VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Try this ...

Open PowerDVD using the shortcut on your desktop, or by using the shortcut in your start menu.

Now look for this button:

click on it, and go to your DVD Drive:

See if it loads.

Alternatively, try loading using the "Open DVD on hard disk drive" method instead:

and then select the VIDEO_TS folder on your DVD Drive:

... and report back here what outcomes you get.
    I tried it all on my disc and nothing shows up at all...it is just like there is not a disc in it at all....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yes, Monstercaper, I had been using that as well - with no luck.

Interesting, isn't it?
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by monstercaper
    so how do i go about copying it??? i have not done anything like that before??? No matter what program I use the Resident Evil Apocalypse disc will not read on my computer.
    here or here
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey i thought this place was a place for help not insults!!! If I knew what I was doing would I have asked the question in the first place???
    Monster, nobody here means to insult you. If you took a look at the moron who has comandeered this thread, you'd see not only who we're hanging shit on, but that he thoroughly deserves it.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    Hey i thought this place was a place for help not insults!!! If I knew what I was doing would I have asked the question in the first place???
    Monster, nobody here means to insult you. If you took a look at the moron who has comandeered this thread, you'd see not only who we're hanging shit on, but that he thoroughly deserves it.
    I was going to say something similar

There's been nothing directed at you, monstercaper
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Originally Posted by Nilfennasion
    I was going to say something similar

There's been nothing directed at you, monstercaper
    Here comes the trifecta....

The insults were directed at Nobody@home. He refused to read what you were saying.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Install WinDVD. Free trial.

Also, if NONE OF THE DISCS you have can be read, are you sure you have a DVD drive and not a CD drive on the computer?
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    A very similar thing happened to me today. I was trying to watch Spiderman 2 and my multimedia computer (OK my 4 year old Pentium III) would run through the disc, but the DVD player (Power DVD) did not start. The disc worked just fine in my new computer, but I needed that for real work.

It turned out that for some reason my cheap anti-virus software was the cause of the hang. I disabled it and the disc worked just fine. Anti-virus programs are wonderful things, but they often look for problems when there just aren't any to find.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Insults are OK.....I might have been off a bit.... "The insults were directed at Nobody@home. He refused to read what you were saying.
    " From what I understood Monster was saying that he played his DVD's fine on standalone DVD players, so what was causing his DVD to have problems being Played on his PC and also why he can't see the files. I was only directing him to areas covering RE2 which he said on his follow up comments about his intent to create backups from them. I agreed my PowerDVD had problems too. While after reading threads relating to RE2, it appeared other people had similar problems and they were able to create backups using VobBlanker in combination with DVDShrink or other programs. Now how can you constantly nag about me when I was agreeing to having identical problems and creating a backup was doable? While all the same time, some of you commmenting have't even tried or have that disc to verify? Give me a Break! WoW. I need a fly swatter. And Monster, follow the link Jim gave you.....and test out the VobBlanker. You might have problems seeing the Vob's on the disc, but maybe with VobBlanker, you'll be able to see the disc properly as you direct the program to the DVD drive. Also read a thread where PowerDVD ver 6 also had problems as well as ver 5 in playing back RE2. And the protection scheme did not come on the disc I Robot either......the Sony ARccOS protection feature. What's the release date of RE2 for Region 4? Just wondering if the new scheme will be pressed on that DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    so how do i go about copying it??? i have not done anything like that before??? No matter what program I use the Resident Evil Apocalypse disc will not read on my computer.
    Place an empty folder on your hard drive example C:\newDVD
    Click start,then run, type in cmd and press enter
    Type the following:

xcopy [insert drive letter] example D: (space) [insert dest path], [add parameters]

example:

