VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. any news on a firmware update for the HD04 for the Green tint issue? It isn't a huge issue for me, but it is a bit annoying.
    Quote Quote  
  2. None yet, but with the supposed fix out for the R04, it shouldn't be too long. They are supposed to be fixing the CD playback issue also with the next update.
    Guitarman
    ILO DVDR04/HD04 Firmware Download Page

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  3. thanks for the quick reply..i'll be checking your site for any firmware updates.. thx!
    Quote Quote  
  4. I tried adding the hack to my gateway, and the program was successful, but the gateway wouldn't read the cdr. I tried two different brand of cdr's and finalized them with nero with the hacked version and no luck. I also tried with the unhacked version with the same results. I have the original 1139 on it now, never upgraded.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Guitarman

Thanks for your advice and help.

I now have an Ilo DVDHDo4. OCT. 04 mfg. Firmware 1185. I have not had the problems reported by other users. While I have as yet, not used it extensively, it seems to be working fine. The disks that I've created look, in my opinion, great [color and all]. Some disks are not accepted [copy protection?] I have not at this time upgraded the firmware, hacked or otherwise. For DVD using another DVD player seem to solve the problem. At least for now. Protected VHS, like Apollo 13, [Mine] is another thing.
    I would assume that the hacked firmware would take care of both.
    Your response on firmware upgrades would indicate that the firmware is a system upgrade and that any changes would override a previous one. On your Webb site there is an indication that if using 1193b you might want to install 1193a first to make use of its advantages. I would have assumed that 1193b would override any previous firmware. I am mostly concerned with Copy protection and the accuracy of the timer. Any suggestions
    Quote Quote  
  6. LCSHG,

1193RevA is both a system and drive update. You would use that one just to get the drive update and then update with 1193RevB hacked, which will over-write just the system from RevA. Keep in mind that when applying the RevA file, it does not need to be the hacked version since it will be over-written by the hacked version of RevB.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Great Post!!!
    Quote Quote  
  8. i just update my bro's HD04 with the latest firmware from ilohelp.com dated on the 7th of march...his HD04 was made in october of last year too.only had it 3 days though.

this a few of the problems he had on his system before the update.

1.slowish speed on the menus not apparent until after the update you realize how fast it has improved very nice excellent speed increase.

2.when trying to copy a DVD to HDD the system would stay at the reading the disc.. this problem is now gone in about 10 sec's it will copy it or it will reject it. again this is great to see this working without problems.EDIT it will only copy a dvd that was made on the HD04 with the correct recording mode otherwise it will say change disc.

3.when \the power goes out or its unplugged it would just turn off. now if its unplugged the next time you turn the HD04 it would do a scan disk like utility.

4.stopping and recoding was kinda of slow.. now its almost instant after the 1193s firmware update.

i urge everyone to apply the latest firmware at ilohelp.com it improves upon a great concept that will only get better if ilo updates the firmware regularly i too would like to see a 3 hour record mode..
    Quote Quote  
  9. Originally Posted by kenmasters83
    i just update my bro's HD04 with the latest firmware from ilohelp.com dated on the 7th of march...his HD04 was made in october of last year too.only had it 3 days though.

this a few of the problems he had on his system before the update.

1.slowish speed on the menus not apparent until after the update you realize how fast it has improved very nice excellent speed increase.

2.when trying to copy a DVD to HDD the system would stay at the reading the disc.. this problem is now gone in about 10 sec's it will copy it or it will reject it. again this is great to see this working without problems.EDIT it will only copy a dvd that was made on the HD04 with the correct recording mode otherwise it will say change disc.

3.when \the power goes out or its unplugged it would just turn off. now if its unplugged the next time you turn the HD04 it would do a scan disk like utility.

4.stopping and recoding was kinda of slow.. now its almost instant after the 1193s firmware update.

i urge everyone to apply the latest firmware at ilohelp.com it improves upon a great concept that will only get better if ilo updates the firmware regularly i too would like to see a 3 hour record mode..
    I replied to your PM.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  10. forgive me if this sounds stupid but does the 3 hour mode have a better bitrate than the 4 hour mode or is it the same only with the 3 hour option??
    Quote Quote  
  11. Guitarman

