VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7
FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    chrissboy,

Excellent tool. I have been using it and eventually I come up with a problem where it refuses to convert a VOB. In most of the cases I can get it to work by ripping the DVD again, but this time selecting an audio stream with only 2 channels, instead of the 5.1.

My question for you is regarding subtitles. I use DVD Shrink and when the movie is on a foreign language, I select the English subtitles to be displayed by default. However, they do not appear on the mpg file. Is there a way to have VOB2MPG create a mpeg file with the subtitles?

Thanks,

F
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Not really. The subbtitles are in the original DVD vobs - but you don't see them by default. It is the DVD player (software or hardware) which displays them. So whilst, in theory, the mpg could have the same, again you would not see them when you played the the file.

Depending on what you are doing with the mpeg (re authoring for example) there are ways of creating a new DVD with the original subs...
    SVCD2DVD v2.5, AVI/MPEG/HDTV/AviSynth/h264->DVD, PAL->NTSC conversion.
    VOB2MPG PRO, Extract mpegs from your DVDs - with you in control!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I use the VOB2MPG and able to convert a set of VOBs to MPEG. It is quick and the video quality is great. I play one of the MPEG on WMP11, it plays fine until I move the slide bar to the middle of the movie. Then, all I get is static. Reading through the thread, I have already installed the AC3 filter, but that didn't help. Running mediainfo on the VOB, I see the Codec for audio is PCM. Does that mean I have to find another codec? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about that, wasn't sure if anyone still read this thread, that's why I posted a new one. I have static audio playing in VLC even I play it from the beginning. BTW, mediainfo reports the audio codec is PCM. Does that mean I need to install this audio codec? I am very new to dvd conversion
    Quote Quote  
  5. I'm a MEGA Super Moderator Baldrick's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    pcm wav in mpg container doesn't work hat well. what are you going to use the mpg for?
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I am trying to convert some dvd demo and place them on the company website as wmv, so our customers can see them. The DVDs are in a hdd in the form of AUDIO_TS and VIDEO_TS (2 in each directory, 1 directory for a dvd demo). So far, I used VOBmerge and combined the smaller VOBs into 1 big VOB. I tried ffmpeg to convert them nto wmv, but I can only play it using VLC and not WMP11. Any suggestion on converting VOB to wmv? I am also trying AutoGK and convert the VOB to AVI first, then to WMV. Not sure if that is the right direction
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by dave_71
    Hi there, new poster here, hoping that someone can help...

Like others, I'm getting the same problem that when I run vob2mpg, it converts 0 files in 0 seconds. I've tried the suggestions about running it again immediately after, and leaving it for a while before running, but to no avail . I've even tried several different vob sets in case there was something wrong with one of them, but still no joy...
    This post is an answer to dave_71's query along with anyone else who's had a problem with VOBs from DVD files that processed in 0 to a few seconds resulting in 0 to small-sized KB MPGs.

The answer was mentioned earlier: VOB2MPG cannot process VOB files 2GBs and over! Make sure you reprocess the DVD in DVD Shrink, but before you do, go to DVD Shrink Preferences > Output Files and make sure the option that reads "Split VOB files into 1GB sized chunks (recommended)" is checked.

Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi all;

I have problems using any 2.x version of vob2mpg... the problem I have is that it converts to mpg, but, I get nothing but static for audio.

If I use the original v1.0 of vob2mpg, the resultant mpg file comes out fine [with perfect audio].

My only problem with v1.0 is that I keep getting exception errors concerning Values not being correct.

I noticed that v1.0 is dependent upon .NET v1.1 which I don't have installed at present time [I have v2.0 installed], so, I will install v1.1 of .NET and see if that clears up my Exception error in v1.0 of vob2mpg.

Could my v2.x problem [of vob2mpg] be actually a problem with ffmpeg instead?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I suspect that your audio is LPCM or DTS and that is not supported at the moment.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ok, yes, the audio is LPCM, so, that answers that question.

thanks ChrissyBoy.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I'm having a problem with VOB2MPG since I re-installed my PC and upgraded to XP SP3. I'm not really sure wether this is a codec issue or an SP3 issue though.

VOB2MPG does not process VTS_01 but does process the other VTS-files, even if they're bigger than 1 Gb. The VTS file is ripped in chunks of 1 gb.

