VideoHelp Forum

Poll: Which of these three records?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I've searched for the features I want, and read the reviews, now I need to decide. I've narrowed it down to the three choices based on what I want.

1. Cheap!
    2. Need DivX/XviD playback.
    3. Timer record from cable set top box input.

Of the choices, I'm concerned that I cannot find conclusive proof on the DivX/XviD requirement for the LVW-5105 and the iLo DVDR04. I know the iLo HD04 has it, but I'm not sure on the non-HD model.

The 3 main purposes for this unit are:

1. Record daily kid's show from cable.
    2. Playback of DivX/XviD movies in childs room (20" TV).
    3. Capture from Hi8 cam (composite out/mono) to DVD to move to PC for minor edits.

Thanks for the opinions!
    Quote Quote  
  2. Here you can search for features you want:
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Here you can search for features you want:
    https://www.videohelp.com/dvdrecorders
    Thanks, but as I said above I have searched. I know what features I want, that's how I did the search. The comments on the units regarding DivX/XviD are ambiguous. It's narrowed to those three based on the search.

Now, I just need opinions from anyone who's used any of them.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    ILO .... because it is a LiteON clone, yet has NO REPORTS of jitter, and can now be hacked for 3-hour and MV-free. PLUS it's very low priced.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by lordsmurf
    ILO .... because it is a LiteON clone, yet has NO REPORTS of jitter, and can now be hacked for 3-hour and MV-free. PLUS it's very low priced.
    Appreciate the comment ls! As it turns out, the LVW-5105 isn't that easy to find with the stores around me (none). But my father-in-law is in Sacramento today, and the Walmart right down the street from him has stacks of the iLo. The Artec looked pretty good too, but that would have to be mail order. MV shouldn't be a probem, and the price is pretty good for a cheapskate like me.

This is a lot of effort for a kid's TV show, but at least I get a new toy to play with.
    Quote Quote