VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Hello everyone. I am having a problem working a game I purchased, NBA LIVE 2005, reason bieng that my video card does not have updated drivers. So I contacted TECH SUPPORT, and they said to contact my manufacturer. The problem is that I don't have a clue what my video card is (brand, type, etc.), where it is, manufacturer, or how to get updated drivers. Can anybody help a brother out?

thanks.

-skip2mylou
    Wow! You got shocks, pegs... LUCKY!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hello,

You have WIN XP - just go to www.microsoft.com and go to automatic updates. They USUALLY have links to updates for MUCH of your systems components.

The other option - go to control panel and click on display. I forgot which tab but one of them will list the name of your video card. Write that down and then do a net search for it.

One more option - search the comptuer for directx and start the diagnostic program. Then click the display tab and that will ALSO give you the name of your card.

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Even easier method(s).
    Go into device mangler and look under Display Adapters, or go to Start > Run > and type in: dxdiag.
    Cheers, Jim
    My DVDLab Guides
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Or even easier yet, right click your desktop, select properties, select the settings tab, select advanced, then select the adapter tab.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    i found out that my what cha ma callit is called VgaSave. so do i search for the VgaSave site and get drivers from there?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Never heard of them. You can try searching by the FCC ID (should be somewhere on the card). Look it up on Google.
    Nothing can stop me now, 'cause I don't care anymore.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    BTW, where exactly is the DEVICE MANAGER?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by skip2mylou
    i found out that my what cha ma callit is called VgaSave. so do i search for the VgaSave site and get drivers from there?
    Don't think there such a device.... http://www.subwolf.org/v2/articles.php?article=1 From what I can gather it's how windows names a display card it doesn't recognize.

BTW, where exactly is the DEVICE MANAGER?
    Control Panel>system>hardware>device manager>display adapters..... should list what your card is.

If the card type isn't listed under device manager you'll need to take viral's advice. Go here to look up the code... https://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/oet/cf/eas/reports/GenericSearch.cfm

Are you sure it's a card and not onboard?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!
    thanks everybody, i went to the device manager, and next to DIPLAY ADAPTERS, there was a "?", so i dubble clicked it, and i clicked re install driver, and the next thing i know all is well and good. thanks yall.

-skip2mylou
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    YOU GUYS ROCK!!
    thanks everybody, i went to the device manager, and next to DIPLAY ADAPTERS, there was a "?", so i dubble clicked it, and i clicked re install driver, and the next thing i know all is well and good. thanks yall.

-skip2mylou
    Hello,

Congratulations

Chances are one of us here have had you're problem before. If not we know where to find the fix

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    well i appreciate all everybody has done...thanks!!

-skip2mylou
    Quote Quote