VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have this unit set up about a foot away from my TV. I can't put it any farther because of cable length issues, and I don't feel like going out and spending around 30 or 40 dollars for a long s-video cable.

The problem is, I notice interference on a few channels whenever this unit is turned on. I don't have cable, so I get my signal through antenna. The antenna is a good 5-6 feet away from the liteon, so is there any explanation/fix for this?

As soon as the unit is turned off, the interference goes away.

Edit: The interference (noise in the picture) does not show up in the recording, only on the tv, and only on certain channels.
    -Yar, matey!-
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you see wavy lines going up and down the screen?

Where did you place the DVD Recoreder near?
    TV
    Digital Stereo Surround Receiver
    VCR
    CD
    DVD Player
    What's near it?
    Best Regards,

Tipstir
    MediaMVP Supporter
    Quote Quote  
  3. I'm using a high-end Monster s-video cable, but it does the same thing with a standard yellow analog cable. The recorder is next to the tv (to the left) and the antenna is to the right of the TV. The whole set (tv dvd antenna) is on top of a sound system (stereo, cassette, cd, radio) but those are turned off.

*Also a correction from before, the interference is NOT recorded by the dvd recorder. It only appears on the tv while the unit is on, and only on certain channels*
    -Yar, matey!-
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    1. To track down the problem remove each components to see where the interference is coming from?

2. Do you have anything grounded? You could run a thin black wire attach it to the back of the Liteon with screw and then down to the splitter is should have a grounding screw. Connect another wire from there to metal frame with wire clip to see if that fixes the problem.
    Best Regards,

Tipstir
    MediaMVP Supporter
    Quote Quote