VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. hi,
    im trying to make a dvd with multiple movies ie a season of the simpsons. i think im ment to use sizzle to do this, i downloaded the program but it keeps crashing whenever i try to do this anyone have any ideas on what im doing wrong. sorry if my terminolgies wrong im such a bloody newbie at this.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    get the version 0.5b1 not the newest then give my website a click. depending on what your simpsons episodes are formated in now, click either DIVX to DVD or SVCD to DVD if they are mpeg files

good luck
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks, i downloaded sizzle 0.5b1 (older version not the source code version) and followed your steps. except i added an mpg. file only no extra audio or anything (seems its all contained in the file) but still crashed at about 10%.

any help with this i want to make a dvd with a menu and multiple films ie a simpsons series on one dvd playable on an external dvd player, ive had no luck with sizzle it keeps crashing.

thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    actually it always crahsed on me when i added the muxed mpeg.
    you should demux and attempt again
    Quote Quote  
  5. so whats the best format to encode the avi file with ffmpegx...before i add them to sizzle?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey Galactica, I was at yor site, which was very helpfull on ripping and copying to DvD to DvDr. but I notice you do not use Mac The Ripper. I did use your instructions all the way, but I did not use DvDBackup and instead I used Mac The Ripper. Is DvDBackup a better rippin/easy software to use? What do you say??Thanks
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life
    Quote Quote  
  7. well, thanks for the help so far gallactica ...i demuxed the mpg file and ended up with about 15 .mpg-2.m2v & .mpg-1.mp2 files for each .mpg i demuxed....?.... so, i tried to just change the title on the 1st one of each bunch to ohmikey 1.m2v & ohmikey 1.mp2 then i added them to there respective section in sizzle as per web site instructions.

sizzle still crashed! so, what have i done wrong here, should i have so many file after the demux and should i convert the audio to 48 khz.

also, is there a simpler way to this proceedure?

thanks for any help you can offer

mique
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    trying to answer all ?;s here

yes my site says dvdbackup, but MTR is newer and better, have not had time to update the website.

mique. hmm still crashing? Is it the only app that crashes?
    I can only suggest to perhaps try chaning the audio for 1 of your files and testing. see if it doesnt crash

if it does, perhaps you can use sizzle 0.1 [no menu';s but it does the trick]
    I use Mpeg2works for my avi to dvd. the output from there has always worked for me with sizzle.

sorry if this isnt too helpful
    Quote Quote  
  9. well, still no luck here....man, i would really appreciate some help.

i`ve downloaded all the above. sizzle 1 let me import my audio/video files and then starts to process, but nothing happens...processing stays at 0% forever. next, mpeg2works gives me an error.

someone please help! i neeeeeed to make a multiple dvd and im running out of space on the hd.

thanks for any help out there
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by mique
    i neeeeeed to make a multiple dvd and im running out of space on the hd.
    This may be the beginning and end of your problem. Without enough space for temp files Sizzle and other DVD authoring apps will crash. I like to have at least twice as much room as the size of the DVD, meaning at least 9 GB free on the hard drive before authoring.
    Quote Quote  
  11. thanks, i thought so too, but im using an external hd with at least 90gb at the moment.

i downloaded sizzle .05b2 again and tries to make a chaptered dvd again and for the first time actually managed to get a disk image at the end but the video_ts folder is unreadable by apple dvd.

also now it seems it wont recognize the audio i tried to demux it and ended up with an mp2 file and sizzle wont recognize that as dvd compatible so following galacticas web site i converted the mpg. file to an ac3 audio file with ffmpegx but sizzle says that there is no audio on the file.

jebus!
    Quote Quote