VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I'd like to strip out some stuff, like trailers, but keep the menus, is their an easy way to make sure I'm doing that in DVD2OneX?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Try Galactica's website: http://webpages.charter.net/ernsta/macvideo.html
    You can do it but it takes some time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    unless dvd2one has offered a new version it wont let you do that.

The method that goat referred you to is the best. I have been told that you can just "toss" the unwanted .vob's but i replace them with empty text files because my dvd player plays them that way.

Give it a try, if you have specific question let me know, its really easy if you do it one or twice, just looks like a lot when you do it the first time

Click here For Direct Link
    Quote Quote  
  4. Thanks, I might try it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. As an alternative, you could just do a Full Copy and just shrink the size of the DVD and keep the menus. I've done this before several times. I first used it for an 8gb dvd and reduced it to 4.3gb with menus.

Ice.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I used dvd2oneX and mine does nt just do the movie. But I have a selection that says JUST MOVIE, but it does the whole disk.

I do not see any bad quality, but maybe its just my eyes. I just backup Crimson River (full) and I did not see any diff between my original and the back up dvd+r
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life
    Quote Quote  
  7. My current solution is using MacTheRipper to rip and Popcorn to compress. Popcorn could be so much more, but at the very least it compresses things. Haven't seen it's results yet though. It says it'll compress 41%, which I guess is ok.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Popcorn lets you do this? How are you maintaing your menu yet tossing the extras with popcorn?
    Quote Quote  
  9. Sorry, that was meant as a response to IceMan, I guess that's my "imperfect solution" until something easier comes around.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cyclonus
    Sorry, that was meant as a response to IceMan, I guess that's my "imperfect solution" until something easier comes around.
    Humm if you have a PC, I say SHRINK
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Shrink would be one way, but then again, you can just use my tutorial. Seriously, it takes but 2 min extra
    Quote Quote