VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4
FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by Nobody@home
    Monstercaper - I used the Open DVD file on hard disk drive and directed the search to the DVD drive, then set cursor on the Video_TS directory and played the RE2 just fine. That might do it for you.
    that's just it...i can do all the things you guys are telling me on any other discs but the re2 or I robot....I am after running all kinds of tests checked all my configurations again but there is nothing incorrect with my system...these discs will simply not be read on my compter...I have noticed that when I place the RE2 disc in my dvd rom drive it changes the name of the drive to CD Rom not DVD...(does this sound normal??? I have never seen that before) I have 2 friends that have purchaced the RE2 DVD as well (at different locations) and they cannot view them on their computer either!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nobody@home
    Monstercaper - I used the Open DVD file on hard disk drive and directed the search to the DVD drive, then set cursor on the Video_TS directory and played the RE2 just fine. That might do it for you.

ohhhhh boy .......
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I am starting to pull my hair out...this really has me stumped!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  4. Sorry bout your problem Monstercaper. I would be stomped by now too. I would double check the firmware on the make/model of the DVD player/ Burner. I've had a problem before where the Blank DVD media information couldn't be detected/read because of firmware. Also some resident program like your Anti-Virus can be disabled. There are alot of possible conflicts that's affecting your PowerDVD or Media Player playback but it's not going to be easy to isolate it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. thanks...for all the help it was much appreciated...
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    I'm only hanging around to see if my suggestion for loading the files properly with PowerDVD actually works .... who knows, maybe Nobody@home might try it as well, just to prove me wrong ...
    So ..... I guess that means you concede the point ???

... and now YOU'RE talking about firmware ?

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. jimmalenko I tried your way as well...i already done it myself but i did it again with PowerDVD 6 to see if there was any difference but still no...thanks anyway...So is it normal for a DVD-RAM to rename itself to CD Drive with a DVD in it...I have never seen that before?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by monstercaper
    jimmalenko I tried your way as well...i already done it myself but i did it again with PowerDVD 6 to see if there was any difference but still no...thanks anyway...So is it normal for a DVD-RAM to rename itself to CD Drive with a DVD in it...I have never seen that before?
    I seem to recall that that is a problem with WinXP.

IIRC, either SP1 and/or SP2 had a fix for it though.

What Service Pack are you running ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. You know Jim, if you want to see or imagine I conceded a point go ahead cause you lost me there. I've only said I experienced identical problems with Monstercaper. While all of you and you sidekick from down under haven't ran into the problem of RE2, can still speak with authority? No wonder some people are finding this thread humorous.....I would agree to that point. LIke the story of the Firmware, it cause my DVD not to read the DVD blank media such as CMC, LeadData, Riteks. But then we shouldn't think of possiblities but go on speculating ? You got alot of balls JimBo.
    Quote Quote  
  10. I am running Service Pack 1 as I did have Service Pack 2 but it screwed with alot of my systems so I had to resort back to Pack 1...I was given assistance by the MIS Dept at my job.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @monstercaper:
    My initial reaction was that it was a bug in the original release of XP and that SP1a fixed it. It might be an idea to do a Windows Update.

@Nobody@home:
    You still don't get it, do you ?

You know Jim, if you want to see or imagine I conceded a point go ahead cause you lost me there.
    The method I posted worked for you

While all of you and you sidekick from down under haven't ran into the problem of RE2, can still speak with authority?
    Experience is important, but knowledge ie. knowing how to use your software properly goes a long way as well

LIke the story of the Firmware, it cause my DVD not to read the DVD blank media such as CMC, LeadData, Riteks.
    DVD blank media ... is for burning onto. Last time I checked this was a commercially-pressed DVD, so I don't know where you're going with that. It makes no difference to the way a commercially-pressed DVD is read.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  12. That is correct jimmalenko I am not trying to burn the disc but to view an original copy...If I have to put it on my hard drive to see it, I don't have a problem with that but my system has to recognize it is there first...
    Quote Quote  
  13. Just finished checking and my windows is completely updated with the exception of service pack 2.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Your drive cannot read these discs. Sort of like at a hospital, let's quit with the paddles and just call the time of death and get it over with. Bury it.

