VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was given the Emerson EWR10D4 Recorder as a gift. I am currently trying to back up my brother's DVD collection. I cannot seem to back up the DVDs because they are protected by Macrovision. Is there another piece of hardware I can purchase to solve this problem? Or is there a way I can connect different machines to bypass the Macrovision setting? (ie. connecting through a VCR, videocamera, etc.) Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Quote Quote  
  2. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    I recommend one of these methods:
    1) Get a TBC and put it between the two machines, or
    2) Rip the DVD to HD, then burn on a PC writer. Use DVDShrink to rip/decrypt it and Nero to burn it. This method would be cheaper than buying a decent TBC (~$250 - 300).
    Quote Quote  
  3. If you do not have a DVD burner you can use DVD2SVCD to create SVCD's on CD-R. Image quailty is quite good.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Code:
    http://www.facetvideo.com/index.html
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I do not have a DVD burner. I will check into DVD2SVCD, and see how that works out.

I was just watching an electronic shopping channel, and they mentioned a connector called "Sima Go DVD". Would this also work to bypass the Macrovision?

Thanks once again to everyone who has replied. You have been very helpful, and I truly appreciate it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe. Maybe not.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote