VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
  1. Got the Modix HD-3510. Love IT!
    What programs do you suggest to use to convert DVD to Files w/Menus for this player?

I also tried the Revolutions in Divx6. No go. I loaded the ISO image file of Revolutions & the movie plays just like the DVD w/Menus. Awesome quality.

Just looking for the best format to convert to that includes menus & the best tool for convertion.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Anyone know where I can buy extra cables and power supply for this dude? I would like to keep a set of cables in two rooms so all I have to do is move the box itself and not all the cables.

Thanks!!!
    "The name on the front of your shirt is more important than the name on the back"
    Kurt Russell - Miracle
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by tmaxwell2435
    Anyone know where I can buy extra cables and power supply for this dude? I would like to keep a set of cables in two rooms so all I have to do is move the box itself and not all the cables.

Thanks!!!
    I got all my stuff at DivXtech.com
    They have an Accessories section.
    https://id299.securedata.net/divxtech.com/merchantmanager/index.php
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just came across this.

There is a Black Friday sale on Modix HD-3510 at

http://www.divxtech.com

you have 6 hours left.
    Quote Quote  
  5. What does the Modix 3520 have that the 3510 doesn't???
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Difference between HD-3520 and HD-3510:

Modix HD-3520 suppose to have true HD capability instead of up-scaling (comply with DivX HD standard), latest chipset (EM8621 vs. EM8511), USB hosting ability (so you can hook up your iPod to this thing), built in FM transmitter module (so you can play mp3 in your car if your stereo does not have a cassette deck but I think this is optional), same dimension, almost same look, same colors (black and white), a lot more money, and etcetera.

Ask the guys at www.divxtech.com. They said they will have the specs on their web site soon.

I think HD-3510 is an outstanding device. It sure is better than some other HDD based machines out there. I don’t think HD-3510 fall short of HD-3520. HD-3520 just have more stuff. Because all my video files are not high def, I am OK with my HD-3510. When my hard drive fills up, I’ll get the HD-3520 next.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Chaseskip
    Originally Posted by tmaxwell2435

Thanks!!!
    I got all my stuff at DivXtech.com
    They have an Accessories section.
    https://id299.securedata.net/divxtech.com/merchantmanager/index.php
    They have a "MODIX Component Video Cable" that has one mini plug to 3 composite outputs. The cable I have has 2 mini plugs going to three composite outputs. One for video and two for audio. Will that cable work for a normal TV? The site says it is an "Component Video Cable for HDTV". I don't have an HDTV.

Thanks for all the help!
    "The name on the front of your shirt is more important than the name on the back"
    Kurt Russell - Miracle
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    This is the cable I was talking about. They just started carrying it.

Woo Hoo!

Thanks for all the help here BTW!!!!!
    Kurt Russell - Miracle
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How about this solution.. On ebay there are lately bunch of portable DVD players that have USB2 inputs and can play AVI/MPG2/3 from external HDDs. They run for about $170. I have both a 7" and a 8.4" display model, with remote control and HDDs hooked up to the USB port. You can have them on the road or you can hook up their external outut to a TV. Works great for me.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Originally Posted by draganong
    How about this solution.. On ebay there are lately bunch of portable DVD players that have USB2 inputs and can play AVI/MPG2/3 from external HDDs. They run for about $170. I have both a 7" and a 8.4" display model, with remote control and HDDs hooked up to the USB port. You can have them on the road or you can hook up their external outut to a TV. Works great for me.
    Can you offer a Model Number on one of these?
    Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  11. @draganong

No Model?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Cant Find anything Close to what you are talking about.

Gonna Give a Model Number,To Help me out.??
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just do a search in google. I found several. Regardless.... this is my NEXT purchase!!
    http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/Products/HDM5000U.aspx
    Quote Quote  
  14. Thanks for the Google tip. Wish I thought of that earlier. Ha ha
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    FYI the HD-3520 is suppose to be available on Jan 15th.

Divxtech.com
    Kurt Russell - Miracle
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The HD-3520 is on the site for purchase.
    Kurt Russell - Miracle
    Quote Quote  
  17. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Dude, Modix HD-3520 rocks.

Got it on Friday, spent Saturday and better part of Sunday playing with it. Far better than what I have been use to. Packaging is much better (got it in white but it looks more like pearl). I have an old HD-3510 and a friend has the Tvix. It blows both away.

The High Def looks fantastic (downloaded HD movie trailers from divx.com). Does anybody know where I can get HD movies?
    Quote Quote  
  18. S how much does the 3520/3510 cost in The USA eg with 160/250gb hard drive?? or no hard drive? in UK I have seen them, 3510 no HD for £130 approx $190-200 ...

Cable does Hi-def movies in USA...
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    goto www.divxtech.com for pricing in US.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    The review that you are referring to by denguru.com refers to the HD-3510 and not HD-3520.

However, my HD-3510 didn't have any problem playing the Xvid files. Actually, most of my video files are Xvid. So, I don’t know what danguru.com was referring to.

The HD-3510 does not support wmv9 but HD-3520 does.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Anybody know if they improved the fan in these things?
    I have 2 3510's & both the fans are LOUD, LOUD, LOUD...
    Support says my place is too dusty & blow the fan out, but that doesn't seem to help.
    I want the 3520, but worried about the fans.....
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just wondering if anyone knows where
    to buy the Modix 3520 in Canada.

I cannot seem to find a distributor in Canada
    and do not receive an answer to my requests
    to the American distributor.

Any help or experience would be appreciated

Thx
    Quote Quote  
  23. I have ordered 2 3510's right from the site. Prompt service & delivery.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Chaseskip,

3520 is very quiet, much so than 3510.

I have a sure method of getting rid of the fan noise on the 3510 for good.

First is disconnecting the fan altogether. I had mine disconnected for several weeks before I used the second method.

Second method requires a can of air and can of WD-40. Get the idea. First remove the fan and use the can of air to remove any dust. Than, take the WD-40 (make sure you have the straw connected at the nozzle) and spray generously inside the fan where the gear would be. Next, take the can of air and spray everywhere drying it off including the inside the gear. Once its dry, install it back and try it out. No more fan noise.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ebin,

go to www.divxtech.com
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the info.

I got an answer from Divxtech,
    They are out of stock at this time, and hoping to
    get more in the near future.

No Canadian distributors at this time, waaa
    Will have to order online at USA prices
    Quote Quote  
  27. its95,

I wasn't sure if the wd-30 would really work since I have been constantly using cans of air on it. I guess I was not sure about taking the thing apart. Anyways, took it apart, blow it out, "GREASED" her up & works nice & queit..... for now.

Thank you.

P.S. I have the TViX HD M-5000U Media Player http://www.tvix.co.kr/Eng/Products/HDM5000U.aspx coming in on Monday & plan on ordering the 3520 today. I will post my opinions later.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    WD-40, men's greatest invention. I tell yea, it works wonders.

I been thinking about getting the Tvix M-5000U also (this hobby is getting very expensive). The Ethernet connectivity caught my attention.

So, how is it working out for you? Are you satisfied? Any problem?

I’ve been hesitant because TvixUSA said that they are not selling it because there is a hardware and quality issues. Same time, I saw the unit being sold at digitalconnection.com. What gives?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Just got it this afternoon. I will play & let my thoughts be known. Wish there were HD Movies I could download to watch. I'd pay for them..... If I could find them.....
    Quote Quote