VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or try DVDFab and copy, convert or make Blu-rays and DVDs! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi all.

I recently bought a Pioneer DVR-108 drive from SVP, along with some RiDisc DVD+R DL discs.

I'm currently trying to back up my Indiana Jones box set. I've ripped the video to disc with DVD Decrypter, then created a HD image using Nero Recode 2 (version 2.2.6.1) to add in the data files for the InterActual player etc.

But when I try to burn the backup to the DL disc, it fails with the error: "Cannot write track at correct position with this recorder."

The discs were listed on the SVP website as being compatible with the drive.

Is this a problem with Nero, or should I be looking elsewhere?

I've attached (I hope!) the log file for the session, in case that helps with diagnosis.

Thanks for any help.

dvr108-fail.txt
    Quote Quote  
  2. The last update on Pioneer's website shows it to be compatible with MCC and Ricoh DL media. What media code is the Ridata stuff? I've read posts from others who've had problems with the Ridisc DL media with the Pioneer 108.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The manufacturer code is RITEK D01.

Thanks for the input. I'm off to bed now... will check back tomorrow.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Well, it seems that the discs are fine after all. I've tried writing with Pinnacle InstantCopy and it's worked fine.

Seems to be a problem with Nero, but as yet I've had no response from their technical support.
    Quote Quote