored DVD in some way that would satisfy the format requirements for DVDLab?

Also, on the same note, is there any easy way to end up with a piece of video that consists of one track of a bunch of VOB files in DVDLab (other than joining all of the VOBs and cutting each track out yourself)?

-- TheUglyDuckling
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You might to give DvdRemake Pro a trial to see if that meets your needs.

regards, jrisch
    Quote Quote