VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    I just found out how to disable the copyright from the original DVD. I found out from "WormGuy." This is how:

WormGuy from United States reported December 14, 2004:

Comments:

*** MACROVISION COPY SOLUTION ***

I have discovered a trivial workaround for the inability of later-made LVM-5005 machines to record a macrovision (MV)-encoded signal.

1. On the LVM-5005, start recording from a source that does not contain MV. A blue screen or the splash screen of your DVD player will work fine.

2. Just after the recording has started, press <pause>.

3. Start the source that contains MV. For a DVD movie, this would mean loading a disc, navigating through the menu and and starting the movie. For a VHS tape, this would mean starting it playing.

4. Press <pause> again to resume recording.

Have fun!
    WormGuy

I tried this method and it actually worked! This is the other way to go around it.
    I don't know if it works only for my DVD recorder, LVW 5005, but i think it works for any DVD recorder.

Enjoy.

Search Comp PM
    I'm bumping this to see if anyone else has tried it or cares to comment.
    "Art is making something out of nothing and selling it." - Frank Zappa

Search Comp PM
    I doubt it. Like most MV checks, it rechecks the signal periodically, not only at the beginning.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank Discs • Best TBCs • Best VCRs for capture • Restore VHS

4. I did it, it checked at the beginning and at the end of the movie. Tried it on two new releases.

Search Comp PM
    Sounds like LiteOn is using a weaker check.

Search Comp PM
    Finally you guys replied to my post. If you own a liteon 5005, try it. I failed a few time before i got it right. All you need is a DVD disc without copy protection, thats it. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you all. Keep me posted. Enjoy

Search Comp PM
    But who copies DVDs this way? I would be feeding it VHS source !!!

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hey . I need to convert all my vhs movies to dvd's. The first one i tried gave a message could not record. Is there a way to copy protected vhs movies to dvd. I have a dozen vhs tapes for my kids and would like to ditch the vcr for good. Thanks Tom

9. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by techretard
    Hey . I need to convert all my vhs movies to dvd's. The first one i tried gave a message could not record. Is there a way to copy protected vhs movies to dvd. I have a dozen vhs tapes for my kids and would like to ditch the vcr for good. Thanks Tom
    A standalone Timebase Corrector is the best way to remove copy protection from VHS source when transferring to DVD

10. Originally Posted by techretard
    http://www.facetvideo.com/xcart/customer/product.php?productid=83&cat=0&page=1

11. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Keep in mind that the non-TBC filter-type clarifiers and stabilizers not only remove the MV signal, but also usually degrade part of the video because they are filters, and aren't perfect Only a TBC will remove copy protection without changing the video itself

Search Comp PM
    Try to find old VCR...i bought my VCR a long time ago...these machines do not read copy protection tape...my VCR have no problem transfer video(new or old) to my DVD recorder. enjoy

13. Originally Posted by ponghclub
    Try to find old VCR...i bought my VCR a long time ago...these machines do not read copy protection tape...my VCR have no problem transfer video(new or old) to my DVD recorder. enjoy
    An old VCR that doesn't recognize copy protection would copy the tape. But when playing won't it just pass along the copy protected signal to the DVD recorder, which won't record it?

14. Master of Time & Space Capmaster's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by sync
    Originally Posted by ponghclub
    An old VCR that doesn't recognize copy protection would copy the tape. But when playing won't it just pass along the copy protected signal to the DVD recorder, which won't record it?
    That's right. The DVD recorder is the one that senses the signal and prevents recording, so an older VCR will just pass it along

15. Beta doesn't have MV, but then who uses Beta?

"*** MACROVISION COPY SOLUTION *** "

No go on a Panasonic, according to some guy I asked to try it out.

Search Comp PM
    Hey guy.....there is no copy protection when I make copies to a dvd disc, neither from a vcr to dvd recorder nor dvd to dvd recorder. I'm sure, I tested it myself.
    ***MACROVISION COPY SOLUTION***
    Is Liteon 5005 the only player that can do this?
    Happy New Year to you all.

17. I'm a Super Moderator johns0's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by handyguy
    Beta doesn't have MV, but then who uses Beta?

"*** MACROVISION COPY SOLUTION *** "

No go on a Panasonic, according to some guy I asked to try it out.
    I`ve worked on hundreds of betas and some do have mv.
    I think,therefore i am a hamster.

18. I tried a few disney films that my wife wanted to transfer to dvd and i did the macrovision trick. It recorded for approximatly 10 minutes then said 'Copy Protected' and then stopped... The macrovision is checked every few minutes and so this way does not work on most of the stuff i have tried....

Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hustler1968
    I tried a few disney films that my wife wanted to transfer to dvd and i did the macrovision trick. It recorded for approximatly 10 minutes then said 'Copy Protected' and then stopped... The macrovision is checked every few minutes and so this way does not work on most of the stuff i have tried....
    You are absolutely right. i rented two movies (VHS) and transfered them to DVDs. The macrovision stopped my progress a few times too. However, i managed to finish it by pressing the record button again. I do not know why it does this. i guess it depends on what you are recording.

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning. Copying your rentals is a no-no.

/ Moderator lordsmurf

20. Originally Posted by ponghclub
    Originally Posted by hustler1968
    I tried a few disney films that my wife wanted to transfer to dvd and i did the macrovision trick. It recorded for approximatly 10 minutes then said 'Copy Protected' and then stopped... The macrovision is checked every few minutes and so this way does not work on most of the stuff i have tried....
    You are absolutely right. i rented two movies (VHS) and transfered them to DVDs. The macrovision stopped my progress a few times too. However, i managed to finish it by pressing the record button again. I do not know why it does this. i guess it depends on what you are recording.
    Copying Rented Movies>?

Search Comp PM
    lol. Everyone does it and you know it. =P

22. Originally Posted by ponghclub
    Really..I dont...
    I only buy DVD's or Rare VHS,mostly off Ebay.

23. Originally Posted by ponghclub
    Plus some things are better left un said... 8)