VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    Again, does that problem happen with a particular DVD, or with all DVD movies?
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    So far all dvd's.

I can open the mtr with out even having a dvd in the drive. Sometimes mtr opens with a screen, sometimes it opens but doesnt show a screen.

Mark V
    Mark V

10.4.10 OS X 1.25GHz G4 768MB DDR SRAM Pioneer DVR-106D and external DVR-111D
    Quote Quote  
  3. what drive do you have in your system... and post a copy of the console log from a FRESH launch of MTR.

please prior to lauching MTR CLEAR the console log so i dont have to wade through all of the other rubbish in it.

GB
    Quote Quote  
  4. right on a new point ( and to keep WW happy )

im looking at the structure of the IFO and the best way to write one out... this is not going to be something i can do over night as im on another ( paying ) job right now... but i figure this...

Any app ( PC ) that fixes the IFO's of a ARccOS disc has to rescan the ripped vobs to rebuild the CELL_ADT and the VOBU sector address.... and generaly correct the IFO's to reflect the correct number of cells / vobs / titlesets etc etc...

if I implemet this scanning during he rip method and build all the required data in a struct during the rip , the ifo's can be written out with corrected info inserted in them , hence allowing dtox etc to function correctly.

thoughts please.....

GB
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    DVD-RW DVR-106D Pioneer

Mac OS X Version 10.2.8 (Build 6R73)
    ## Component Manager: attempting to find symbols in a component alias of type (regR/carP/x!bt)
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.388 MacTheRipper[445] MTR ++++++++++++++++ SYSTEM DEBUG INFO ++++++++++++++++ MTR
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.389 MacTheRipper[445] RAM: 768 MB
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.389 MacTheRipper[445] NativeCPUType: 272
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.389 MacTheRipper[445] G4 7450
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.414 MacTheRipper[445] procSpeed: 1249 MHz
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.414 MacTheRipper[445] busSpeed: 166 MHz
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.415 MacTheRipper[445] PowerPC ProcFeatures: 59
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.432 MacTheRipper[445] MachineName: \\013PowerMac6,1
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.433 MacTheRipper[445] Legacy Media Bay
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.433 MacTheRipper[445] SystemVersion: 1028
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.433 MacTheRipper[445] MTR ++++++++++++++++ SYSTEM DEBUG INFO ++++++++++++++++ MTR
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.433 MacTheRipper[445] MTR ++++++++++++++++ ALTIVEC TEST ++++++++++++++++ MTR
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.434 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: This System Supports Altivec
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.434 MacTheRipper[445] MTR ++++++++++++++++ ALTIVEC TEST ++++++++++++++++ MTR
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.434 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: awakeFromNib
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.699 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: applicationDidFinishLaunching
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.881 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: loadPrefs
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.923 MacTheRipper[445] *** Assertion failure in -[NSTabView setNextKeyView:], AppKit.subproj/NSView.m:4274
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.932 MacTheRipper[445] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: [NSView setNextKeyView:] to non-view object <%NSView: 0x1c0a70>. Make sure you hooked up the nextKeyView outlet to views, not cells, in InterfaceBuilder.
    2005-01-09 21:11:52.548 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: savePrefs
    2005-01-09 21:11:55.607 loginwindow[366] Could not find image named `bang'.
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  6. OS X 10.2.8 ... i have never seen the issue of the IB not being hooked up correctly... thats the first time i have seen that report from anybody.
    Quote Quote  
  7. okay look at this,,..

