+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marquis6461
    picrthis

Check you PM. Money order is ready and waiting to be sent. Only need an address.....
    Still haven't heard a thing from you, I sent you my address a week ago and have gotten no reply from you ...... what gives?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Originally Posted by Pro-96
    I tried ordering directly from (pioneer) with will-call but they said no.
    What does 'will-call' mean?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pulinpizdu

Guys,
    I have a question regarding the service CD. Will this CD enable me to make a Region 1 USA NTSC only Pioneer 520HS to record PAL footage to PAL DVD and NTSC footage to NTSC DVD. The european version already does that but the US version knows only NTSC.

Please help because that CD is not documented anywhere.

Thanks

No it's only for a HD change out.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is a dead deal.. with lack of interest since it's soooo quiet.
    Quote Quote  
  5. i'd take a copy of one of them discs if the offer is still available and seller is willing to take money order.
    Quote Quote  
  6. I sent the Money order. I even have the receipt here. Nothing in the mail and nothing in my email.

Don't tell me I am going to have to get a bat and beat a couple of mailmen because they lost the mail again!!!!!!

Seems to me that the Postal Service has really gone to the dogs lately. Nothing but junk mail seems to get through.

I'm holding up my end because I offered to buy the disk and support the forum. I missed my opportunity to get the 520 and am still waiting for the right opportunity on Ebay to get one. Everybody there is going crazy like there is no other options. I can wait it out but I am an honorable man and my word means more than the 65.00.

Please tell me you got the money and you are sending the disk. This is getting ridiculous. I could have driven to you house faster than the mail.

Used to be that if you mailed it today, your recipiant got the letter 3 days later. Not two weeks later.

I work at Citibank and I get a ton of calls each day about people complaining about sending their payments and the mail getting lost.

The Postmaster General needs to be fired and someone else take his place. The Bloat of the Postal Service is enormous. Junk mail seems to have priority.

I really beleive that all Advertizements from companies should be banned from mailing.

1st Class mail should be that. First Class.

Well enough of that Please let me know if you haven't received the money order. I will put out a trace. tommorow.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can anyone help with the supply of the DVD, remote and service manual to people in the UK? I currently have the DVR520 and would love to get a decent sized (300GB) drive installed in it.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As a follow up to my earlier posting, I have a few questions.

1. Can I assume that the only need for the service manual is to obtain some sort of code, and if that is the case, could someone not post these codes onto the forum here.

2. Apart from the service remote which appears difficult to obtain unless you are a service engineer, are there any other remotes available apart from the Pronto one that could be programmed. I just checked the price of the Pronto and here in the UK it costs about 200 pounds (roughly 380 US dollars). At those prices, it doesn't really justify buying it to hack the 520.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by marquis6461
    I sent the Money order. I even have the receipt here. Nothing in the mail and nothing in my email.
    Did you get the disk?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by canon10d
    As a follow up to my earlier posting, I have a few questions.

1. Can I assume that the only need for the service manual is to obtain some sort of code, and if that is the case, could someone not post these codes onto the forum here.

2. Apart from the service remote which appears difficult to obtain unless you are a service engineer, are there any other remotes available apart from the Pronto one that could be programmed. I just checked the price of the Pronto and here in the UK it costs about 200 pounds (roughly 380 US dollars). At those prices, it doesn't really justify buying it to hack the 520.
    1 - as far as I am aware, there are no codes in the service manual. The sequence of instructions has been posted earlier in this thread - therefore should be no need to have a copy of the manual itself.

2 - I don't know of the service remote codes being available for other programmable remotes (although it certainly should be possible in theory). However, if you have a Palm PDA, you can use the pronto file with a program called OmniRemote (after converting it). See my earlier post in this thread for more info. (A Palm is a lot cheaper than a Pronto!).

Will watch this space for updates re: UK availability of the data-disc.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi Canon10D,
    We are on the same boat. The only difference is that I got the pioneer 5100H. I have been follow this topic to months but still don't know how to get the ID disk in UK.
    There are a lot of us in UK want to upgrade their HD and hope there would be someone can help.

robke51,
    Thanks for sharing the information! I am very appreciated!

Does anyone sucessful upgrade their HD in UK?

Thanks in advance for anymore information!

All the best !

-Nonfee-
    Canon 20D, 10D
    2 Pioneer 5100H (300GB)
    www.shingphotography.co.uk
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Deader then dead..
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Of course you can effectively expand the storage capacity by buying DVD-RW discs. Let's say they cost $3 each. That makes an additional 80 GB of storage cost about $60. Plus, the Pioneer keeps track of what's on each of those discs.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sync
    Originally Posted by marquis6461
    I sent the Money order. I even have the receipt here. Nothing in the mail and nothing in my email.
    Did you get the disk?
    Yes he got the disk & his email answered. It only took 2 days after he sat on the money order for well over a week before he mailed it. He posted that long winded posting only a day after I recieved his money order. I doubt I could have gotten it to him any sooner, and I don't think he could walk to my house in 2 days. Funny he hasn't posted anything since. You can look back and see a post from me asking him publicaly were was the money order, because a week had past since he said it was purchased and ready. Finally in private email he told me he was very busy at work and didn't mail it out yet. Then 2 days later he post that very long post about how bad the post office is. Yet the turn around was only 2 days, and I did answer his private email.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Hi to all,
    does anybody had a copy (a pdf for example) of the Service manual for DVR-520 (part# RRV2963) ?
    And can he/she send it to me please ?

Camilla
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Camilla
    Hi to all,
    does anybody had a copy (a pdf for example) of the Service manual for DVR-520 (part# RRV2963) ?
    And can he/she send it to me please ?

Camilla
    Camilla

When I enquired about obtaining the manual 'seb' said that since the sequence of instructions had already been posted here, there was no need to get it. That just leaves the problem of obtaining the disc and the remote.
    Quote Quote  
  17. looking for the disc. check the donkey pioneer_service.nrg
    Quote Quote  
  18. Can the service remote be used for anything besides installing a new hard drive or burner?

I know it can be used to wipe out your settings. I discovered that by accident.
    Quote Quote  
  19. getting anything from berlios??
    Quote Quote  
  20. forget the donkey they came and went without sharing.
    Quote Quote  
  21. anybody else have access to the service disc??
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i would give the guy a chance, he may well be back
    Quote Quote  
  23. i hope your right its been red ever since he dissapeared after getting the last piece he needed!!
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    i'm beginning to think i may be wasting my time continuing with the donkey, looks like your right robpiggott
    Quote Quote  
  25. berlios was the last full copy out there and he dissapeared as soon as he got what he wanted!!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Why were some people able to order this disk from Pioneer and others weren't?
    Quote Quote  
  27. ive quit on the download. he aint coming back. time to move on. shame as i got to 1.7gb

if it pops it head back up again be sure to let you all know.

rob
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    All the info is available in this post. Everyone can order the service disk. The only part that can't be ordered is the remote, but if you read this post, there are other options. The manual should no longer be required either, since the information needed from there has been provided.
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    check the donkey, back to 100% available
    Quote Quote  
  30. thanks jmg. so i see. now got a full copy. has anybodyelse managed to swap out there harddisc using the method in this post.
    Quote Quote