VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Hey man! it got the watermark to show on the preview, but my problem is , when i save it as avi. its only a 1 minute clip and it comes to like a 800 MB file.

im trying to save this vob, to a high quality xvid, divx, or high quality mpg, but when i click on file save as, it doesnt have the mpg option, just a simple avi

So please tell me, how i can save it to a high quality mpg, or high quality avi, without a huge file size, like 800 mb
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Before you go to File > Save as AVI, go to Video > Compression. Choose your XVID codec or whatever other compression you wish to use. Then go to File > Save as AVI.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Hi There guys, okay i have folowed the steps, but i get stopped right at the top almost.
    when i get to :
    Go to Video > Filters:

and add my logo and follow all instructions and click preview, nothing comes up, its blank.

I have tried with 2 types of files, a low compression .avi and a high quality .avi

same thing in both cases, can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?

I noticed the file in the tutorial is a mpeg, does it only work with mpegs or something? if so how do i convert my AVI's into MPEG so i can do this logo procedure please.

Any info would be great, i am new to adding logos to video as you can see, but NEED to add them to my files, but they are all .avi files, but i am willing to change them to mpeg to do so (but i dont know how) if that is what i am doing wrong.

Thanks again in advance.

UJay.
    [size=9]Zhare Your Info Article Publisher
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    VLCPlayer.info - My Favourite Media Player
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Nah, AVI files should be fine (although you will have to re-encode them to include the logo). I'd say that it's something to do with your logo file. Can you upload it here ?
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. yep, it was my image, i could'nt save it in photoshop as bmp, so i open the image i made saved a ebmp into paintshop or something, and changed it to bmp. this time i opened just plain old Windows Paint (the only program i have that will save bmp - huh, useless for ceativity lol), anyway, now i am back at the same step and all looks good. thanks for the help, and the tip it was my image.

I will continue with the tutorial now...

btw, is there any good programs you know of that save files as .bmp that are a bit more creative as Windows Paint?

what do you use?

thanks.
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I prefer PaintShop Pro, but I'm astounded that "Photoshop can't save as BMP" - that doesn't sound right to me since BMP is a native windows format and an international standard.
    I just checked Photoshop CS2 V9 and it definitely can save out to either BMP or TGA, so don't know what version you're using ???
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  7. I am using photoshop7 still, i am used to it, so have had no reason to bother installing a newer version, i have CS3, but dont need it. PhotoShop7 has the option to save as:
    JPG
    GIF
    (2 PNG formats)
    EBMP - thats what i used first but was not recognized.

I will just get PaintShop Pro.. thanks heaps for ur help mate!
    R5DVD.com Support Team
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by incrediblej
    I will just get PaintShop Pro
    Either that or just do what you want to do in Photoshop, save as JPG, then open that file in Windows Paint and Save As BMP. An extra step, but at least you get full use of the software that you know how to use.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi.. first of all, I'm new on this forum....

2nd of all, I am sorry that I have to bring up this thread.. since I've been looking for newer threads but seems doesnt have one that look have my problems.. and this is the closest I can find that probably could help me figure out what problem I'm having...

I just got VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_2_b2542, and using it right now to make watermark... I have gone trough all your tutorial about making watermark on video and everything went good including when I previewed it out...

now the problem is when I tried to save it as, and I already change the compress type to Divx, now why it always compressing my source file.. which is my output file endup having no watermark... even I already add it, and it shows on the right box... (the source video should be on the left one right?)

but everytime I tried to save it, and again I already set the compress type to any type (I tried one by one, but not the "non compress" one) but it always ended up generating new avi file without my watermark... which is just alike the original one...

what could be my problem here?

thanks in advance guys...
    Quote Quote  
  10. Hey all! As a new member here in the forums, I have a question concerning the program VirtualDubMod. I just want to make sure that I don't have to buy the program but... is it free? Just asking fellas. :P
    I like to have fun!

Want to have fun yourself? Visit my website at:
    http://www.mikeytatelive.com.
    Quote Quote  
  11. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by michael315
    Hey all! As a new member here in the forums, I have a question concerning the program VirtualDubMod. I just want to make sure that I don't have to buy the program but... is it free? Just asking fellas. :P
    If you look in the tools section, you can either actually search the tools section, over there on your left, or click the actual link in your own post....

That will tell you if it is free or payware.
    Quote Quote  
  12. That's what I did before asking the question. But I went there again after reading your reply, looked to my right of the downloads section and saw that it is a free program. So I guess I can download it than. By the way, the Logo Filter is free too. One more thing, are both programs spyware free?
    I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
  13. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by michael315
    are both programs spyware free?
    ABSOLUTELY!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Just asking! :P Thank you!
    I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
  15. Okay! I have VirtualDub downloaded and my watermark is showing up. But I have a few problems. Is there a way to reduce the size of your logo? And is there a way to make it where the video doesn't show up through the logo?
    I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    1. Reduce the size of your logo source file.

2. See Part 2 of the guide, it talks about running logos for particular durations.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  17. I reduced the size to my logo just like you said, but the biggest problem I'm having is the video coming through the logo during playback. How do I make it where the video doesn't come through the logo?
    I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sounds to me like either your logo has a transparent background and/or you haven't got the opacity set correctly. An opacity of 0% should mean that no video comes through the logo at all.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  19. An opacity of 0% makes the logo disappear! Whereas a 100% opacity makes it appear. Usually in other programs, the video never comes through the logo when it appears and I think this is the only program that does such a thing.
    I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Sorry, I got my number scales mixed up - 100% should mean that the video cannot be seen underneath. Can you upload a screenshot to show us what you mean by "video coming through the logo" ?

Thanks.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  21. Here's what I'm talking about:

I like to have fun!

Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Can you please explain more about transparent color box. I don't know how to set it. Thank you very much. Your guide is really helpful.
    Quote Quote  
  23. Member
    Search Comp PM
    thnx, big help
    Quote Quote  
  24. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks to Jim from this newbie for writing this how-to. I will be doing a video in August of a lecture/workshop where I'm required to put a watermark on. Would have no idea how to do it! this thread is a godsend.
    Quote Quote  
  25. Member
    Search Comp PM
    hello!
    congratulations for your post about add logo on video .avi by virtualdubmod.

i want to know if its possibile to do it with virtualdubmod BUT with batch file.
    by command line video.avi + logo.bmp + bla bla bla

beause i can compressor the video by batch via VirtualDub all fine.
    after that always via batch i wanna add the logo to my video.

so.. batch processor for add logo bmp to my video by batch

thanks
    nicola
    Quote Quote  
  26. illusion Dictator
    Search PM
    Is it possible to add Watermark/Logo in MKV video file???

Or tell which Video files are capable to put a Logo/Watermark?
    Quote Quote  
  27. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi

thanks for guide.

i am the beginner, still i am not start encoding. i am reading many blog about how to add watermark few seconds multiple times., but here awesome.

but i am confused guide 2, please some one explain how to do Custom Durations for logo and Multiple times. (if have screenshot lot of helped me).

Thanks Guiders
    Quote Quote