Extract of the log for the relevant VTS:
    ********************** AV Details *******************
    file=X:\FullDisc\TITLE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB
    FormatName=mpeg
    Num_Frames=23677
    DurationInSecs=947
    Duration=00:15:47.1
    VideoCodec=mpeg2video
    VideoFFSTNum=0
    Width=720
    Height=576
    Standard=PAL
    BitRate=9069
    AudioStreamCount=4
    Audio1FFSTNum=1
    Audio1StreamID=[0x80]
    Audio1SampleRate=48000
    Audio1Codec=ac3
    Audio1BitRate=192
    Audio1Channels=2
    Audio2FFSTNum=2
    Audio2StreamID=[0x81]
    Audio2SampleRate=0
    Audio2Codec=ac3
    Audio2BitRate=0
    Audio2Channels=0
    Audio3FFSTNum=3
    Audio3StreamID=[0x82]
    Audio3SampleRate=0
    Audio3Codec=ac3
    Audio3BitRate=0
    Audio3Channels=0
    Audio4FFSTNum=4
    Audio4StreamID=[0x83]
    Audio4SampleRate=0
    Audio4Codec=ac3
    Audio4BitRate=0
    Audio4Channels=0
    ************************ END ************************
    20:03:40: FFmpeg version HEAD, Copyright (c) 2000-2004 Fabrice Bellard
    20:03:40: configuration: --enable-a52 --enable-gpl --enable-memalign-hack --disable-debug --enable-pthreads
    20:03:40: libavutil version: 49.0.0
    20:03:40: libavcodec version: 51.9.0
    20:03:40: libavformat version: 50.4.0
    20:03:40: built on Jun 20 2006 11:22:30, gcc: 3.4.4 (mingw special)
    20:03:40: Input #0, mpeg, from 'multi:X:\FullDisc\TITLE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_1.VOB*X:\ FullDisc\TITLE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_2.VOB*X:\FullDisc\T ITLE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01_3.VOB*X:\FullDisc\TITLE\VIDEO _TS\VTS_01_4.VOB*X:\FullDisc\TITLE\VIDEO_TS\VTS_01 _5.VOB*':
    20:03:40: Duration: 00:00:42.5, start: 0.336711, bitrate: 1002950 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.0[0x1e0], 25.00 fps(r): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, 5000 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1[0x80]: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 192 kb/s
    20:03:40: Assuming PAL for target.
    20:03:40: Output #0, dvd, to 'H:\VTS_01.mpg':
    20:03:40: Stream #0.0, 25.00 fps(c): Video: mpeg2video, yuv420p, 720x576, q=2-31, 5000 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1: Audio: ac3, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.2: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.3: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream #0.4: Audio: mp2, 48000 Hz, stereo, 448 kb/s
    20:03:40: Stream mapping:
    20:03:40: Stream #0.0 -> #0.0
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1 -> #0.1
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1 -> #0.2
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1 -> #0.3
    20:03:40: Stream #0.1 -> #0.4
    20:03:40: [mp2 @ 0068E248]bitrate 448 is not allowed in mp2
    20:03:40: Error while opening codec for output stream #0.2 - maybe incorrect parameters such as bit_rate, rate, width or height
    ********************** AV Details *******************

I can see that there's an error with the bitrate, any idea why?
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by drw2468
    hi all;

I have problems using any 2.x version of vob2mpg... the problem I have is that it converts to mpg, but, I get nothing but static for audio.

If I use the original v1.0 of vob2mpg, the resultant mpg file comes out fine [with perfect audio].

My only problem with v1.0 is that I keep getting exception errors concerning Values not being correct.

I noticed that v1.0 is dependent upon .NET v1.1 which I don't have installed at present time [I have v2.0 installed], so, I will install v1.1 of .NET and see if that clears up my Exception error in v1.0 of vob2mpg.

Could my v2.x problem [of vob2mpg] be actually a problem with ffmpeg instead?
    I have also trouble with version 2.5
    ffmpeg is crashing...
    v.1.0 is fine

bobbel
    Quote Quote  
  13. Hi all, I admit that I'm not an expert in video format and editing, but I've used VOB2MPG to edit an old personal video actually on a DVD.
    All works fine, but the target format is different that expected. I expect a 720x360(?) whilst I get about 350 as the horizontal size. Is that correct? Have I do somthing wrong? Could it produce a lost in final video quality respect the source?