Over the weekend I just went forward
    Downloaded 1185 than Hacked 1185 with Smart 1.5. Did the same with 1193a and hacked 1193 b, Installed 1193a than the hacked 1193b. [Hey I did something right] I lost CD audio and the unit locked up on eject and some other functions. I don’t believe the problem was with the download or the unit but with my installation procedure. I wanted the CD audio and went back to the 1185 and than the hacked 1185.I noticed some changes in the system, nothing big. Is this because the 1193a is a drive upgrade. The 1185 works OK for me. Should I go with the 1193a and hacked 1193b? I’ve used this unit quite a bit I’ve burned about 30 disks with not one failure. The disks are Wal Mart. purchased Maxwell DVD + R. I did learn that if you want to use the disks in other units you have to finalize and don’t finalize before you edit. [READ THE MANUAL]. I’ve used them in the Ilo also Apex, Go Video, Cyberhome. The hack is outstanding and works great. The VHS tape Apollo 13, as are some others, is a MV nightmare. I never got a decent copy with a lot of expensive equipment. With this unit and the Hack I got a perfect copy. I’ve not had the problems that have been mentioned but I’m still new at this. While any unit can have its problems I feel that the greatest problems are operator error.

Thanks, You and your site have been a big help
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by LCSHG
    Guitarman

Over the weekend I just went forward
    Downloaded 1185 than Hacked 1185 with Smart 1.5. Did the same with 1193a and hacked 1193 b, Installed 1193a than the hacked 1193b. [Hey I did something right] I lost CD audio and the unit locked up on eject and some other functions. I don’t believe the problem was with the download or the unit but with my installation procedure. I wanted the CD audio and went back to the 1185 and than the hacked 1185.I noticed some changes in the system, nothing big. Is this because the 1193a is a drive upgrade. The 1185 works OK for me. Should I go with the 1193a and hacked 1193b? I’ve used this unit quite a bit I’ve burned about 30 disks with not one failure. The disks are Wal Mart. purchased Maxwell DVD + R. I did learn that if you want to use the disks in other units you have to finalize and don’t finalize before you edit. [READ THE MANUAL]. I’ve used them in the Ilo also Apex, Go Video, Cyberhome. The hack is outstanding and works great. The VHS tape Apollo 13, as are some others, is a MV nightmare. I never got a decent copy with a lot of expensive equipment. With this unit and the Hack I got a perfect copy. I’ve not had the problems that have been mentioned but I’m still new at this. While any unit can have its problems I feel that the greatest problems are operator error.

Thanks, You and your site have been a big help
    The 1185 was sluggish with the FF/REW functions and also would frequently freeze while using the split edit function which would render the recording unreadable.

You are right in that they broke the CD playback with 1193 but 1193 did fix the splitting error, FF/REW and (with 1193B) the inability to play ARCCOS protected discs. The update that is suppose to be released within the next few days is suppose to fix the CD playback error and the green tint problem.

Just for reference, 1193RevA is a system and drive update. 1193RevB is just a system update (to fix ARCCOS). This is why you want to install 1193A first, to get the advantage of the drive part of the update.

If you do not play back that many CD's on the ILO, I would do the 1193A+B updates since it makes the recorder more stable.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by kenmasters83
    forgive me if this sounds stupid but does the 3 hour mode have a better bitrate than the 4 hour mode or is it the same only with the 3 hour option??
    The bitrate for LP mode is around 3.5 where EP is around 2.7. They are both 352 x 480 pixels MPEG2 (Called Half-D1) where HQ and SP are 720 x 480 pixels MPEG2 (Called Full-D1)
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  14. Guitarman,

Upgraded to 1193a, than used hacked 1193b. Works fine. This time I did it the correct way. The HD04 is OK and seems to be working fine Like I said operator error. So far I find the use of the ilo a lot easier for general work than a PC. No capture card etc. I tried to hard ball the ilo tech. dept over a code and the sat receiver controlling the HD04. They would not give me a code and said it can’t be done. They out hard balled me. They do a good job, much better than most. With my equipment I did work out a system that works for me, until I find a way to get the sat receiver to operate the ilo. It might for others with modifications. I need to work out a few kinks. And post it if anyone is interested.
    Quote Quote  
  15. By the way I find that the LP 3 hr mode seems better than SP when copying a VHS tape to DVD. I think it is because the 352 x 480 pixels are closer to the VHS pixels than 720 x 480 that gives the DVD a flater look. ?????????
    Quote Quote  
  16. To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1194 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
    Version: 1194
    Filename: WMJA1194.DS3
    Type: System Only (if you haven't update previously to 1193RevA, do so!!!)
    Fixes: Green Tint Problem, Playback of Audio CD's

I have also done a lot of changes to the site. The only firmware files on the main recorder pages are those that are needed to bring the recorders up to the latest updates. Each page will have the last available system & drive update and the latest system only update. This is to help relieve some of the confusion as to what updates to run. I have moved the older updates to a seperate page linked off of the main recorder pages.

