VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 31
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. Same exact procedure with units DVD drive. Forgot to mention, after step 5 power down then up, go to recorder's menu and initialize disc!!! ID disc is Pioneer part #GGV1179, it’s a 2GB DVD disc non Windows format!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone fancy making the ID disc available for download?
    Quote Quote  
  3. pratically, is possible to change internal dvd drive too?
    Please robke51, help us with GGV1179.
    thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I had seen in another post that someone had made an iso image for it?
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If anyone has success with Pronto or Palm remote useage as a service remote using the ccf file, please post results !
    Searching for other ccf files online, there is a DVR-520 ccf file that is a lot larger on the remotecentral web site, but details about what that is exactly are not available.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Originally Posted by jerry62
    If anyone has success with Pronto or Palm remote useage as a service remote using the ccf file, please post results !
    Searching for other ccf files online, there is a DVR-520 ccf file that is a lot larger on the remotecentral web site, but details about what that is exactly are not available.
    I imagine it's the codes for the remote that you already have.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by robke51
    Hi,
    1.Change HD
    2. Power ON
    3.Confirmation of the CPRM ID No. as follows: press ESC then STEREO, take a note of the 9 digit number, you will need it later( same No. is on the back of recorder), Exit this mode by pressing CLEAR.
    4.Deletion of the CPRM ID No.: press ESC + STEREO, input the same number as the ID number and press STOP.
    5. Input of the CPRM ID No. and ID data: press ESC+STEREO, input 9-digit ID number then press SEARCH to register ID, after this recorder's display indicates "INSERT ID", open drawer with recorder's OPEN/CLOSE button and insert ID disc, close. After recorder’s display indicates "ID DATA OK" press CLEAR button.
    Do it at your own risk! I did.
    Thanks for the Pronto zip bud, keep 'em coming (hint hint) LoL
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    No, you still need the CD (or DVD rather, #GGV1179 or copy thereof)...
    I believe that is what is meant by "insert ID disc" in his instructions...
    - j

u must have edited your previous post.. oh well, nevermind..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jerry62
    No, you still need the CD (or DVD rather, #GGV1179 or copy thereof)...
    I believe that is what is meant by "insert ID disc" in his instructions...
    - j

u must have edited your previous post.. oh well, nevermind..
    HEHE, yeah i realized thats what he meant ... so i edited out, thanks for your remark though.. hopefully we can get the CD somehow.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Pro-96

What you interested in. You got the 420 man....... I can't find one. I guess I am going to have to get me a 520 in the place of it.

I sure am going to miss playing with the 810H. It was fun. Got that puppy up to 246 hours and Had the DVD writing to the disk just great when.

I ain't going to buy an 57H because it has the name Elite on it.

Seemed to have a lot of nice features that I liked. Tivo Basic was free and it was easy to upgrade the drive.....

Allowed me to hook up to it on the internet and see and download the files.

Only thing that it missed was the editing of commercials but that could be done on my computer.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marquis6461
    Pro-96

What you interested in. You got the 420 man....... I can't find one. I guess I am going to have to get me a 520 in the place of it.

I sure am going to miss playing with the 810H. It was fun. Got that puppy up to 246 hours and Had the DVD writing to the disk just great when.

I ain't going to buy an 57H because it has the name Elite on it.

Seemed to have a lot of nice features that I liked. Tivo Basic was free and it was easy to upgrade the drive.....

Allowed me to hook up to it on the internet and see and download the files.

Only thing that it missed was the editing of commercials but that could be done on my computer.
    Keep checking at Costco.com for the 420 (even though they are out right now, they keep popping every now and then), i bought 2 from there 2 weeks ago pal.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Are you really loving it? Is it as good as it sounds? I had the Panny 810. I got it from Sound Advice and upgraded it to 250G. It worked great but it had a problem with a part of the burner not stepping properly. I brought it back and they took it back. They didn't have any left so I had to leave without one at all. Really sucks because it had some cool features that overshadowed the problems.