Thanks a lot.

Bye
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I have a q? why would you convert vobs to mpg? in a dvd folder the videos file are mpeg2 anyway.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by mr nice
    I have a q? why would you convert vobs to mpg? in a dvd folder the videos file are mpeg2 anyway.
    I use Pinnacle Studio 9 for editing video files and it freeze when I try to use the VOB file simply renamed as MPG.
    As I know VOB files are not exactly as MPG files even if MPEG encoded, isn't?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by aramacciotti
    Hi all, I admit that I'm not an expert in video format and editing, but I've used VOB2MPG to edit an old personal video actually on a DVD.
    All works fine, but the target format is different that expected. I expect a 720x360(?) whilst I get about 350 as the horizontal size. Is that correct? Have I do somthing wrong? Could it produce a lost in final video quality respect the source?

Thanks a lot.

Bye
    Can you post your log file for this run please?
    Quote Quote  
  17. Here it is.

I would like you know that the tool has created 2 MPG files when the source VIDEO_TS folder contains 4 VOB files.
    Also, the bigger target file has a resolution of 375x576, whilst the smaller has the normal 720x576 format.

Thanks a lot for your time!

vob2mpg-20081128205955.txt
    Quote Quote  
  18. Wrong information, excuse me. The smaller one wasn't an output of VOB2MPG, but with other tool
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I now know what this program is about lol, I've looking for something like this program for a while and it's been here all the time. I needed to do a vob to mpeg2, other programs I tried would of taken a bit of messing with the setting and stuff. I just needed a program were you can push a button and it does it all for you, great stuff chrissey.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Chrissyboy,

Great job on your hard work to create these wonderful programs and your continued patience and dedication to try to answer everyone's question and solve their issues. I have one other conundrum I'd like you to take a look at...

I have successfully used VOB2MPG to convert literally hundreds of my DVDs to MPGs to play from my external HDD on my PS3. The results are spectacular and you should start a company with this program. However, there are some newer DVDs like Han**** and Step Brothers that are hanging within the program. It won't even finish or abort. I have go within Task Manager to end the process to get it to abort. There are also no progress bars showing at the bottom of the VOB2MPG screen as it usually does. I usually convert the movie to my computer's HDD with the latest version of DVDFab HD Decrypter and pinpoint the Movie Only in order to get it under 4GB with DVD Shrink splitting them in 1GB chunks. I've even tried cleaning up the VTS files with the latest version of FixVTS to no avail. I also tried ripping it again with RipIt4Me and DVD Decrypter with the same results.

I have successfully converted other files with VOB2MPG after these 2 movies didn't work so it's not an issue that requires a reinstallation. I just think there might be something inherently wrong with the VOBs. Is it possible that they've purposefully included some faulty, protective coding in them? Since the process didn't finish I don't think there are any logs I can post here. Do you have any suggestions?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I believe I found a solution to my question above...

To all who are having similar problems transferring your DVDs to MPGs because VOB2MPG seems to hang on the process without displaying any progress bars, listen up...

Take the affected file/folder into DVD Shrink and Reauthor it, truncating a portion of the beginning of the video so as not to cut out the essential parts. I remember on The Forgotten DVD that there was a beginning portion of the movie file that must have included some kind of copy protection whereby if you tried to transfer the movie in it's entirety, an error occurred. Similarly by cutting off a portion of the beginning of the movie, like the nonessential studio and/or distribution company logos and animation, you will be able to successfully create a file that VOB2MPG will recognize and convert without issue.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    VOB2MPG PRO - Beta testers required.... https://forum.videohelp.com/topic363600.html
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

First of all my compliments to the author of VOB2MPEG, ChrissyBoy, great job you ve done with your application!

I think I m in for your program but first want to let you know WHAT I want to do and if this is all possible with VOB2MPEG.

I use a program called XBMC as my video browser. Normally XBMC has it s own internal player and this internal player is compatible with all sorts of video. However, I want to use an external player (MPC-HC) for playback my video content. So someone of the XBMC community made a custom XBMC version with external player (MPC-HC) support. However, this patch for XBMC is not compatible with regular dvd content (a VIDEO_TS folder with included vob, ifo etc files). His version only supports single file video content like .mkv's, .wmv's, .mpg's etc.

