VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Thread
  1. I hope monstercaper didn't look thru the lot of the posts here cause he wouldn't solve his problem. I'm pretty sure none of you people in Aus will not have helped him at all if you haven't the same Region code on RE2. Maybe you might have a problem with RE2, maybe not. But as helpful you people seem to be....I'd ignore most of the speculations and go onto other forums on RE2 and hear from people with "direct experience".
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by Nobody@home
    I'd ignore most of the speculations and go onto other forums on RE2 and hear from people with "direct experience".
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    As whomever did vocals for The Whores during Up In Smoke said so well, piss off.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
  4. well i should mention again that I can play many other discs on my computer without a problem (I tried at least 10 other discs mostly new releases) My laser lens is clean (I cleaned it with a disc cleaner), and the resident evil apocalypse and i robot both would not play on my computer (I have auto run disabled, and i tried to open them manually)...I have tried to rip it to my system with DVD Shink to try and read it but my comp will not read it that way either...so what are the chances that i would purchase 2 different DVDs (brand new) and have them be defective??? I have over 200 DVD's all store bought and have not purchased any defective DVD's ever. I tried VOB blanker, DVD decrypter, DVD Shrink and I cannot get them to read the disc on my comp either....I am using Windows XP pro, Power DVD5, and an LG DVD Burner.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by painkiller
    In some cases, some dvd's tend to want to install some Intervideo software when being read by a computer upon bootup of the disc.
    I usually tell the computer not to install the intervideo software.

You do not need it. It is a drm player that is meant to be used for the dvd-rom features.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    @monstercaper:

What Opening method are you using when trying to get the DVDs to play in PowerDVD ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    @monstercaper:

What Opening method are you using when trying to get the DVDs to play in PowerDVD ?
    Well i have tried the auto run (of course)...then i have tried going to my computer, and right clicking in the drive with the discs in it and pressing play but neither will work because it tells me that the disc drive is empty.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Try this ...

Open PowerDVD using the shortcut on your desktop, or by using the shortcut in your start menu.

Now look for this button:

click on it, and go to your DVD Drive:

See if it loads.

Alternatively, try loading using the "Open DVD on hard disk drive" method instead:

and then select the VIDEO_TS folder on your DVD Drive:

... and report back here what outcomes you get.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Like jim said, you might have the wrong source selected in powerdvd.

I use XP SP2 with PowerDVD 6 and had no problems with IRobot.

I have not seen resident evil 2 yet.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Changelog: AnyDVD 4.4.0.0 (beta), 2004 12 29

- New: Added support for a new version of the "Sony ARccOS protection" as found on "Resident Evil - Apocalypse" (US) to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages
    You stop me again whilst I'm walking and I'll cut your fv<king Jacob's off.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Special for you Jim :

Well it's not a Defective disc, Dirty Laser Lens or Defective dvd drive...like I had stated earlier all other DVD's will play...The discs will play in a PS2 and a DVD player (i tried both) but how can i get my computer to recognize the DVD's so I can make a backup copy of the disc? (I have a backup copy of all of my purchased DVD's)...and I do alot of traveling so I want to be able to put them on my (lap top) hard drive...I have DVD shrink but it will not work because it cannot see the DVD in the drive.

Per monstercapper
    The stupid person award goes to.........Nobody@home

Playing is different than ripping.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by tompika
    Changelog: AnyDVD 4.4.0.0 (beta), 2004 12 29

- New: Added support for a new version of the "Sony ARccOS protection" as found on "Resident Evil - Apocalypse" (US) to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable Sectors"
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages
    EDIT:

Nevermind
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  13. Thanks for the award ... Baloney .... did you mention " I have not seen resident evil 2 yet.
    " Pretty fact you're talking bout something without real experience on this specific DVD . Yes, I know ripping isn't playing. Reading and writing are not the same. People who are not speaking with experience do get in the way of learning for some of us. I had the same 2 problems on using DVDShrink or PowerDVD playback monstercaper had and only offered my experience and a lead to VobBlanker. Jim has already talked about this VobBlanker back on Dec. 28 and he's totally forgot that ? Resident Evil 2 playback problem wasn't isolated to one, two, or three people only. Quite a bit of people has encounted the same problem. And funny, of all the people with answers here seem not to even have a copy of that movie. What a junkyard of phonies..... Keep up the terrible flames.......Happy New Years BTW......l hahahahahaha
    Quote Quote  
  14. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for the award ... Baloney .... did you mention " I have not seen resident evil 2 yet.
    " Pretty fact you're talking bout something without real experience on this specific DVD . Yes, I know ripping isn't playing. Reading and writing are not the same. People who are not speaking with experience do get in the way of learning for some of us. I had the same 2 problems on using DVDShrink or PowerDVD playback monstercaper had and only offered my experience and a lead to VobBlanker. Jim has already talked about this VobBlanker back on Dec. 28 and he's totally forgot that ? Resident Evil 2 playback problem wasn't isolated to one, two, or three people only. Quite a bit of people has encounted the same problem. And funny, of all the people with answers here seem not to even have a copy of that movie. What a junkyard of phonies..... Keep up the terrible flames.......Happy New Years BTW......l hahahahahaha
    For crying out loud man, did you not see that he was also talking about I Robot?

