VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi there,
    I am trying to burn an SVCD in VCD Easy. I had 2 mpeg-2 files that I wanted to burn on 2 separate cd's. 1 of the files was too big to fit on an 80min CD so I merged the 2 mpeg-2 files with 'AVI/MPEG/ASF/WMV Joiner' and then split them with 'AVI/MPEG/ASF/WMV Splitter' so they were approx. 60-70mins each.
    I then loaded the first split file into VCD Easy and it said it required autopadding so I used TMPGEnc MPEG Tools to do a simple multiplex (with SVCD setting) to prevent this happenning.
    After the multiplex I then loaded the multiplexed mpeg-2 file into VCD Easy and the autopadding message did not come up. I hit 'go' and VCD Easy started the process of creating the image file etc but then half way down it said:

generated image (418992 sectors [93:06.42]) may not fit on 74min CDRs (333000 sectors)

Why would VCD Easy recognise it as being 30mins longer than it actually is? The merged file and the split files are all in the correct timings.
    Any help is much appreciated!
    Thanks!
    chromeman
    Quote Quote  
  2. is it a non standard scvd? if so that could be your problem.....
    How Big A Boy Are Ya?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi ghoster,
    Thanks for the reply. When you say non standard SVCD, what do you actually mean? At what stage does the video become a non standard SVCD, when you convert it?
    Thanks again.
    chromeman
    Quote Quote