Is VOB2MPEG my friend if I want to convert a VIDEO_TS folder to some kind of single file video file? I read something somewhere that VOB2MPEG isn t compatible with DTS. Is this correct?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Well v2.5 makes a single file of each titleset in a DVD. So you may get a file for the movie a file for the extras etc.

Correct: v2.5 doesn't support DTS

The new PRO version does - you are welcome to give it a go, just email me to get on the beta program.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by ChrissyBoy
    Well v2.5 makes a single file of each titleset in a DVD. So you may get a file for the movie a file for the extras etc.

Correct: v2.5 doesn't support DTS

The new PRO version does - you are welcome to give it a go, just email me to get on the beta program.
    this would be great. Maybe I can help you that way with your final version and see if I can track bugs for you?

I ll give you a PM
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

I was directed here from another forum. I'm having the 0kb file problem as well. I've just started converting the DVDs in my library, and about half of them don't convert. I'm ripping with DVDShrink 3.2. Here's the log:

Code:
    ************************ SYSTEM INFORMATION ************************

***************************** VOB2MPG *****************************

Name: VOB2MPG
    Title: 
    Version: 2.5.0.0
    Executable: C:\Program Files\BadgerIT\VOB2MPG\VOB2MPG.exe
    Executable size: 460 KB
    Executable size in bytes: 471040
    Executable CreationTime: 1/1/2000 12:00:00 AM
    Executable LastWriteTime: 1/1/2000 12:00:00 AM
    Executable LastAccessTime: 1/1/2000 12:00:00 AM
    ****************************** Drives *******************************

DeviceID: C:
    FileSystem: NTFS
    Size: 55.8 GB
    FreeSpace: 24.0 GB

********************* END OF SYSTEM INFORMATION ********************

********************** Input Folder *******************
    20:37:17:  Volume in drive C has no label.
    20:37:17:  Volume Serial Number is 0000-0000
    20:37:17:  Directory of C:\Documents and Settings\SOE\My Documents\My Videos\DVD Rips_Temp\Hostel\VIDEO_TS
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM    <DIR>          .
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM    <DIR>          ..
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM             6,144 VIDEO_TS.BUP
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM             6,144 VIDEO_TS.IFO
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM            63,488 VTS_01_0.BUP
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM            63,488 VTS_01_0.IFO
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:18 PM     1,073,739,776 VTS_01_1.VOB
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:22 PM     1,073,739,776 VTS_01_2.VOB
    20:37:17: 02/10/2009  07:24 PM       797,964,288 VTS_01_3.VOB
    20:37:17:                7 File(s)  2,945,583,104 bytes
    20:37:17:                2 Dir(s)  25,809,539,072 bytes free
    20:37:17: C:\Documents and Settings\SOE\My Documents\My Videos\DVD Rips_Temp\Hostel\VIDEO_TS>
    I wouldn't mind being a beta tester if you're still looking.
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to ChrissyBoy for all your hard work. It is nice having you be so diligent in helping the needy.

I am trying to download the CORRECT version of .NET Framework for Windows XP Home version. I don't know why it is confusing; but it seems to be.

On this website:
    http://www.softpedia.com/progDownload/Microsoft-NET-Framework-Service-Pack-Download-14524.html

I get the following choices with no explanation of which is for which OS:

External Mirror 1 - 2.0 SP2 86x [EXE]
    External Mirror 2 - 2.0 SP2 64x [EXE]
    External Mirror 3 - 2.0 SP2 IA64 [EXE]
    External Mirror 4 - 2.0 [EXE]
    External Mirror 5 - 1.1 [EXE]
    External Mirror 6 - 1.1 Service Pack 1 [EXE]

Which one should I download for XP Home with SP2?

Thank you,

Johnny
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    @Johnny27

Read below "Supported Systems" on VOB2MPEG's(ChrissBoy's)-Homepage:
    http://www.svcd2dvd.com/VOB2MPG/default.aspx

It says: "[...]Net Framework 2.0/3.0/3.5" So any of the above will do.
    Also try to find a link to any of the .NET-versions from Microsoft's homepage - that might be safer... and after installing the respective framework, run Windows Update since there are some patches/security-updates for them.

You'll find the link to the author's homepage of any tool in the "Tools"-section of videohelp.com by clicking "Download from author site", etc...

Read, people, read...!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote