VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Hi. I'm looking for a DVD Recorder/VHS combo to copy a library of home video tapes. Anyone have any experience with this new Go Video model?

Another newbie question:

What happens when I'm copying a 6 hr VHS tape to a 2 hr DVD+RW disk and the DVD disc becomes full? Does the VCR pause automatically and allow me to insert another blank DVD? Or do I have to stop the VCR manually and rewind it to the place it was at when the DVD disk filled up?

Thanks in advance!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I have the VR3840. I have copied my VCR's to DVD without a problem. I believe you have to choice's. You can record to the DVD using it in EP Mode [ extended mode ] for 6 hours,your recording quality will be degraded some. Or you can record on two DVD's stopping the unit manually and continue recording on a new DVD from that point.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    You might have difficulties copying macrovision-protected tapes in a combo unit.
    Quote Quote  
  4. mrgooch, as I understand your msg the VCR does not automatically pause when the DVD is full. Is this true of other DVD Recorder/VCR combos (looking also at the Pan E75) when using the direct dubbing feature?

Capmaster, if I want to copy Macrovision-protected tapes (which I never do :->) I can still do so using the external video inputs (and my Sima unit). However, I think a combo unit is still the best and easiest solution to help me satisfy my main objective... that is, to copy my library of home movies from VHS to DVD.
    Quote Quote  
  5. I can't say that it dosen't automatically as I haven't copied in that manner. I do know that if you pause it while copying both the vcr and dvd pause at the same time and in order to continue coping you must press the copy button twice.
    Quote Quote  
Visit our sponsor! Try DVDFab and backup Blu-rays!