VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You could say it achieved less than nothing as the first warez copies of this DVD were available three weeks ago.

2. Curious, Why didn't VobBlanker copy over VTS_07_0.IFO and VTS_08_0.IFO ?

I used DVDDecrypter and then stills for the fullscreen in DVDShrink
    tgpo famous MAC commercial, You be the judge?
    Originally Posted by jagabo
    I use the FixEverythingThat'sWrongWithThisVideo() filter. Works perfectly every time.

3. You can download the beta version of anydvd and use clonedvd2 and back this up without any problems.

4. i imported the list with the psl numbers in to dvd decrypter rip it fine. when i ran it thru dvd2one it got half way and said ifo did not match vob. i rip entire movie and doing a full disk copy. something i did wrong?please help

5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    SSSAX,
    Thank you. It worked out great. Thanks for your instructions!! Now my son can watch the backup copy in his room and not mess w/ my Original RE dvd. God bless
    *New Mac user*, been PC user 4 life

6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I normally use DVD X Copy, but I ran into the same problem and did not want to use multiple programs to back it up.

I finally found a program that will copy it to the Hard Drive in a two disc format (Disc1 Widescreen, Disc2 Full Screen) Then use the same program to burn which ever Version (Full Screen or Wide Screen) I wanted.

Super DVD Copy 2.0 can be downloaded here…

http://www.dvd-copy-software.org/

7. I found the fix but its beta so try it out download AnyDVD 4.4.0.0 beta

http://www.slysoft.com/en/download.html

AnyDVD History

4.4.0.0 (beta), 2004 12 29

- New: Added support for a new version of the "Sony ARccOS
    protection" as found on "Resident Evil - Apocalypse" (US)
    to the option to remove "Protection based on unreadable
    Sectors"
    - Some minor fixes and improvements
    - Updated languages

8. i bought re2 but disc1 isnt recognized by my lg 4120b drive, only disc 2 extras will play. i find this odd because my standalone players will read it fine. anyone have any suggestions on how i can get this to work on my pc? it says no disc in drive in both windows explorer and power dvd

thanks!

9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks sssax2003,
    I tried your way and it work like a CHAMP!
    justmenow55

Search PM
    Originally Posted by ill_skillz_will
    i bought re2 but disc1 isnt recognized by my lg 4120b drive, only disc 2 extras will play. i find this odd because my standalone players will read it fine. anyone have any suggestions on how i can get this to work on my pc? it says no disc in drive in both windows explorer and power dvd

thanks!
    Try https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1159360#1159360
    If in doubt, Google it.

11. VOBBlanker is not working for me. When I open the video_ts folder I get program not responding. Shrink would not work either. Guess I will try Decriptor.

Boxingjunkie

12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hi

so, maybe its just me... and I'm REALLY lucky.. but I just bought my copy of RE:2 (awesome) and I backed it up without any problems anywhere at all using DVDSHRINK alone.

I use an LG GSA-4120B, and a toshiba SD1800 standalone for playback.

I bought my RE:2 at futureshop.

any ideas why I was so lucky? cuz .. well, I'd sure like to know.
    scratch the surface off a cynic - you will find a disillusioned idealist.

13. Originally Posted by DVD_NDN
    hi

so, maybe its just me... and I'm REALLY lucky.. but I just bought my copy of RE:2 (awesome) and I backed it up without any problems anywhere at all using DVDSHRINK alone.

I use an LG GSA-4120B, and a toshiba SD1800 standalone for playback.

I bought my RE:2 at futureshop.

any ideas why I was so lucky? cuz .. well, I'd sure like to know.
    i got my copy from futureshop as well. what operating system do u run? im using xp pro sp2. did u happen to update your firmware for your lg drive?

14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I see you have AnyDVD. It has been upgraded to a beta version 4.4.1.1 which addresses this new Sony protection allowing you to backup your DVD. Upgrade to this version and it works fine.

