VideoHelp Forum

Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Consider supporting us by disable your adblocker or Try ConvertXtoDVD and convert all your movies to DVD. Free trial ! :)
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 5
FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    okay fine i'm just posting them.

in dvd decryptor: dvd decrypter
    import protected sector list file contains:
    PSL
    184370-184400
    184401-184431
    184432-184462
    184463-184493
    184494-192543
    192544-196079
    1953828-2084899
    2259324-2259354
    2259355-2259385
    2259386-2259416
    2259417-2259447
    2267504-2271039
    4038680-4038749
    4038750-4169821
    4169840-4169909

this will make dvd decrypt "jump" over the bad sectors.

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sssax2003
    Never mind found the solution

Here it goes:

Its real easy... to rip RE2. I have over 500+ backups, and well this is the first one that gave me troubles. vobBlanker works like a charm.

Install/Unzip to chosen directory

Run exe

For input folder select your dvd drive that has RE2

Open up the video_ts folder and hit ok

then select output folder to where u want the movie copied too

Then hit process... thats it!!!
    Don't worry about modifyibg it in anyway cause I didn't really see the need for it.

Open DVD Shrink and open file point to where the files are located for RE2

AND BOOM THERE U GO!! Just carry on the way u do it just as if u put the dvd and and started shrink.

Pick out what u want and rip, it works great no problems(for me at least)

Vob Blanker is free too...
    I saw the same exact thing in the afterdawn.com forum. Are you the same person from AFTERDAWN.COM. Or did you just copy everything??
    When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!

3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Bronx
    Originally Posted by sssax2003
    Never mind found the solution

Here it goes:

Its real easy... to rip RE2. I have over 500+ backups, and well this is the first one that gave me troubles. vobBlanker works like a charm.

Install/Unzip to chosen directory

Run exe

For input folder select your dvd drive that has RE2

Open up the video_ts folder and hit ok

then select output folder to where u want the movie copied too

Then hit process... thats it!!!
    Don't worry about modifyibg it in anyway cause I didn't really see the need for it.

Open DVD Shrink and open file point to where the files are located for RE2

AND BOOM THERE U GO!! Just carry on the way u do it just as if u put the dvd and and started shrink.

Pick out what u want and rip, it works great no problems(for me at least)

Vob Blanker is free too...
    I saw the same exact thing in the afterdawn.com forum. Are you the same person from AFTERDAWN.COM. Or did you just copy everything??
    Copy everything....

And it works! 8)
    "What It Do"
    Huh ?????

Search Comp PM
    CooL
    When it sounds too good to be true, it usually is!!

5. I managed to rip RE2 via sssax2003's method. When load it up through DVDFAB and unchecked all audio tracks except AC_3/6 and subtitles the file is only about 2.9Gs. Isn't that small for a movie?

6. Successfull Rip + Re-encode,

Now to burn.

7. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I was also able to back up RE 2 with the method mentioned above ,I ripped the movie using vob to a file on my desktop and finished it with clone dvd .

8. Whow! This was a first time for me when all the usual tools failed "out of the box". Yes, sssax2003's method works like a charm. Just wondering when the "usual tools" will adapt. In the meantime: vobblanker rules!

Vid

9. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, this was a stumper!!!
    Everytime i see someone posting they can't rip a dvd me and my buddie laugh cause we never had a problem but then when i tried to rip RE2...

No matter what settings were used!!!
    And vobblanker sure ripped it with no problem!!!!
    But i will still use DVD Decrypter as my main ripper as i definately get faster rips with it than i did with vobblanker
    And seeing as this was the only disc i ever had problems ripping, that alone is curious

10. Same here. But vobblanker seems to be the tool for "special cases" until these others adapt. I'm very happy with my set of tools and it was the first time they couldn't do the job.

Vid

Search Comp PM
    cough cough...

did anyone miss what I said? Dvd Decryptor can do it. I did it, and so can you.

Search PM
    Originally Posted by shelbyGT
    cough cough...

did anyone miss what I said? Dvd Decryptor can do it. I did it, and so can you.
    I saw it ...

... but loading into VOBBlanker and pressing the Go button seems a whole lot easier to me than importing sector files
    If in doubt, Google it.

Search Comp PM
    well, I didn't care to download a new program when the one I had already worked. Importing sector files takes about 2 mouse clicks.

But oh well, as long as it worked.

Search Comp PM
    Hello,

Maybe this should be a STICKY for a little while since this seems to be a common problem. Many new posts are started on this topic. It might save some duplication

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?

