VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. If these are the MCC media code (a lot of people at cdfreaks think so) they are very good burns on NEC 3500 and others. +R for sale as well but out of stock. Rebate limited to 2 and must be purchased bt 1/31.

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0002IQ1FS/ref=wl_it_dp/002-6740959-5995...=1LS22ZECQNWEV
    Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  2. This is a very good price for anyone wanting quality discs, I've suggested it to a few people before. It's actually been going on for awhile now, I think it was even $24 or $25 after rebate at one point. People have been mentioning it here and there, but I think alot of people are turned off by the large rebate involved. I don't need any discs at this point but I wouldn't hesitate to buy them if I did, I'd imagine that Verbatim would be very reliable in regards to the rebates.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Are they branded or plain on the top surface?
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by tsantsa
    Are they branded or plain on the top surface?
    I don't know yet; the order will ship out tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by chas0039
    Originally Posted by tsantsa
    Are they branded or plain on the top surface?
    I don't know yet; the order will ship out tomorrow.
    Damn! Thats ok, I normally go with TY. I just ordered them before I read this thread anyhow.

However, if they are plain silver on the top, then I'm definitely oredering.
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  6. Reading the posts in the dvd media reviews, I think they will have text on them and not be plain silver.

In fact I'm almost certain of this, I've bought a 50 pack spindle of these and they are frosted silver with text on them, I'd be suprised if these were any different.
    Quote Quote  
  7. only_emo_kid
    how much is shipping?
    Quote Quote  
  8. you could have just clicked on the link

(hint - zero)
    Quote Quote  
  9. only_emo_kid
    I did click the link earlier, didn't feel like clicking it again :P

I bought them tho
    Quote Quote  
  10. BAH! I don't like branded media. I'll pass on this sweet price.
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by tsantsa
    BAH! I don't like branded media. I'll pass on this sweet price.
    Before you abandon these take a look at my scan, burned on my 3500 at 8X. I'm crossing my fingers that this is the media code.

Quote Quote  
  12. I'm not sure if this sale is over yet, I think it is good through today, but for what it is worth I got mine today and the code is MCC02RG20.
    Quote Quote  
  13. An extra bonus; these burn beautifully on my 3500 at 12X with stock firmware. They show a slight bump at the end, but the PI stays under 30. I should have bought 200.
    Quote Quote  
  14. only_emo_kid
    ok, i got mine... but how do i get the 30$ from the mail in rebate or whutever? because mine didn't come with any papers about it...
    Quote Quote  
  15. Still a few bugs in the system...
    Quote Quote  
  16. only_emo_kid
    Thank You
    Quote Quote  
  17. only_emo_kid
    < i'ma friggin moron

**EDIT**
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by only_emo_kid
    < i'ma friggin moron

**EDIT**
    Don't beat yourself up. It feels great to save these and then have someone who forgets them. It makes us feel needed.
    Quote Quote  
  19. only_emo_kid
    no no... i posted something about mailing it in, i read it wrong thinking it said latest to mail it in was 1/31 and i was like this is the 1st of feb.. lmao but i didn't read it right... thx again
    Quote Quote  
  20. only_emo_kid
    my buddy bought them.. sent it all in, and they sent him a letter from Verbatim saying that amazon.com is not participating if the offer... I better get my 30$ back, or i'm going to be pissed!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  21. only_emo_kid
    UPDATE: I ended up getting my 30$ rebate in the mail yesterday.. dunno why they denied him... oh well..
    Quote Quote  
  22. i read on amazon that someone got CMC branded verbatims for the DVD -R

...Is that possible????????????????
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    If the discs are very old stock, yes, it could be CMC. But not 8x discs.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by wipeout
    i read on amazon that someone got CMC branded verbatims for the DVD -R

...Is that possible????????????????
    It might have been the fact that the MCC 02RG20 media is either made by Prodisc or CMC. Variations in the case can portend the difference. Most people find the Prodisc are better. This may be what someone was referring to.
    Quote Quote