VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Good Idea

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Correction, DVD.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello stiltman,

Just started to print on TY-R hub printable - matte.
    Inner is 23mm
    Outer is 118.5mm

I use Epson print CD s/w
    If I select 118, I will have a very small white ring on the edge.
    If I select 119, It will have way too much ink of the side.

I do not know how to print them properly.
    I do not like to use 119 and end up with extra ink that I need to wipe off.
    I am afraid that some ink will stay and somewhat, may damage optical drives.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    Hello stiltman,

Inner is 23mm
    Outer is 118.5mm

I use Epson print CD s/w

Had the same problem with ?????brain fart???? oh yeah, the inner hole for some Prodisc S04's. They seemed to be slightly off. I just printed them as usual. I didn't wait for it to dry. Then I noticed I could smudge the inner ring a little. I really doubt .25mm of ink will cause any problems at all. The media will suck most of the moisture out of it via wicking. Least it hasn't caused any problems for me.

Are you sure the hub is 23mm?
    I'll add it to the list
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Stilt,

Inner is really 23mm, not 22 or 21.

Edit: outer is ok at 119mm
    Quote Quote  
  5. added

BTW, thanks for the input
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Nothing about BeAll inject printable?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by RickTheRed
    Hello stiltman,

Inner is 23mm
    Outer is 118.5mm

I use Epson print CD s/w

I'm a little confused -- wouldn't you get a bigger white ring if you select 119? I have a different problem -- I'm using Canon's software, printing TY matte -- but I cannot select a size beyond 118. So I'm getting a white ring as well. And no matter how I size the image, I can't get rid of the white ring.

Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  8. Originally Posted by johnjohnvh
    Nothing about BeAll inject printable?
    No one has upped the sizes and stuff, so no, not yet
    Quote Quote  
  9. Epson R200 on
    Prodisc hub-printables
    Ritek hub rpintables

118mm - 23mm

no problems at all
    edge to edge printing

I'm working on a template for CorelDraw to print with Epson. It is a pain because everything has to be done manually and requires many tests. But that is my fav so I have to do it. Anybody has one yet?
    Quote Quote  
  10. Sorry if this is such a newbie question; but how do I use the Photoshop Templates with the images I plan to use as labels?

Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  11. Originally Posted by spiffy
    Sorry if this is such a newbie question; but how do I use the Photoshop Templates with the images I plan to use as labels?

Spiffy
    I would start a new thread asking the question
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by stiltman
    I would start a new thread asking the question
    Thanks stiltman, will do.

Back to the subject of Print Area: Does anyone know if there is there a brand of discs not listed that has a larger hub diameter than TY (44 mm)?

Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by spiffy
    Back to the subject of Print Area: Does anyone know if there is there a brand of discs not listed that has a larger hub diameter than TY (44 mm)?

Spiffy
    Curious why you would want less print area. Usually, people want more print area
    Quote Quote  
  14. Curious why you would want less print area. Usually, people want more print area
    I have some older DVDs I'm backing up that have much smaller labels (large hubs) than the current discs today. I am trying to preserve the label scans as close to the original as possible without trying to fill in the extra printable areas with colors and what not.

Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maxell 8x DVD-R wide printable:
    118mm - 21mm
    Quote Quote  
  16. Originally Posted by Gen-An
    118mm - 21mm
    Curious, what's the media code on those?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    MXL RG03, naturally
    Quote Quote  
  18. How would you use these templates to print to a Canon IP5200 CD Tray? I guess they need to be carefully positioned in a larger template?
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by Gen-An
    118mm - 21mm
    Do you know what's the measurements for the Maxell CD-R? The Maxells I bought came in a package, no spindle. Kind of an awkward way to sell blank media if you ask me.
    Quote Quote  
  20. I hope it's OK for me to ask this question in this thread... But is the Ritek White matte (118mm x 42mm) still available anywhere?

I looked at the product image from Supermediastore.com, and the disc looks suspiciously like the same size as the TDK PrintOn and the Verbatim, which has a smaller hub area.

Looks like Rima.com only carrys the Hub Printables, and Supermediastore no longer sells sampler packs... So if anyone has any info, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance!

Spiffy
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Great original idea this, although at least one template needs an alignment job…
    This is the Verbatim 119mmx21mm template with an overlay of the same measurements done in Illustrator, which is much more precise than Photoshop when doing this sort of stuff (and easier too for that matter). I have this one and the Taiyo-Yuden full-face and I can either export the AI files into Photoshop and make a raster image or convert them to PDF, which works very well too.

Of course maybe it's no big deal and just my OCD.
    Satan's Ex-Son-In-Law
    Quote Quote  
  22. I added
    Verbatim DataLifePlus DVD+R DL white matte
    119mm x 35.5mm

After running a copy through last night, 35mm is just a little too small by about .5mm
    The template is for 119mm x 36mm
    Quote Quote  
  23. Hello! I am just wondering if anyone has some measurements for the BenQ White Matte Printable(Non-Hub Printable)? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  24. Uploaded new template for TY hub printables. I changed it to 119mm x 22mm. It should actually be 118.5 (sometimes) as I've noticed a little extra ink around the outside edge. Funny, but it doesn't happen all the time. So I just got used to running a soft cloth around the outside each time.

Oh well, use at your own risk
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    question

downloaded the "Verbatim white matte hub printable" template

flawless printing, except the bottom of the inner circle is slightly off leaving a white line, have wasted a couple of disks fiddling with the measurements

using Acoustica CD/DVD Label Printer and a Canon IP4600, if that matters

ones I used

EDIT: fixed it, had to tinker with the inner hub but now have a perfect template
    Quote Quote  
  26. Sorry if this sounds like a stupid question; but is it just a matter of getting a mm ruler and actually measure the (diameter) printable areas of the discs? I need to get the dimensions of some of the newer blanks, especially the BD-Rs; but I've never actually done any measuring before...
    Quote Quote  
  27. Yep, just measure it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

stiltman you've done a great job putting these templates together, I am using Aone DVD-R 4.7gb - Full Face Printable discs and I have found they are 117mm x 23mm.

I have downloaded one of you're templates, but I am not very good with photoshop and I don't understand how to change it to this size.

Can you give me any advice or help.

Thanks
    Guts
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Guts118 View Post
    Hi,

stiltman you've done a great job putting these templates together, I am using Aone DVD-R 4.7gb - Full Face Printable discs and I have found they are 117mm x 23mm.

I have downloaded one of you're templates, but I am not very good with photoshop and I don't understand how to change it to this size.

Can you give me any advice or help.

Thanks
    Guts

Hi again,

The size if my discs are actually 117m x 18mm.

Once again, any help is appreciated

Thanks
    Jon
    Quote Quote  
  30. Just set your round selection tool in Photoshop to 18mm and click
    then drag it as close to the right area as you can
    You can also setup 4 guides, one on each side the you'll know you've got it pretty much right on.

18mm for printable area in the center seems too small, but then I haven't purchased hub printables except TY's in a long time
    Quote Quote