Get a DVD-ROM, don't try to use a RAM/burner to watch with. Reader lasers in burners are NOTORIOUS for being inferior. The end. Sometimes the simple answer, however unpopular, is the correct one.

This new "Arccoss" or whatever it is just screws with your burner. Sorry. Go complain to the MPAA and Sony for their evil ways.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  15. I think your right lordsmurf...I may have to just go out and buy a regular DVD-ROM and see if that works....I just want to thank everyone for all the assistance although it just didn't work out for me....THANKS AGAIN!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Just finished checking and my windows is completely updated with the exception of service pack 2.
    OK then. Let's take stock of what we can rule out (correct me if I'm wrong with anything):

XP is up to date.
    DVDDecrypter (newest version) does not work (details on how to do it here).
    DVDDecrypter with a PSL list doesn't work (details on how to do it here).
    AnyDVD (newest version) does not work (details on how to do it here).
    VOBBlanker doing a straight copy does not work (details on how to do it here).

Is there anything I've missed ?

EDIT: I assumed since monstercaper has two friends with the same problems that they would have tried all these methods on all of their computers. A DVD-ROM might help (and I'd be interested to see the results), which comes back (technically) to the burner being at fault.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. only DVD Shrink was missing I believe...And I have tried them all with no success on these discs...they work on all my other DVDs just fine though.
    Quote Quote  
  18. well i will have to wait till i get to a DVD-ROM to find out if it will work for me....thanks for all the advice jimmalenko...it was greatly appreciated
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    well i will have to wait till i get to a DVD-ROM to find out if it will work for me....thanks for all the advice jimmalenko...it was greatly appreciated
    Thank you for sticking with us - sorry about the sideshow along the way
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    when I open up to find the drive with the disc in it all I can see is:

[D:\]
    [E:\]
    Open DVD file on hard disk drive
    Open media files

there is nothing listed next to either drive...the E:\ is my DVD drive...what you see there is what I see???
    That's the way it should be-select the drive that its in -E:
    and click on play-this should open the disk in disk mode.

If this fails go back to cmd.exe type in dir E:
    and tell us what message you get.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I'm only hanging around to see if my suggestion for loading the files properly with PowerDVD actually works .... who knows, maybe Nobody@home might try it as well, just to prove me wrong ...
    So ..... I guess that means you concede the point ???

... and now YOU'RE talking about firmware ?

AAAAAAAAAARGH!!!!

What did I said?

Let'em read freakin man pages of the software first LOL
    Quote Quote  
  22. Originally Posted by trolltuning
    when I open up to find the drive with the disc in it all I can see is:

[D:\]
    [E:\]
    Open DVD file on hard disk drive
    Open media files

there is nothing listed next to either drive...the E:\ is my DVD drive...what you see there is what I see???
    That's the way it should be-select the drive that its in -E:
    and click on play-this should open the disk in disk mode.

If this fails go back to cmd.exe type in dir E:
    and tell us what message you get.
    The E: drive is selected with a check mark by it...and it tells me that there is no disc in the drive...when I do the "cmd" it does not see the disc either.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was having the same problem where I could not even watch a movie from my pc. I noticed that the drive did not even recognize that the disc was even in the drive. I found out that there was a new firmware for my drive. I installed the new firmware and now my drive recognizes the disc in the drive.

Dznytoy
    Quote Quote  
  24. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Its just a incapatible disc for your dvd drive,i've had the same problem with dvd's that couldnt be read,got another copy of the same dvd and it could be read.both played in home dvd players so nothing you can do about it,plain and simple.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.
    Quote Quote