I also made the Home page a little more simple, moving a lot of the links to other new pages. Mr. Wizard's Smart Hacking Tool is still linked on the Home page.

I have added a link to the new ILO Firmware Update Instructions on Home page and each of the recorder pages. READ IT!!! It will save you a lot of problems and make your upgrade go more smooth.

I hope you like the new changes to the site. If there are any questions or ideas, you know where to find me!!!

Enjoy the new HD04 update. It works!!
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  17. To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1195 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
    Version: 1195
    Filename: WMJA1195.D22
    Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
    Fixes: Unknown

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  18. To All 5045 users

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new 5045 197 (US) and 196 (EU & UK) firmware update. They are all hacked versions.

To get to them, go to the main page and click on "Other Helpful Information and Links" to get to the 5045 download page.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  19. I recently (within 4 days now) got an ILO HD04 DVD player/recorder with hard drive, and I updated with the latest firmware (1195). I am going to apply the hacked also, but I wanted to ask something first. What does the Nero and the Standard do? Should I also put them on the same CDR as the hacked firmware for the system? This might be a dumb question I am asking, but I am TOTALLY new at this ILO, and I want to make sure I don't hurt it.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    Quote Quote  
  20. Originally Posted by JimmySara
    I recently (within 4 days now) got an ILO HD04 DVD player/recorder with hard drive, and I updated with the latest firmware (1195). I am going to apply the hacked also, but I wanted to ask something first. What does the Nero and the Standard do? Should I also put them on the same CDR as the hacked firmware for the system? This might be a dumb question I am asking, but I am TOTALLY new at this ILO, and I want to make sure I don't hurt it.
    Thanks so much for your help!
    The steps to upgrade the firmware in the ILO, is a 3 step process.

1. Download the firmware from Guitarmans site. Either the hacked or un-hacked versions. They will both have the same name.

2. Transfer the firmware to a blank CD using Nero, or if you have Windows XP, you can use that to write the firmware to the CD. The CD can only have the 1 file. This file name must be "WMJA1195.D22".

3. Put the CD into the ILO and when the ILO starts reading the disc, it will see this special file name, and will ask if you want to update your machine to this new firmware. Respond with yes and wait until the machine ejects the CD before touching any buttons on the machine.

Note: If you transfer a hacked firmware file onto a CD with an un-hacked file already on the CD, the operating system will say "A file with that name already exists. Do you want to overwrite?" If you say yes, and the CD has not been finalized, the original file will be deleted and the new file will be written to the CD. If the disc was previously finalized, you will need to write the file to a brand new CD.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Guitarman
    To All 5045 users

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new 5045 197 (US) and 196 (EU & UK) firmware update. They are all hacked versions.

To get to them, go to the main page and click on "Other Helpful Information and Links" to get to the 5045 download page.
    Welldone! How do you find your Magnox DVR?
    Sam Ontario
    Quote Quote  
  22. For some reason, I could not properly download the hacked firmware from Guitarman's site so I downloaded the official firmware from the ILO site. I then hacked that firmware with the ILO / LiteOn SMART Firmware Hacker provided on the Guitarman site, loaded it into my ILO DVDR04 (I got for less tha $90 shipped on eBay), and it works like a charm!

Thanks Guitarman!
    Quote Quote  
  23. Originally Posted by Guitarman
    To All

I have update the ILO Firmware Download Page to include the new HD04 1195 firmware update. It is available both hacked and unhacked. There are also CD images for the hacked version in both Nero (.nrg) and Standard (.iso) formats.

Update Info:
    Version: 1195
    Filename: WMJA1195.D22
    Type: Drive & System Only (No earlier updates needed)
    Fixes: Unknown

NOTE: This is a Drive & System update. No other update is needed along with this one.
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm sorry I quoted Guitarman on one reply, I just hit the wrong button to put my question on before I submitted.

