VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4
1 2 3 ... LastLast
Thread
  1. For those of you who don't know, I have set up a page with the different ILO DVDR04/HD04 firmware files for download.

The site also includes 3-hour mode and Macrovision hacked versions for the DVDR04 model.

You can also find directions with screen captures on how to update the firmware for your ILO recorder using NERO Burning Rom version 6.6.

If you have any questions or suggestions, you can e-mail me from the site.

ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  2. It works! I just finished testing it on some old VHS tapes I can't get on DVD and so far, so good.

Thanks mucho.....
    Quote Quote  
  3. I have a Sanui VHS & DVD recorder I got last year. I was hoping Sansui would release some firmware updates but I guess that's not going to happen. The least little interference and it thinks it macro vision and stops recording. From what I have read and all the firmware updates from ILO I'm going to buy the ILO from Walmart.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Where's the Jan 5 firmware?????!!!
    I don't have a bad attitude...
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  5. I also thought there was suppose to be new firmware out Jan. 5th.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Do you mean official firmware or hacked?
    Quote Quote  
  7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Official. Right now I'm simply concerned with getting the thing to work reliably as advertized.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  8. Thanks Guitarman -- your firmware upgrade loaded quickly and works beautifully.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by leebo
    Official. Right now I'm simply concerned with getting the thing to work reliably as advertized.
    I ask because the firmware Guitarman is talking about is hacked. For the official versions you'd have to check the ILO website......
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Right. I neglected to mention I was talking about the HD model, he doesn't have a hacked firmware for that afaik.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  11. The HD04 does not have a hacked version yet.

The newest HD04 version that was suppose to be out on Jan. 5th has not come out yet, leaving the 1191 version the latest.

My site includes official and hacked versions of the R04 model, not just hacked.

On the HD04, note that the 1185 version is more reliable for timer recording and the 1191 is more reliable for editing. Most HD04 users are sticking with the 1185 version until the new version is out.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  12. Thanks Guitarman; I bought a ILO DVDR04 yesterday. I applied the hacked firmware and recorded in 3 hour mode. Works great so far. My Sansui couldn't backup this vhs because of errors that the Sansui saw as macrovision and would stop recording.
    Quote Quote  
  13. I've already backed up at least half a dozen VHS tapes without any problems....
    Quote Quote  
  14. To all,

The firmware download page has been updated to include the new Macrovision hacks for the HD04. I have posted both 1185 and 1191 versions and both have been tested. I have also changed the layout to include a page for each recorder to make it easier to find the firmware you are looking for.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Let us know when you have a firmware hacked to fix the bugs of the official firmware ; )
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  16. To all,

I have added a page to my firmware site with instructions on how to do the firmware update using Roxio EZ CD/DVD Creator 6. It has screen captures and step by step instructions using Creator Classic in Roxio 6.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  17. Guitarman-there's a link to your website on this article published yesterday

http://www.syracuse.com/news/poststandard/index.ssf?/base/news-1/1104918939312170.xml
    Quote Quote  
  18. Wow!!! We're famous!!
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  19. Posted regular and hacked version of the new HD04 firmware 1193 on the firmware download page.

No LP 3-hour mode.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM

The release notes dont mention the sound sync problem or the studdering playback/echo problem.

For iLo DVDRHD04 models only, the following firmware is ready to be downloaded from
    the iLo website (www.ilohelp.com). This latest version of firmware (193 patch 1)
    provides these product enhancements:
    • Facilitates a “Ready” state feature that enables a Power OFF / Power ON
    sequence to unlock units that intermittently “freeze” up. This firmware
    enhancement replaces the older process of having to unplug the unit from the
    power source; then plug the unit back in.
    • Provides an automatic “housekeeping” function for cleaning up the last recorded
    session prior to an unexpected power failure (i.e., environmental outage, plug
    unexpectedly pulled).
    • Enables the merging of multiple sessions and allows user defined “chapters” to
    be created within the merged file. These merged sessions must be of identical
    recording modes (i.e., HQ to HQ). Users can also drop “chapter” marks into their
    separate recording sessions.
    • Supports recording sessions to 8cm (smaller) DVD discs. Regular DVD discs
    are 12cm.
    • Initiates Timer Recording sessions at one (1) minute after Midnight when the
    timer is set to 00:00:00.
    • Resets the default system date and time to 1/1/2005 and 00:00:00. The correct
    date and time will need to be set for accurate Timer Record sessions.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  21. Guitarman: Thank you for all of your work and attention to creating the hacks for the ILO's. I appreciate it as well as many others here. Thanks for your dedication.