2005-01-09 21:11:44.923 MacTheRipper[445] *** Assertion failure in -[NSTabView setNextKeyView:], AppKit.subproj/NSView.m:4274
    2005-01-09 21:11:44.932 MacTheRipper[445] Exception raised during posting of notification. Ignored. exception: [NSView setNextKeyView:] to non-view object <%NSView: 0x1c0a70>. Make sure you hooked up the nextKeyView outlet to views, not cells, in InterfaceBuilder.
    2005-01-09 21:11:52.548 MacTheRipper[445] MTR: savePrefs
    2005-01-09 21:11:55.607 loginwindow[366] Could not find image named `bang'.

that is from your consol log. the app is failing in the TabView... and as the tabview is not hooked to anything it cant be being called , and as tabviews run without being hooked up there should not be an issue...

now look at the last line of the console log..why is login window reporting it cant find a graphic called bang? 3 secs after MTR failed????
    why is login window still pasiing data??? should it not be around ?

( hint Hint Hint ).....

I think that your OS is a little screwy.. i might sugest an upgrade t 10.3...

GB
    Quote Quote  
  8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Could it be part of my konfabulator messing with it because it was just finishing starting up?

I will restart tomorrow and let everything start up and run for a while before i even try to run MTR and i will repost my log again.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I'm sure WW is gonna rip you, but I'll try to save him the trouble.

Konfabulator is a system haxie, right?
    It enables your system to do a bunch a stuff it doesn't
    normally do out of the box right?
    MTR and (some) system haxies do not work/play nice
    together. If you dump ( de-install) Knofabulator,
    does MTR play nice then?
    "Everyone has to learn, so that they can one day teach."
    ------------------------------------------------------
    When I'm not here, Where can I be found?
    Urban Mac User
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    My problem i s that MTR1.5 still works if i mount a new image of it. If i use an old image of it, it open's MTR2.6.

Like i said this is the only program i have a problem with, everything else i install or trash doesnt effect anything else.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  11. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by Mark V

I am pretty famillar with the Mac, i have been using them since OS 7. I am not familliar with hacking my system or changing or deleting system prefrences though.
    Hi, Mark. Deleting a certain preference file is generally recomended when the application starts acting up. This is not hacking your system. The preference files sometimes become corrupted and mess with the application. When you trash a preference file, the application will create a new one when the application is started the next time. The downside is that the preferences you selected initially will be lost too.

OSX has a different nomenclature from OS7x regarding preference files.

Another tip is to rebuild "permissions" whenever you install any new software or updates. This is part of the Disk Utilities application that came with OSX. You may also want to consider updating to OS 10.3.x unless you have other applications that are not compatible with Panther.
    Merlin Macuser
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Quote Quote  
  12. did nobady read my reply .. the error is in his OS in general , its screwing around with AppKit.

Nuff Said.

GB
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Yeah, seems like Mark V might be in need of an OS reinstall. You could try creating a new user and seeing if MTR runs OK from there (if repairing permissions has no effect). Otherwise, an OS reinstall might be in order. Seems something has gone awry with your MacOS X installation. If you do decide to upgrade to 10.3, make sure you do an Archive & Install or Erase & Install upgrade.
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  14. Member
    Search Comp PM
    How do you create a new user?

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  15. Ok.. i have seen enough, I had to comment on this. Are you for real Mark? I can understand not knowing some things you cant find in the manual, but asking how to trash a preference and how to create a new user...jeesh its in the manual (and Apple's built in Mac Help) that came with the OS. Even my 87 yr old Dad, who isnt the best with computers, figured out how to do this stuff by reading them. Here is an idea that will help... READ THE MANUAL!
    Quote Quote  
  16. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Just because i am not a computer expert doesnt mean i dont know how to do things on a computer. I would like to see you on a car forum asking what that little red light on the dash board means or what supercharger would work with my car the best. I could easly put you down on a subject you are not all that familliar with, would you enjoy that? Did putting me down make you feel like a bug guy? I think it made you look like a child. Grow up little boy and show some respect to those who want to learn. 38 post's since 2002, boy you are a helpful expert.

This is a help forum right? I dont remember this being a scarcasm/put down forum.

