VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a DMR-E55, and after having gone through the manual over and over, and listening to the wonderful (sheesh!) "how-to" dvd, I still can't figure out how to make the "x1.3 play" work.

The manual doesn't even mention it.
    The help dvd says that you hold down the play button (for more than 1 second) while play is in progress. That doesn't do anything.
    I tried pressing it for over a second when play was stopped. It just played normally.
    I tried pressing it for over a second when play was paused. It still just played normally.

I only have dvd-r's, so I haven't been able to try it with a dvd-ram, but the help video didn't say it would only work with ram's. Oh, yeah, I tried it on a commercial dvd, a dvd-r that was finalized, and on one that wasn't.

Does anybody know how to make it work?
    Thanks
    John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    On my E50 ... I discovered it accidently ... did something with the remote and it was playing X 1.3 ... faster.

............................A few minutes have past ...............................

Okay ... the X 1.3 faster speed ... use DVD-RAM and it will work
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Okay, thanks.
    I don't have any RAM disks yet, haven't been able to find any except Fuji, and didn't want them.

thanks for the info.
    Quote Quote  
  4. You just hold down the play button for a second or two during play and the play speed increases to 1.3x. I have a DMR-E60 and love the feature! I get to watch everything in less time and you can understand the audio!
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    But just with a RAM disk, right?
    It sure isn't working with my dvd-r's.

John
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by johnsees
    Okay, thanks.
    I don't have any RAM disks yet, haven't been able to find any except Fuji, and didn't want them.

thanks for the info.
    Walmart ... 5 pack ... $18 bucks
    Quote Quote