VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
  1. Posts about it not being able to rip disc "XYZ"

If it will not rip a disc , DO NOT POST A MESSAGE HERE!

Contact WiseWeasel , and arrange to transport the disc to him , he will get it to me to study.

Please include a return address ( if you want the disc back! )

I will ask the Mods to delete anymore topics related to MTR failures. This is not the place for that.

GeezerButtz

Search Comp PM
    You might want to modify the topic subject, as it seems to say there will be no more MTR... I agree though, it's not possible to troubleshoot these title-specific issues with everyone who's having issues with a particular DVD. If MTR doesn't work with a specific title, contact us at mtr@ripdifferent.com or on our forum section in the ripdifferent.com forums, and I'll see if it's something I can easily troubleshoot, or else you'll have to part with it for a while and send it in so we can fix the problem.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I sponsored.
    I posted problems.
    I assisted with troubleshooting (problem solved).

I think I will retire from this forum as user feed-back is not appreciated.

Remember, the name of this forum site is videohelp.com. Helping works in both directions.

Cheers,

JoachimS

4. Originally Posted by JoachimS
    I sponsored.
    I posted problems.
    I assisted with troubleshooting (problem solved).

I think I will retire from this forum as user feed-back is not appreciated.
    Geezer never said that feedback was not appreciated, simply that there is another way he prefers to handle specific disc issues. Give the guy a break, he answers questions quickly and well. He provides an amazing piece of software and he doesn't ask for much.

Remember, the name of this forum site is videohelp.com. Helping works in both directions.
    Yes it does, so does understanding.

Search Comp PM
    But we can still ask each other questions right?

My last problem with ArCCos was easily figured out
    between myself and Ronin, no real ( although I did appreciate responses given guys!) help was needed
    from WW and GB.

Perhaps if you just preface this as
    " Talk amongst yourselves, and try to figure out solutions
    as best you can, but if you get REALLY stuck,
    contact us at mtr@ripdiffrent.com".

Why should we not try to figure out amongst ourselves
    problems if we can fix them pretty easily,
    or am I missing something else going on,
    like we want to keep talk about MTR on the "hush-hush"?
    *shrugs*
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I simply understood "Leave me alone".

Maybe too much Garfield talk and he's got a cat hair allergy.

Cheers,

JoachimS

Search Comp PM
    Constructive talk is fine, but posting about a specific title not working with MTR is useless. It's quite frustrating to have a half dozen people say "Title xxxxx won't rip with MTR", and not a single one offer to send it in so we can address the problem. There's nothing we can do for title-specific issues unless someone is willing to either email us and have an in-depth correspondence to try to figure out the problem, and failing a resolution (which is most common for title-specific issues), to send us problematic DVDs. For some titles, like Resident Evil 2, Some releases of Forgotten, and I guess some releases of Little Black Book, we're well-aware that there is a compatibility problem, bun unfortunately NOT A SINGLE PERSON has offered to send us a copy, so there's NOTHING we can do about it at this point. Donations are well and good, and much appreciated as always, but at this point, some copies of the problematic DVDs would be a lot more useful, since Geezer is in Switzerland, and doesn't have access to the same releases there. For certain problems, there are ways of resolving them by posting here or on our forum, or by emailing us; but for title-specific issues, especially with some of the new releases coming out (not a big problem so far, as it seems limited to crappy movies, but it could get annoying), there's basically nothing we can do without the DVDs.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    Constructive talk is fine, but posting about a specific title not working with MTR is useless. It's quite frustrating to have a half dozen people say "Title xxxxx won't rip with MTR", and not a single one offer to send it in so we can address the problem.
    Except for extreme cases where content providers are throwing new copy protection technology at us, everytime someone complains about a disc not ripping, it turns out to be because the disc was dirty or some other user error. The reason they don't send you discs is because theyre making a backup just in case Netflix "goes out of business."

As for the rest of us, developers get kinda touchy when they read complaints about their free software. Lest we forget the whole drama over forty-two from awhile back.

9. Originally Posted by AntnyMD
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    Constructive talk is fine, but posting about a specific title not working with MTR is useless. It's quite frustrating to have a half dozen people say "Title xxxxx won't rip with MTR", and not a single one offer to send it in so we can address the problem.
    Except for extreme cases where content providers are throwing new copy protection technology at us, everytime someone complains about a disc not ripping, it turns out to be because the disc was dirty or some other user error. The reason they don't send you discs is because theyre making a backup just in case Netflix "goes out of business."

As for the rest of us, developers get kinda touchy when they read complaints about their free software. Lest we forget the whole drama over forty-two from awhile back.

My thoughts exactly!

Search Comp PM
    Not necessarily true, as I own my copy of Forgotten bought
    at Wal-Mart the day it was released. I suppose if I go buy
    Sky Captain today at Best Buy and have a problem with it,
    and I don't offer to send my ONLY FREAKIN' COPY to
    Switzerland WITH NO BACKUP, then I'm a thief?

Things get lost in Customs...I send stuff to my cousins
    in Japan and my best friend in Trinidad all the time,
    some stuff makes it some does not, but at least before I send it,
    I make sure to either no to kiss it good bye, or buy an extra
    before I send it. In the case of some of these discs, YOU DON'T
    KNOW until you go to back it up that it has ArCCos or
    whatever new monkey wrench the studios decide to throw at it.

It would be different if every release had something like
    this on it:

but it doesn't. So for those of us who's money is tight, and
    can only afford the one copy to begin with, if we can't send it
    to Switzerland, we're thieves and we're screwed on
    backing it up, right Ant and BernieR?