I had even fixed the Crushed Black problem and was working on the Pix problem.

Oh well. Maybe I can get it back at a greater discount and play some more.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Are you really loving it? Is it as good as it sounds? I had the Panny 810. I got it from Sound Advice and upgraded it to 250G. It worked great but it had a problem with a part of the burner not stepping properly. I brought it back and they took it back. They didn't have any left so I had to leave without one at all. Really sucks because it had some cool features that overshadowed the problems.

I had even fixed the Crushed Black problem and was working on the Pix problem.

Oh well. Maybe I can get it back at a greater discount and play some more.
    My DVR-420H-s is awesome. I used to own the crappy HD04 which was promptly returned to Wally's world.

No complaints whatsoever with the 420 for 2 weeks now. And since it was purchased at Costco, if one day it goes FUBAR... i have the confidence that it can be returned back either for exchange or full refund.
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well i guess this topic will go no further w/o the Service CD.
    I tried ordering directly from (pioneer) with will-call but they said no.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Maybe we can. If robke51 is reading this topic and wants to. I will buy his copy of the disk. We then can set up a form of a update tree on here.

You know..... Buy the disk from him and I upgrade my system. Sell it to you. You upgrade yours and so on. After all has done so, I will buy it back.
    Quote Quote  
  16. That way it would keep it legal with the lawyers.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    That way it would keep it legal with the lawyers.
    I upgraded my Recorder using the Pronto config file posted on here and the original pioneer service dvd. I sent you a PM in regards to the Pioneer service dvd; I have no need for it now, and have no problem selling off the dvd for what it cost me.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by picrthis
    I upgraded my Recorder using the Pronto config file posted on here and the original pioneer service dvd. I sent you a PM in regards to the Pioneer service dvd; I have no need for it now, and have no problem selling off the dvd for what it cost me.
    What size HDD did you upgrade to if i may ask?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pro-96
    What size HDD did you upgrade to if i may ask?
    I now have a 300 GB HD.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I now have a 300 GB HD.
    Wow very nice, so approx how many hours does it give you at the best resolution?

And do you have the DVR-420 or DVR-520?

Congrats on that upgrade
    Quote Quote  
  21. Wow very nice, so approx how many hours does it give you at the best resolution?
    3.75 times what ours holds :P
    Quote Quote  
  22. picrthis

Check you PM. Money order is ready and waiting to be sent. Only need an address.....
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    picrthis

Check you PM. Money order is ready and waiting to be sent. Only need an address.....
    I also replied to your PM pal.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Hi guys,
    excuse for my bad english, i'm italian and don't speak english very well!!
    Please help me to upgrade my dvr520 with new and big hd, i'm going to out oh head beacause i'm looking for data disk id.
    Please help me, contact me in PV and i glad to buy data disk.
    thank you in advance
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Pro-96
    picrthis

I also replied to your PM pal.
    I have replied to date, to all who have PM'd me.
    Quote Quote  
  26. There was another post about someone who put the same HD in a Panny. But it had to match the one that was already there. I don't think they would want you to put in a bigger HD, thats why they have other models with bigger hds for sale.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But why not upgrade the system as much as possible?

I went ahead and ordered the service dvd part from pioneer... others have said that this couldn't be done, but I will see if they are able to deliver the item... the order did go through, but we'll see how far that goes.
    Quote Quote  
  28. why i don't receive a reply?
    Quote Quote  

29. Guys,
    I have a question regarding the service CD. Will this CD enable me to make a Region 1 USA NTSC only Pioneer 520HS to record PAL footage to PAL DVD and NTSC footage to NTSC DVD. The european version already does that but the US version knows only NTSC.

Please help because that CD is not documented anywhere.

Thanks

Quote Quote  
  30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by marcowind80
    why i don't receive a reply?
    create an account and order part GGV1179 from the pioneer links already provided in this thread. (parts.pioneerelectronics.com)... I have the 510, but this should work for the 520 from what others have said.
    Quote Quote