**I have a question however: The macrovision hack for the HD04 does not allow the "copy from dvd to hard drive" When you put a dvd movie in the ILO's dvd drive to copy to the harddrive it will not copy it, it keeps saying change disk. Does the macrovison hack only let you copy from another dvd player hooked up to the ilo or was it meant to do both? I tried after applying the fix to copy from the ilos dvd drive to the ilo hard drive but it wont allow me. Any input would be helpfull Thanks!
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I especially love this part:

"." Supports recording sessions to 8cm (smaller) DVD discs. Regular DVD discs
    are 12cm".

So we don't know if any problems were fixed, but all the people who were crying for 8cm discs will rejoice.

Come on, 8cm people, rejoice!
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by carter2004
    Guitarman: Thank you for all of your work and attention to creating the hacks for the ILO's. I appreciate it as well as many others here. Thanks for your dedication.

**I have a question however: The macrovision hack for the HD04 does not allow the "copy from dvd to hard drive" When you put a dvd movie in the ILO's dvd drive to copy to the harddrive it will not copy it, it keeps saying change disk. Does the macrovison hack only let you copy from another dvd player hooked up to the ilo or was it meant to do both? I tried after applying the fix to copy from the ilos dvd drive to the ilo hard drive but it wont allow me. Any input would be helpfull Thanks!
    This is a problem with the recording format of the disc you are trying to copy and is not a macrovision problem. As I understand it, the HD04 will only copy DVD's IT has burned to the hard drive. It might copy other DVD's burned in +VR mode on another brand machine, but I'm not sure.
    Proud Member of the Unofficial LiteOn/iLO Beta Testers Club.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Harpmaker
    It might copy other DVD's burned in +VR mode on another brand machine, but I'm not sure.
    I have confirmed this recording +RW's on a Sony VC10, placing them in the ILO, and sucessfully copying them to the HD.
    Life has a bad attitude!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Originally Posted by leebo
    For iLo DVDRHD04 models only, the following firmware is ready to be downloaded from
    the iLo website (www.ilohelp.com). This latest version of firmware (193 patch 1)
    provides these product enhancements:
    • Initiates Timer Recording sessions at one (1) minute after Midnight when the timer is set to 00:00:00.
    Why is this a feature?
    Quote Quote  
  26. Is anybody using the new 1193 firmware for the DVDRHD04? I had to go back to 1185 (from 1191) because of the freezing on bootup. On a timer record, this makes the unit completely unreliable and useless. I've had no freezing problems since I went back to 1185, but the first time I tried to split a recording on the hard disk it locked up, completely trashing the recording (just as advertised on Guitarman's site). And of course the audio glitch on HD playback is back. It's starting to look like a perpetual cause-and-effect bug nightmare...

The tech bulletin says " Facilitates a “Ready” state feature that enables a Power OFF / Power ON
    sequence to unlock units that intermittently “freeze” up. This firmware
    enhancement replaces the older process of having to unplug the unit from the
    power source; then plug the unit back in. " ...but does this mean the firmware will detect a frozen boot-up and initiate the off-on sequence automatically? Or does it just mean you don't have to unplug the unit anymore? If it's the latter, then they haven't fixed anything--just a workaround. When I experienced freezing on bootup (with 1191--I discovered it the next morning after I tried to timer record a program) I was able to turn the unit off and on again with the remote without having to unplug it.

Hope to hear from anyone using the new 1193 firmware.
    Quote Quote  
  27. The ILO Firmware Download Page has been updated with new hacked firmware for MV/RF/LP (Macrovision,Region Free,3-Hour mode). I have hacked versions 1185, 1191 and 1193.

Thanks to Mr. Wizard on the Techolio forums for the hack.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  28. I know this is a dumb question but....I haven't done any firmware updates before. Do you have to run each of them (from oldest to newest) or just run the latest firmware patch? Thanks.
    Quote Quote  
  29. greenacres,

You only need to run the latest if it is a system/drive update. If it is just a system update, you will want to load the last available system/drive update so you get the advantages of the new drive firmware before loading the new system update.

So far, the latset firmware for both the R04 and the HD04 are system/drive updates so there is no need to use anything prior.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  30. Thanks!!! That worked perfectly!!!
    Quote Quote