I have had experience with that disc.

Click here
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Jim has already talked about this VobBlanker back on Dec. 28 and he's totally forgot that ?

scroll up

Originally Posted by jimmalenko
    That is the part where you don't seem to be listening - your experience is purely based on trying to rip the DVD, and that is where VOBBlanker or DVDDecrypter with a PSL list can be used to overcome this. You have no argument from me in this aspect, as this has been proven and solved already.
    So .......... reading isn't your strongpoint, then ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bazooka
    I have had experience with that disc.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=244978

niiiiiiiice
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    He is not worth it Jim.

You can't educate the chosen stupid.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by bazooka
    He is not worth it Jim.

You can't educate the chosen stupid.
    I know .... I'm only hanging around to see if my suggestion for loading the files properly with PowerDVD actually works .... who knows, maybe Nobody@home might try it as well, just to prove me wrong ...
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. You are right Jim.....but I mentioned that further back.... "I used PowerDVD ver 5 with WinXP. Autoplay generated a no disc problem till I manually moved to start the movie. I eventually tried several DVD burners and came up with identical troubles on playback. "
    Quote Quote  
  20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    You are right Jim.....but I mentioned that further back.... "I used PowerDVD ver 5 with WinXP. Autoplay generated a no disc problem till I manually moved to start the movie. I eventually tried several DVD burners and came up with identical troubles on playback. "
    Turn off autoplay
    Quote Quote  
  21. Now this is a funny thread
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
  22. on the Power DVD solution: The version you show is not the same version that I have...I have PowerDVD 5...it has a similar button to open but there is no E: Test...it simply does not read the disc...
    Quote Quote  
  23. insert dvd into dvd drive
    right click on dvd drive in explorer and select properties

hit the print screen button on the keyboard
    open ms paint and create a new file
    select edit then paste
    save
    upload to this thread

or just discribe everything the properties screen says word for word
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by monstercaper
    on the Power DVD solution: The version you show is not the same version that I have...I have PowerDVD 5...it has a similar button to open but there is no E: Test...it simply does not read the disc...
    Oh, for crying out loud...

Look ...
    E:\ is jim's DVD drive
    and "TEST" is the name of his disc.
    You don't have E:\TEST
    You'll have (insert drive letter here):\(disc name here)

You also said used a "cleaning disc". Well, I hate to be the one to break it to you, but those things don't work so well. They can do more harm than good, cannot "clean" anything but dust, and will just circulate dust.

Read this:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/archive/t183173.html
    (this post: lordsmurf posted 2003 Oct 15 05:29)
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    Originally Posted by monstercaper
    on the Power DVD solution: The version you show is not the same version that I have...I have PowerDVD 5...it has a similar button to open but there is no E: Test...it simply does not read the disc...
    Oh, for crying out loud...
    Welcome to my world
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  26. Member
    Search Comp PM
    In all honesty, this is why I have never worked a customer service job. They say the first step to wisdom is admitting to yourself how little you know. Nobody@home is a perfect negative example.
    "It's getting to the point now when I'm with you, I no longer want to have something stuck in my eye..."
    Quote Quote  
  27. Hey i thought this place was a place for help not insults!!! If I knew what I was doing would I have asked the question in the first place??? We all can't be as smart as you guys.
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I once had a DVD that would play on my set top but stopped running on my computer-no Windows program would see it. When I opened it with start run cmd.exe I could see it so I xcopied it to my hard drive, unlocked it with a ripping program and backed it up. Does your disk show up with a Dir command in cmd?
    Quote Quote  
  29. so how do i go about copying it??? i have not done anything like that before??? No matter what program I use the Resident Evil Apocalypse disc will not read on my computer.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello, folks.
    I would like to point out that I am always open to correction/help for myself or others .... I seek to learn more myself despite my almost 30 years as an engineer.

I don't profess to be an expert in this video field/industry - which is why I feel grateful for this website - most of you help me beyond my wildest dreams - even though most of the time all I do is read through this site.

But, to point out my original concern, I am merely curious just how this problem (computer not detecting the insertion of the dvd) can be solved.

I do not have REAN. Not even rented it.

But I have been purchasing the Doctor Who releases on DVD and have noticed two of the recent discs refuse to be seen/detected by my Win2K SP4 machines (using Powerdvd 5 on one and an earlier version on the second machine).

I thought it interesting that my downstairs Philips DVP642 has no problem with them yet my computers won't see/autorun them So I am highly interested in why this could be determined (possibly) as a defective disc...

My autorun hasn't been defeated/turned off. Other discs activate and play fine, but for these two. (I'll have to dig out the titles as I cannot recall them right at the moment. Likewise, yes - I misspoke before about the Intervideo comment when I should have been more careful and specified the Interactual player s/w. I also do not allow that s/w to installl.)

Hope that helps. At least in my case.

Thanks for your attention.
    Whatever doesn't kill me, merely ticks me off. (Never again a Sony consumer.)
    Quote Quote