VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. This is maybe obvious or I'm missing something, but how once I've edited clips etc.. in Adobe Premiere 6.5 can I record/export it back to the DV Tape in my DV Camera (via firewire)

Thanks for any help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi AndyCZW,

In Premiere 6.0 it's: File -> Export Timeline -> Export to Tape...

Your cam has to accept input via firewire. Cams in Europe usually don't allow this. I don't know for you, coz your profile doesn't say where you are. (Hint: Update your profile with your location...)
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

If you're not living on the edge, you're taking up too much room.
    Quote Quote  
  3. I live in the UK, my DV Camera is: Panasonic PV-GS120

I'm pretty sure it has in/out, but I'm unsure how I switch or alter settings (if I can indeed do so with this cam)
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi AndyCZW,

If your DV cam was bought in the UK / Europe there's a good chance it won't be able to record in from the PC. See here for why...

Do a Google search for "enabling DV in" and similar searches and you may find somewhere in the UK / nearby (i.e. Europe) that can do it for you.

I don't believe it's something that can be set from the user settings on the cam...

P.S. Your location can be set in your profile. It helps for a number of reasons if people know where you are...
    There is some corner of a foreign field that is forever England: Telstra Stadium, Sydney, 22/11/2003.

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote  
  5. Ah, I see.
    Well I bought my camera from America you see online, but there is still a small possibility it could have been a European Camera.
    If I'm not able to select the "Export to Tape" funtion on Adobe Premiere should I presume it does not indeed have the "In" function?

Also is there any other way to do it? I recall reading somewhere if I saved the file as a Microsoft DV Avi and then used software to export it that way?
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Hi,

How you save the file is of no consequence - you're just choosing a different codec (a way of encoding the file to a particular fiile type, in this case DV AVI).

If it is of European origin (bought in the US - you could well be lucky), then you'll need to enable the DV in ability. Search Google as above...

Carpe diem.

Quote Quote