VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I purchased Eye Home and have it hard wired to my G4. The home movies that I've placed in my Movies folder play fine. They were taken from VIDEO_TS folders and consist of the movie's VOB files which EyeHome can handle since it handles mpeg1, mpeg2 and mpeg4. However, if a home movie consists of more than one VOB file (i.e., it's longer than 20-30 mins), I have to use the EyeHome remote to move on to the additional VOB files. Is there a simple way to combine the VOB files into one long mpeg2 file so that the movie plays uninterrupted from beginning to end?
    Second question. Feature films on my hard drive present a similar problem. But in addition, EyeHome can only handle the sound (if it's AC3) via its optical connection. I have no optical input on my TV ... only stereo (left and right RCA inputs). Consequently, I get the video but no audio. Is there any way to alter the audio output from these feature film VOB files so that they can be handled thru EyeHome's regular sound connections? Thank you for taking the time to read and respond.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    'fraid i can't be a lot of help for you on this, just share with you that i found the same issues with the eyeHome myself.

i bought one right after they came out, and was exited about the possibilities that it offered. i was SO disapointed that i just gave up and returned the stupid box.

i could not play a whole film ripped to the HD, but had to select the next VOB after the current one ended. we could get the software to recognize ONE Mac in the house, but not the others. connections (direct ethernet connect on its own hub) would drop out constantly. iTunes would not play streaming stations to the eyeHome. and seeing the iTunes library 20 listings at a time, with a collection of over 1k cds was a nightmare.

lots of promise, very little delivery.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Need a good EyeHome referance and lots of information about how myself and a few other have got it all working and considered its positive aspects as well as its negative and found workarounds?

Why play a single VIDEO_TS folder when you can rip a single .Vob with OSeX or convert down to smaller single movie file sizes with Handbrake or FFmpegX are all discussed....

Visit this website> http://forums.fourguysblog.com/index.php?showforum=3

(The EyeHome thread is very long but has a lot of info so I'd say start there)
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    And YadeX is a newer alternative to OSEx.
    Quote Quote  
  5. If you select the folder that all the VOBs are in, you should be able to select Play All. It should then play them all in a row without stopping in between.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use ffmpegX to encode the audio to MP3 before playing on my EyeHome. It's an extra step, but I don't use the optical output either.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Gordymac.
    I have tried ffmpegX with no luck. I choose "play-thru" for the video and mp3 for audio but it doesn't succeed. Could you possibly list your ffmpegX steps and settings and I will try them. Thanks.
    Quote Quote