11. Crying out loud guys, I simply asked you to E-mail us if you have an issue with a ARccOS disk not ripping , instead of flooding the board with repeated posts...

Its not that hard is it ?

And JOACHIM , if you understood the message to say "leave me alone "
    you perchance need to improve on your english , or ask for somone to translate for you , because i stated that we want E-MAILS , and not constant posting...

*AND* You know it works , we e-mailed privatly , and together we fixed the issue you were having, not once did we have to broadcast the bugfix on the board...So what i suggest DOES work.

And , No , I have my own little Fluffy cat , so im not allergic!

And as for the issue about devers getting narked when users complain ... i dont get angry , I honestly could not care less if the users complain / or dont like it. No one forces any user to use the software.

12. I don't wish to add to the "heated" part of this discussion, but I learn a lot about DVDs and video when a simple reply to a problem i don't have apprears here.

for instance, I don't know anything about ArCCos, now maybe I will.

in support of Geez, I didn't know there was a second forum. its not that hard for me to also go there for a few minutes every few days.

this is an extreemly fine forum. its solved some of my simple QT questions and Ive learned a lot. I congratulate you all who do such fine work.

of course Im still trying to find out if HDTV cards next year have a hardware setup that prevents saving to disk so Ill keep reading here and find the MTR forum that covers spesific stuff.

cheers to all rotut

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    Crying out loud guys, I simply asked you to E-mail us if you have an issue with a ARccOS disk not ripping , instead of flooding the board with repeated posts...

No, it's not, and I'll be happy to do it.
    BUT, and yes there is a BUT, if we
    can solve it amongst ourselves,
    rather than call out the BIG GUNS on every disc,
    should we not try this first?

or I got it...Add a sticky up top that says

"MTR PROBLEMS--Before posting, READ THIS!"

and then put info about what to do about ArCCos,
    dirty discs, etc., and then put the disclaimer,
    "If the following items do not solve your problems,
    then email us direct at mtr@ripdifferent.com,
    DO NOT FLOOD THE BOARD WITH POSTS ABOUT
    SPECIFIC DISCS NOT RIPPING."

Would that not be what you want GB?
    You get people to email you on the REALLY tough stuff,
    and for those of us who like to try and figure stuff out,
    we could look at the sticky, try some things, and maybe
    PM amongst ourselves if necessary, before emailing you.

feel free to use what I wrote if you like.

14. Originally Posted by terryj
    Crying out loud guys, I simply asked you to E-mail us if you have an issue with a ARccOS disk not ripping , instead of flooding the board with repeated posts...

No, it's not, and I'll be happy to do it.
    BUT, and yes there is a BUT, if we
    can solve it amongst ourselves,
    rather than call out the BIG GUNS on every disc,
    should we not try this first?

or I got it...Add a sticky up top that says

"MTR PROBLEMS--Before posting, READ THIS!"

and then put info about what to do about ArCCos,
    dirty discs, etc., and then put the disclaimer,
    "If the following items do not solve your problems,
    then email us direct at mtr@ripdifferent.com,
    DO NOT FLOOD THE BOARD WITH POSTS ABOUT
    SPECIFIC DISCS NOT RIPPING."

Would that not be what you want GB?
    You get people to email you on the REALLY tough stuff,
    and for those of us who like to try and figure stuff out,
    we could look at the sticky, try some things, and maybe
    PM amongst ourselves if necessary, before emailing you.

feel free to use what I wrote if you like.

There is some great ideas here ! BTW -- the developer has said to post specific disc issues at the MTR section of this forum: "contact us at mtr@ripdifferent.com or on our forum section in the ripdifferent.com forums"

May be next time someone posts a ...."XYZ disc doesnt rip in MTR all the regs here could tell the guy to check over there ----

Bernie

Search Comp PM
    ??????????

sorry I don't have my
    "Translate cranky Swedish by looking at cranky Swedish cat"
    filter on right??????
    Urban Mac User

Search Comp PM
    Swedish? Wrong S country...

17. But it's kind of fun to think of Geezer as the Swedish Chef from the Muppets. "Hurdy Gurdy Bork Bork Bork Bork!"

18. Hi I am Hurdy the Chef!

AKA -- Geezer!

19. Switzerland , and if you insult me once more i will stop posting updates period......

And l like to think of you as the Chef from SouthPark.... ( hmmmm NiceBoy !! )

Search Comp PM
    Uh oh, this is getting ugly... I think we've covered what needs to be said; might be nearing that ol' thread lock time...

21. Sounds to me that some people need to sit in the time out chair. LOL
    Life is like a pothole, you just have to learn to get around it.

22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Switzerland , and if you insult me once more i will stop posting updates period......
    What was my point? Oh yeah ... hmmmmm.

Search Comp PM
    For give my ignorance, I often fell asleep in
    geography class...not enough cute girls.
    So for the record,
    1. GB is from Switzerland
    2. What do Switzers ( or what ever you guys call yourselves?) speak natively? English?
    Kiwi? German?
    Not making fun, Honestly, I don't know...!
    3. And what is up with the cat?
    Urban Mac User

Search Comp PM
    Okay guys lets say this. People should e-mail the WiseWeasel about DVD reading problems in MTR, otherwise the makers of the program will NOT read and respond to your help messages.

You can post your messages here in the forum, we're not going to censor people in the forum, but they will not be addressed by the program authors. If you want help from the people who can do something about it e-mail them directly.

And under no circumstances should anyone demand action about the program reading a specific DVD title in the forum if they have not e-mail the authors. If you are too lazy / stupid to follow their rules then you do not deserve to have your DVD backed up.

Thread Locked.