VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. You can use your capture card's input as a source. I've used it many times.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, I can. But that drives the signal through extra circuitry. Why would I use my capture card's input?

My capture card takes the input and redirects it back to the line-in. Physically. It takes the signal coming from the source, and has a physical wire sticking out the back of it reaching up to my line-in port.

My problem is not getting the source.
    I have the signal coming from my GameCube, playing on my speakers, but it's only stereo.
    I need to do a LIVE decode (DPL-II expansion to 5.1) of the line-in signal before it passes to my system mixer.
    Quote Quote  
  3. You can use an adapter to bypass the capture card...
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM

I do not need to bypass the capture card, I am fully capable of hooking it straight into my line-in.
    Which is what I've been saying.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by SexConker
    I need to do a LIVE decode (DPL-II expansion to 5.1) of the line-in signal before it passes to my system mixer.
    GraphEdit can do that...
    That's what I've been saying
    You use your capture card as a source, and use that intervideo filter to upmix the pro logic II source to 5.1 channels.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    interesting...
    Quote Quote  
  7. Do you want a screenshot of a working graph?
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    no, I can work graphedit myself, but I just haven't gotten around to it yet - I spend all my time not doing my homework. damned college
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Cornucopia
    DPLII is a decoding algorithm that can be implemented in the analog world or the digital world.
    Having gone through this example, I am now of the opinion that what the poster wants could be done with GraphEdit.

Scott
    Yeah, that's what I have been saying too.
    Quote Quote  
  10. What happened with this? Did anyone try it?
    Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I did try it...

I'm using a Sb Live! with a 5.1 sound system (my gamecube is connected in the line-in jack of the card).

Now, I'm using Graphedit to try to get the output of my soundcard to be filtered by FFDShow (which has a Dolby Prologic II matrix filter, just like AC3Filter), but it always fail!
    It tells me that "these filters cannot agree on a connection.", in other words, it can't find compatible types between the input and the output pin (this error comes up wether I connect "ffdshow audio decoder" with the "Default directsound device" or wether I connect my Sound Card with FFDShow. See first image to understand the arrangement of filters).

The first screen grab shows the arrangement I tried to make work.

(the sound card filter comes from the "audio capture sources" category, the "ffdshow audio decoder" comes from the "Directshow filters" category and, finally, the "default directsound device" comes from the "audio renderers" category.)
    This graph never worked (it always gives me the error about incompatible pins).

The second screenshot shows one graph that IS working (it's not doing DPLII decoding, but the sound is filtered in real-time, which is half of what is expected ).

(I used a "echo" filter from the "DMO audio effects" category, the other filters are the same as before)

Now, I'm wondering how I could connect my soundcard to a directshow filter (that directshow filter would be FFDShow)... should I connect an "in-between" filter which would do some sort of modification on the audio type?? What would be this "in-between" filter ?

Any Help is appreciated, thanks!
    --Yop83
    P.S: I'm using Graphedit private build 011008 (got it from the link earlier in this thread). I'm using the "Connect Intelligent" option to auto-scan possible arrangements...
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    this is an alternative :

I use the follow software ; Bidule , circle surround vst plug in, and kx proyect drivers.

make the conection , and you can decode live , in real time, dolby prologic, prologic II or other compatible matrix sound

be sure mute the "Inline" input is off , because this can cause feedback or echo.

It works for me , and I use it with my game cube.
    Quote Quote