VideoHelp Forum

Try DVDFab and download streaming video, copy, convert or make Blu-rays,DVDs! Download free trial !
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 102
Thread
  1. dvd's have usually 2 protections schemes.

    macrovision - which is picture scrambling to prevent copying.

    region coding - to prevent playing in certain regions of the world before it is released

    since the dvd has region coding in, its safe to assume also that macrovision is used to. I don't know if dvd-shrink removes macrovision whilst importing direct from the dvd. I know dvd decryptor does though.
    Some people are only alive because it may be illegal to kill them
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    dvds that are already copies have this? remember, this is not the original i am working with.

    does any of that make a differenece if its pal though?
    Quote Quote  
  3. eeeeeeekk

    patience syed,, patience....

    if it is not the original, then why does it have a region code? and, it makes no difference if it is pal or ntsc.

    rip the disc already, and try it!
    Some people are only alive because it may be illegal to kill them
    Quote Quote  
  4. Given the kind of DVD it is there most likley is no Region and definitely no protection. you can just drag and drop the files on your computer.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by alsyed
    eeeeeeekk

    patience syed,, patience....

    if it is not the original, then why does it have a region code? and, it makes no difference if it is pal or ntsc.

    rip the disc already, and try it!
    lol ok

    this tells me something...if it is not the original, then it doesnt have a region code, meaning it must be pal, meaning the only way for it to work would be to convert the whole thing. i will burn it now anyways, just in case, im probably wrong, seems quite common with me in this regard.
    Quote Quote  
  6. There is No original of that DVd. Burning it will not matter,You will need to convert it or get a DVD player that will Play and convert Pal to NTSC. dont waistn a DVD.It will not work.....
    Quote Quote  
  7. If it is pal..
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    how would the ifoedit help?

    you need an ifo file and right now alls i have is an image, meaning no video-ts folder.
    Quote Quote  
  9. :S

    umm have you got drive image tools, such as daemon? or virtual cd thing like alcohol 120%, nero image drive?

    if you have an image file, when you load that into a drive image software, it will make a virtual drive load up on your system, and you will see an ifo file in there. But you won't be able to edit it. You will have to rip it again to the hdd.

    Therefore i suggest, if you wan't to make edits, adjustments to the dvd, then you rip it as a dvd folder.
    Some people are only alive because it may be illegal to kill them
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Canada
    Search Comp PM
    No matter what your dvd player will have to convert an NTSC signal to PAL, thats where the conversion will happen. Its a totaly differnt format as mentioned above, NTSC is in a nutshell black and white over a colour picture and PAL is colour over colour, it just wont display right unless your dvd palyer can convert, if not your tv or whatever your displaying it on will show a F**ked picture. PAL is much better quality too, but I'm sure you have your reason for changing it.
    Quote Quote  
  11. All the ways that you want to try and do this without encoding maybe all for nothing, not every DVD player Suports this.You should buy a Cheap player that will play it. Like the Philips642. Or just re-encode it to NTSC.
    Quote Quote  
  12. All he needs to do is drag and drop,not rip.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by canadateck
    All he needs to do is drag and drop,not rip.
    ok you keep talking about this...


    i just played the burned one i made with dvd encrypter, and as you said it would, it failed. what will drag and drop do and how do i do it?
    Quote Quote  
  14. Originally Posted by canadateck
    All he needs to do is drag and drop,not rip.
    agreed, but i'm thinking "preemptively", you'll still have to copy all the files over from the image, then build another image once done, then burn. save time, and space if yoiu just ripped it initially as a dvd folder.
    Quote Quote  
  15. This is a DVDr there is no protection, so you dont need to rip it. is what I'm saying.
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    please please explain i am confused again

    pretty much now this image i just made is useless and i wasted another dvd, so i now have 3 that i cant watch

    what next?
    Quote Quote  
  17. I read up on your player, and this will not work you will need to re-encode.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Originally Posted by bosco-12
    please please explain i am confused again

    pretty much now this image i just made is useless and i wasted another dvd, so i now have 3 that i cant watch

    what next?
    I told you not to burn it...
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by canadateck
    Originally Posted by bosco-12
    please please explain i am confused again

    pretty much now this image i just made is useless and i wasted another dvd, so i now have 3 that i cant watch

    what next?
    I told you not to burn it...
    i know...i suspected it wouldnt work. what now?
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    when you say this wont work what do you mean? the ifoedit thing or what?
    Quote Quote  
  21. re-encode/re-encode/re-encode!

    look up on conversion from pal dvd to ntsc dvd now. There is heaps of guides on this.

    its your only way.
    Some people are only alive because it may be illegal to kill them
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    how much quality will be lost?
    Quote Quote  
  23. You should buy a Cheap player that will play it. Like the Philips642. Or just re-encode it to NTSC
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    will much quality be lost?

    cant buy another dvd player for one dvd, when it already cost me $50
    Quote Quote  
  25. What kind of software do you have,alsyed knows a good way with Vegas there is a free trial , not sure about the Mpeg encoder,but there are free ones.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    could you post some link[s] please

    im looking in guides and none apply to pal dvd-ntsc dvd
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    ya i looked there, but all are vcd or svcd or ntsc-pal not the other way around

    this vegas program will do it? $500 for full version, hopefully the trial will do it
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    North America
    Search Comp PM
    no mention of dvds there though. does that matter?
    Quote Quote  



Similar Threads