xcopy D: C:\newDVD /E/V/H

After about 20 minutes at most it should be on your hard drive. If it has
    macrovision protection you will need to open the folder with Smart Ripper or a similar program.
    Now you should at least be able to view it and possibly back it up to disk with whatever method you're used to.
    Quote Quote  
  11. ummm...what is macrovision??? I am not that computer savy so to me doing this kind of thing is scary....when I tried the cmd line it would not recognize the command and everytime i tried to access the E: drive it would not let me with the disc in...I am using Windows XP would that make a difference as it often tells me that i cannot run an msdos subsystem on my computer when trying to install programs. It seems to me that the movie company is being very unfair to those of us who are purchasing their products and want to watch them on our computers...I thought that DVD's in Canada were supposed to work with all region 1 dvd players well my DVD rom is a region 1 player and it will not work with these movies. This is very frustrating.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Originally Posted by trolltuning
    Place an empty folder on your hard drive example C:\newDVD
    Click start,then run, type in cmd and press enter
    Type the following:

xcopy [insert drive letter] example D: (space) [insert dest path], [add parameters]

example:

xcopy D: C:\newDVD /E/V/H

After about 20 minutes at most it should be on your hard drive. If it has
    macrovision protection you will need to open the folder with Smart Ripper or a similar program.
    Now you should at least be able to view it and possibly back it up to disk with whatever method you're used to.
    When i tried this i get the following:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>
    When i put in the command line i looked like the following:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>xcopy E: C:\dvd
    it then tells me it is an invalid drive specification
    0 Files(s) copied
    What am i doing wrong???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    When i tried this i get the following:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>
    When i put in the command line i looked like the following:
    C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>xcopy E: C:\dvd
    it then tells me it is an invalid drive specification
    0 Files(s) copied
    What am i doing wrong???
    Type this in:

C:\Documents and Settings\Danny>xcopy<space>E:<space>C:\dvd\<space>/E/V/H
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  14. i believe the new version of dvddecrypter 3.5.2.0 works fine on resi 2,and a few others now.
    also a new firmware update might let your pc see the disc.
    i had to upgrade my kids 1.05 to let it see newer media,and originals.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.
    Quote Quote  
  15. Originally Posted by RottenFoxBreath
    i believe the new version of dvddecrypter 3.5.2.0 works fine on resi 2,and a few others now.
    also a new firmware update might let your pc see the disc.
    i had to upgrade my kids 1.05 to let it see newer media,and originals.
    What do you mean by upgrade my firmware???
    Quote Quote  
  16. My major problem is still getting my computer to see the Resident Evil Apocalypse disc in my DVD rom drive...Everything that I have tried so far has not worked...the disc is hidden on my computer drive when it is inserted. If I could get my computer to see the disc I could probably get a program to work on it so I can see it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Firmware for your writer or DVD-ROM,go to www.rpc1.org and download the latest.

BTW..out of curiosity is your writer's RPC set correctly?Download Nero InfoTool to make sure the disc matches your writer/DVD-ROM.While you are in InfoTool make sure your ASPI is working properly,if not try ForceASPI drivers.
    Quote Quote  
  18. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    What a hilarious thread

ALL BOLLOCKS.

You guys dont know a squat what youre talkin about!
    This n00b knows better, and he obviously dont need or dont want your help. Seems to me all he wants is just confirmation that RE2 and I Robot *CANNOT* be ripped. So, for crying out loud, someone please just tell him that and lets end this thread! (I can't, I already ripped them, umm scratch that - I meant I backed them up).
    Quote Quote  
  19. Originally Posted by DereX888
    What a hilarious thread

ALL BOLLOCKS.

You guys dont know a squat what youre talkin about!
    This n00b knows better, and he obviously dont need or dont want your help. Seems to me all he wants is just confirmation that RE2 and I Robot *CANNOT* be ripped. So, for crying out loud, someone please just tell him that and lets end this thread! (I can't, I already ripped them, umm scratch that - I meant I backed them up).
    Just to let ya know that i don't really care if i ever rip them...i own the discs (store bought) but I just want my computer to be able to play them...so if you don't have the info i need to help me why reply to the thread???
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Derek888

All criticism aside, sir (?).

Some of us are attempting to solve a problem here.

If you can't be supportive, ........
    Quote Quote  
  21. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by painkiller
    Derek888

All criticism aside, sir (?).

Some of us are attempting to solve a problem here.