Search Comp PM

PSL

I don't have this movie or problem ... but for future use ... where / how do you import an PSL file in dvddecrypter? I've looked and I know it's got to be simple ... but I just don't see it.

16. copy and paste the list on notepad. select the notepad file when importing to DVD Decryptor.

Search Comp PM
    basically what he said.

it's under File/protected sector list/import

the maker of dvd decrypter made a .psl file that anyone can use for this movie.

18. I read the Decrypter thread.. thanks for the link. A question:

1. Is there a step-by-step guide on how to create the PSL file for future problematic DVD backups?

I'm guessing that you have to change DVDD settings (ignore read error?, 1 retry?, ??), rip the whole DVD to obtain a list of bad sectors, copy/create PSL file (via notepad??), import PSL and rip again.. ???

Please advise.. I have ran into this problem several times but ended up just not backing up those particular DVD's.

19. Up until now, PSL protection hasn't been a major issue. People create solutions based on how much of a problem we're having. So far the software solution has been RELATIVELY easy. Just keep cracking the code and read and copy the movie sector by sector. In order to produce this next solution the answer gets more complicated, not impossible. It's not a simple matter of skipping bad sectors. They have to be found and replaced with blanks so that the instructions contained in the IFO file on how to play the movie in the correct sequence are maintained. No matter how this is accomplished it's going to require a time penalty and or some more intervention by the user. I am surprised that Shrink doesn't ALREADY have this incorporated since he integrates reading and manipulating the IFO information in his output.

To make a long story short, creating the protected sectors list requires reading the IFO stream sectors list and trying to make a list of all the ones NOT USED from the disk and this includes all the movie, supplements, menus and extras. Yes there are shortcuts, but it still takes some intelligence to calculate that list.

20. I used the VOB Blanker method, then DVD Shrink to get just the widescreen version....BUT the beginning seems to have audio sync problems. Has anyone else noticed this?

Search Comp PM
    basically what he said.

it's under File/protected sector list/import

the maker of dvd decrypter made a .psl file that anyone can use for this movie.
    I see what my problem was ... I was running an older version of dvddecrypter (3.1) that didn't have this option. I downloaded the latest, 3.5.1 ... thanks.

22. zamzickles,

From your response, creating a PSL list sounds to be a painstaking process and require much knowledge of ins/outs of DVD structure. For an at-best novice like me, I'd think it'd be a bit much to undertake.

Before 1-click solutions were created, I used to putz with IFOedit in manually backing up DVD's.. great app but confusing to me--esp. when having to manually edit items in VMG menu to blank out various titles.. I could never really understand/accomplish that.. PSL process sounds to be similar.. thanks.

Search Comp PM
    Just to say I tried it and it works here for me also. I think I will use this software more. Thanks
    Drive fast all the time.

Search Comp PM
    So this is their new copy protection they were hawking a few weeks ago that would defeat all the copy programs. And it lasted what, one day? :P

Search PM
    Originally Posted by yoda313
    Maybe this should be a STICKY for a little while since this seems to be a common problem. Many new posts are started on this topic. It might save some duplication
    All we would need then is to get everyone to read the stickies ...
    If in doubt, Google it.

Search Comp PM
    I can't get VOB Blanker to work on my computer,WindowsME. In the case of RE II it gets 46% thru and terminates with an "un-syncronized vob file". Other disks I try to rip it reports "vob file ended premarurely" and shuts down.

27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    wulf109 you may need to uninstall other dvd apps and install vob blanker first make sure it works and then put back all your other stuff ,because that method worked for me with win xp.

28. i tried to import it and got this error
    invalid or unsupported file formant
    reason: line 0 does not contain 'psl'.

what am i doing wrong?

PSL
    184370-184400
    184401-184431
    184432-184462
    184463-184493
    184494-192543
    192544-196079
    1953828-2084899
    2259324-2259354
    2259355-2259385
    2259386-2259416
    2259417-2259447
    2267504-2271039
    4038680-4038749
    4038750-4169821
    4169840-4169909

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by rida142
    what am i doing wrong?
    just right click on this and hit save as and import this into dvd decrypter

http://shelbygt.spymac.net/DVD_VIDEO.PSL

30. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by MrMoody
    So this is their new copy protection they were hawking a few weeks ago that would defeat all the copy programs. And it lasted what, one day? :P

Funny aint it?
    "What It Do"
    Huh ?????