OK, here is my question. I updated to the 1195 firmware (official from the ILO site for the HD04) before I even set up the system because I had heard (or read) about people having problems before, but once they updated the firmware it works great. Sence I have already put on the unhacked version, is it OK to put on the hacked version, or will it cause problems? I also read not to put more than one hacked version on the ILO HD04, but what about when they have a new firmware? Will it be OK to put more than one on if it is the updated version?

Thanks so much for your help!!
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Haven't seen this mentioned, I downloaded the latest Lite-on 5005 firmware from official site, ran guitarman hack prog to create a new version and burned to CDR. Anyway it worked in the end but I had to try the power off/on 3 times before the machine saw it as an upgrade file. I thought I'd done something wrong but on the third attempt it worked as advertised. Weird.

Anyway, great to have the 3 hour capability, 3.5 is a decent bitrate. The macrovision doesn't bother me, though on principle I like to have it disabled!
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by Sam Ontario
    Originally Posted by Guitarman
    To All 5045 users

Welldone! How do you find your Magnox DVR?
    Sam Ontario,

I love it. It is offered through Charter Cable in my area. I do most of my DVR recording from HD channels and then copy them to the DVD recorder. I end up with a pristine DVD copy.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
  27. Originally Posted by JimmySara
    I'm sorry I quoted Guitarman on one reply, I just hit the wrong button to put my question on before I submitted.

OK, here is my question. I updated to the 1195 firmware (official from the ILO site for the HD04) before I even set up the system because I had heard (or read) about people having problems before, but once they updated the firmware it works great. Sence I have already put on the unhacked version, is it OK to put on the hacked version, or will it cause problems? I also read not to put more than one hacked version on the ILO HD04, but what about when they have a new firmware? Will it be OK to put more than one on if it is the updated version?

Thanks so much for your help!!
    JimmySara,

When you install new firmware, it over-writes the firmware in the recorder. You can install any firmware version at any time, as many times as you choose without any problems.
    Guitarman

ILO DVDRHD04
    Pioneer DVR-420H-S
    Magnavox MOXI DVR
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I just bought the New Model ilo 05 (secretly made by cyberhome) last nite 05/28/05 and although it is really no better than the 04 especially a fully hacked 04, still I am VERY PLEASED to announce that it is in no way significantly inferior to the LEGENDARY 04, except that there is NO COOLING FAN, which I suspect could cause a lot of locked up machines someday. It has a terrific Graphical User Interface. Once I hooked the 05 up to the SIMA "GO DVD" CT-2, I was able to copy commercial VHS tapes with NO SWEAT whatsoever. BUT PLEASE GUiTARMAN, write us a NICE HACK for the new ilo 05, so we can make the 05 the new "ICON" of DVD RECORDERS..... Donald, Charleston SC
    Donald Miller eMail me at cprompt100@yahoo.com
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by cprompt
    I just bought the New Model ilo 05 (secretly made by cyberhome) last nite 05/28/05 and although it is really no better than the 04 especially a fully hacked 04, still I am VERY PLEASED to announce that it is in no way significantly inferior to the LEGENDARY 04, except that there is NO COOLING FAN, which I suspect could cause a lot of locked up machines someday. It has a terrific Graphical User Interface. Once I hooked the 05 up to the SIMA "GO DVD" CT-2, I was able to copy commercial VHS tapes with NO SWEAT whatsoever. BUT PLEASE GUiTARMAN, write us a NICE HACK for the new ilo 05, so we can make the 05 the new "ICON" of DVD RECORDERS..... Donald, Charleston SC
    a couple questions, are the front inputs of high quality? on the 04, they left an audio hum when you recorded from the front a/v inputs, have you noticed that? Also is it a mono tuner?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello solidsnake!!! and thank you for your response to my post. To answer you question, no I haven't used the front inputs yet on the ilo 05 model.. I would assume that they should no diffeent than the Rear "Video 1" input, but since rarely use the front inputs on any of my machines, I am probably not the right one to ask. To answer you 2nd question, the ilo 05 seems to have pretty good support for the Co-Axial connection. When you run the setup routine the machine tries to scan for 125 channels. So evidently it seems to have a built in RF-Tuner which I think is a heck of nice thing to have for such an inexpensive DVD recorder. I believe that once Gutairman writes a hack for the ilo 05, that this machine will ZOOM in popularity.. Donald -Charleston -South Carolina
    Donald Miller eMail me at cprompt100@yahoo.com
    Quote Quote