15. Member
    Search Comp PM
    dimebolt

Upgrade AnyDVD to beta version 4.4.1.1. It fixes this backup problem

Search Comp PM
    I bought a previous viewed (used) RE2 from the local rental store and was able to rip it to my HD with DVDDecrypter with no probm's. I use a HTPC to post process and view all my DVD's and dont really use a DVD player anymore for my primary HT. But just as a test I was able to back up the ripped files to a DVD using DVDShrink with no hassles. So are there diff vesrions of RE2 floating around? I am in Canada so the discs are reg 1. Ripped both disc's to the HD using a LiteOn 52x cd-rw/DVD rom drive and burned using a NEC 3500a on cheap generic DVD-R. Bkup plays fine on all 8 other DVD players in the house.

Search Comp PM
    i have the same problem
    i can not back up resident evil 2..i tried pioneer, toschiba, liteon..
    there must be some new structure protection...
    so will dvddecryptor 3520 resolve this problem?
    it is new version out there....
    thanks

18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    ill_skillz_will

I am running windows XP home, and I did get the firmware update about.. a month ago - two?
    scratch the surface off a cynic - you will find a disillusioned idealist.

19. the new dvd decrypter 3.5.2.0 released today should solve this right?

Code:
    Added: Support for different/newer types of 'structure protection'
    Fixed: Major slow down on some 'structure protected' discs

20. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    I know everyone here who uses DVD Decrypter Is Donating at least acouple of bucks

If everyone who likes my program donates $2 (or whatever they can afford), I'll be able to get more drives working in ISO Write mode and add more exciting new features!
    http://www.dvddecrypter.com/

21. yeh,resident evil works on the latest version,i believe,and on a few others too.
    LifeStudies 1.01 - The Angle Of The Dangle Is Indirectly Proportionate To The Heat Of The Beat,Provided The Mass Of The Ass Is Constant.

22. problem solved, updated to latest firmware a111 and it works like a charm

23. ooh that one was fun while it lasted. No probs with the new dcryptor. I have also found The Black Book to have the same type of bad sectors. Hopefully someone didn't spend too much time coming up with the new protection.

24. you should be usinf ANYDVD with CLONEDVD. There both made by the same company thats why when you use the two together it will make a back up off Resident Evil 2.

25. Well, I tried to backup the movie on my friend PC who have the same burner that I have (LG GSA-4120B) ...and no success....and I had the idea to try it on my PC ....believe or not the PC read the dvd just fine....the only thing that come in my mind of why it works on my PC and not on my friend pc is that he have WinXP SP2 and I have WinXP SP1 ...thats the only difference between our PCs.....

26. There is a new version of DVD Decrypter released. Would someone please try this on their RE2 DVD and see if this solves the problem.

https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=251785

27. Just wanted to say thanks for the vob. Worked like a champ. Newbie here and you guys are the sh**!!!

Thanks tons

28. I used the newest decyptor and it ripped with errors, but I still can't open / convert with anything including vobblanker, ifoedit, or dvd shrink. I'll have to try clonedvd later.

29. Originally Posted by tperricone
    I used the newest decyptor and it ripped with errors, but I still can't open / convert with anything including.
    Some folks are able to get RE2 to work. Did you try the process listed below?

From MRBASS's site:
    http://www.mrbass.org/dvdshrink/

DVD Shrink Encountered an error?
    Sony recently introduced ARccOS - DVD-Video Copy Control ("face the creators of illegal copies with ARccOS copy control!" --- pleaseeeee) on some new dvds like Resident Evil 2 Region 1 for instance. To bypass this just rip with the new DVD Decrypter 3.5.2.0 (released Jan 5, 2005) to an .iso image then open the .iso with dvdshrink and process it. Also some other titles if you encounter an error in DVD Decrypter go to Tools | Settings | I/O tab then check Ignore Read Errors.

Search Comp PM
    i just tried new decrypter 3520
    i ripped it ok with liteon 167T, it started to stop for first time but after few seconds new function check structure protection started to work and i was able to rip widescreen version VOBs 02 etc...with 7 speed!!!
    no reading errors pop up...

so just try new decrypter.....
    enjoy