All comments are directed to fab98.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  17. First , I am not putting you down , I am just giving very basic advice... I am nowhere near a computer expert (my dad neither) BUT WE DO read the manuals if we cant figure something out. AS far as cars, you happened to pick the wrong analogy there because that is something I am an expert in as I have been a mechanic for the past 30 + years. And you know what i do when i cant figure something out even in my field (which does happen), I read the manual. Reading manuals doesnt make you an expert by any means, but it does save you from asking questions you could learn alot more about by finding out the answers yourself.

By the way I am not that young either, so i am more then happy to be called "little boy"( i guess you do the math if my father is 87).
    Quote Quote  
  18. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Sorry about bitching at you but this thing is really pissing me off because this is the only problem i have with my computer, i know you are trying to help.

If i remove MTR, my computer has no problems with any apps.

Why have a help forum if there are manuals?

This is like a big manual to me, post a new chapter in this big electronic book to tell me what to do.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  19. Okay, in order to keep the peace (like that ever works)-

Creating a new user-
    1) Look in your Applications folder for your System Preferences and open that.
    2) Select System>Accounts (it has an icon of two silhouetted users standing side by side)
    3) Underneath the pane named "My Account are two boxes with a "+" and a "-" Click the plus.
    4)Enter in the name and all the other data fields.
    5) Go o your apple menu and select Logout YourUserName
    6) Log in to your new account and install MTR.
    7) If that does not work then it isn't something wrong with your account but (as Geezer suggested) your System.
    8) If so grab your OS X Install disc and do an Archive and Install if you need this to work.
    9) If MTR works then it is some conflict within your user account.
    Quote Quote  
  20. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I created a new account and it still doesnt work.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  21. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Try an archive and install. "From Help":

1. Insert the Mac OS X Install Disc 1 CD and double-click the Install Mac OS X icon.
    2. Follow the onscreen instructions. In the panel where you select the destination disk, select your current Mac OS X disk (in most cases, it will be the only one available).
    3. Click Options. If you want to save your existing files, users, and network settings, select "Archive and Install," then select Preserve Users and Network Settings. If you want to erase everything on your computer and reinstall Mac OS X, select "Erase and Install." You can't recover erased data.
    4. Click Continue.
    5. Click Customize to select which parts of Mac OS X you'd like to install, or click Install to perform a basic installation (recommended).
    Quote Quote  
  22. Can we split Mark's conversation from a thread that used to be about what geezer was doing with the next release? I used to look at this thread to see the behind the scenes stuff, not to answer questions on doing archive installs.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I thank all of you that are trying to help me, if it wasnt for forums like this we would all be scratching our heads once in a while trying to figure out it by ourselves.

I wish i could repay you all for the help.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  24. Then send something to geezerbuttz, (who diagnosed your problem by the way and knew you would have to do a reinstall) Private Message me for the e-mail to which you can send a paypal donation.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pixeljammedia
    Okay, in order to keep the peace (like that ever works)-

HA, HA!
    Quote Quote  
  26. for the last time ( for the terminaly deaf amongst us....)

THE OS IS AT FAULT...

1.5 works because IT HAS NO TAB VIEW!!!!!!

REINSTALL..

( this message will self destuct in 30 seconds.....tick tock tick tock tick tock...)

GB
    Quote Quote  
  27. right back to the good stuff...

Im in the middle of creating the structure to hold all the data that need to be corrected in the IFO to let DTOX compress ARccOs disks....

got most of the data from the vobs during read time , so we should only need a one-pass method to rip and correct... we will correct the IFO's at the end of the rip.

Its quite hard going thou , and VTS-TMAP is going to give me a headache... ( again )

GB
    Quote Quote  
  28. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    IBTW, notice the nice new font (Arial) in the LCD window of the screenshot above?
    So, you disagree with The Scourge of Arial?
    Quote Quote  
  29. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I just got a new copy of 10.3 from work and i will post the results.

Mark V
    Mark V

Quote Quote  
  30. Originally Posted by Mark V
    I just got a new copy of 10.3 from work and i will post the results.

Mark V
    Go ahead and post, but NOT IN THIS THREAD. Start a new one.
    Quote Quote