If you can't be supportive, ........
    Oh please.
    Certainly solution has been already mentioned in one of the previous posts, I bet my looney against any other currency on that

What is going on now is just beating around the bush.
    Obviously both discs are playable on computers and are rippable as well, as we all know it. Theres nothing wrong with his DVDs, guy just have something wrong with the settings on his PC - perhaps something as simple as windows region set to 0 or other than 1, and RCE is detecting it, or any other of 100's of possibilities.
    But.
    If someone doesnt even know how to find correct drive in his own software, on his own PC, what does it tells you? Do you really, honestly, want him to do i.e. firmware flashing (as suggested above)? C'mon, have some imagination... Yes, its very noble of you that you want to help no matter what, but make sure such help won't turn into something quite opposite.

IMO he should have start from reading manuals, like man pages of Power DVD for starters, thats all what Im saying.

EDIT:
    The "bollocks" are to incredible moron who started this thread, no one else. I didn't realize he left this thread when I was posting (or so it appears).
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    There are more possibilities on this planet than you can shake a stick at.

1) It is likely that I am 40 years older than you.
    Chronologically as well as mentally.

2) We have spoken accurately and truthfully. For you to assume otherwise is foolish to the extreme.

3) While that other individual and I are still trying to get a bonafide answer to our dilemma, it will be without your help.

4) I strongly recommend that you consider carefully what you say - before you say anything. Some/many of us here are, in fact, professionals in our various lines of work. You may wish to carefully consider that for the sake of your future.

Lastly, this is professional advice - and a courtesy. Consider it wisely.
    Quote Quote  
  23. No i am still here looking for a solution to my problem (most of us simply do have lives and don't sit around on the computer all day waiting for forum posts)...and I am well aware of how to find files/folders/drives/etc. on my computer...I have read all my manuals and my software/Hardware are all up to date and in working order...I can view or use any other types of software/DVD's on my computer but the RE2/I Robot disc's simply do not show in my drive...I am not the only person with this problem (I am aware of at least 2 others in my local area with this problem)...By the way all my settings are correct (Region 1)...if it was something that was stupid I would not have asked the question...SORRY IF I AM NOT AS SMART AS YOU...by the way thanks for all the help to everyone else although it has been in vain...some people do realize that there are those out there that do need some assistance and I thank you for that!!! But for those who just simply seem to think that we are all not as smart as they are...well I just don't think that there are appropriate words to post for them.
    Quote Quote  
  24. Originally Posted by painkiller
    You may wish to carefully consider that for the sake of your future.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Open PowerDVD using the shortcut on your desktop, or by using the shortcut in your start menu.

See if it loads.

Alternatively, try loading using the "Open DVD on hard disk drive" method instead:

It should be as simple as that. Has everyone tried this method ? BTW, PowerDVD6 is available as a free trial here

If this doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of what you see instead of this:

Thanks.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Originally Posted by jimmalenko

See if it loads.

It should be as simple as that. Has everyone tried this method ? BTW, PowerDVD6 is available as a free trial here
    I tried this step for step and even tried Power DVD6 trial (I currently have Power DVD5) but still nothing...it seems that when the disc is placed in my drive (with auto run turned off) the computer reacts slowly as if it is loading a movie (DVD) but then nothing...says there is no media present...when I check the properties on my DVD drive it says that it the disc is full but it does not show any infomation at all (all I can see is the pie graph and it shows that there is no room left to put onto the disc because it is full) but at the same time it is not reading the information...no files or folders...???
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    If this doesn't work, can you post a screenshot of what you see instead of this:
    Can you do this for me ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    Can you do this for me ?
    How do I copy the image to post it here for you to see?
    Quote Quote  
  29. when I open up to find the drive with the disc in it all I can see is:

[D:\]
    [E:\]
    Open DVD file on hard disk drive
    Open media files

there is nothing listed next to either drive...the E:\ is my DVD drive...what you see there is what I see???
    Quote Quote  
  30. Monstercaper - I used the Open DVD file on hard disk drive and directed the search to the DVD drive, then set cursor on the Video_TS directory and played the RE2 just fine. That might do it for you.
    Quote Quote