VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Many Are confused about this ,hence the reason for this post. We are talking about the average movie between 1 hour 30 minutes and those up to 2 hours and 25 minutes. You set timer to HDD, Flex record speed(FR) for the length of the movie- there is a re-encode but every DVDR has that. Then you can burn this program to a disc with no loss using high speed burn. You only had one re-encode. Now you could do better if you wanted to do XP to the HDD and then divide into 2 programs(for movies up to 2 hours and 5 minutes or so)Then you could high speed each of the two programs to one disc each. But who really wants to do a movie this way? I could see a football game where you have commercials and halftime. In fact you could do 3 discs this way on football games originally using XP and get outstanding video quality. BTW the new Sony HDD has neither Flex Record nor Divide- It is worthless for movies or athletic events.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Are you a Panasonic sales rep or what's the deal?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Try recording a high definition cable movie at FR by this method. It is so close to DVD quality that you will be amazed. Be sure to play it back on one of "The Secrets" top 10 DVD Players as they are the best.
    http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/cgi-bin/shootout.cgi?function=search&articles=all&type=...deInt=0&mpeg=0

No, I have nothing to do with Panny except I bought the E-80. You obviously have never taken the time to do what I have and consequently express your ignorance. Little cowardly one liners never cut it. I encourage you to take the time to do research, experiment with a Panny hard disc drive and come back and talk to us. If you can fathom it, we all look forward to your analysis.
    Quote Quote