VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I am posting this for a someone else...

Can a PANASONIC DMR-E85 recored off from satellite TV?
    or in his words...
    "..will it record off of DIRECTV channels, specifically TCM and STARZ channels?"

The person who wants to know tried contacting Panasonic but they have not answered and the manuals are not in english. Any help is appriciated.

Thanks,

/edit...did i post in the right section?
    Quote Quote  
  2. Sure, did you try the forum search button? Works great, search for 'e85' or other panny models:
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by handyguy
    Sure, did you try the forum search button? Works great, search for 'e85' or other panny models:
    yes i did.

i've been coming here for along time to get answers but i can not find a solid yes or no answer to this one.

there's people who hook it up to their satellite, but can the recored like you would with a vcr?
    Quote Quote  
  4. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I would think that the E85 can do it since my E80H has been doing it for 13 months off Dishnetwork...
    Quote Quote  
  5. Member
    Search Comp PM
    If you have trouble with the panny and direct tv just set the timer in the direct tv to tune to the channel you want and set the timer on the panny to record in flexible recording and to start 1 minute early and 3 minutes after and you will be set.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I've heard about anti-copy on some channels on some providers. Prevents capture cards and DVD recorders. Makes mess on VHS. Not verified, but rumors worth looking into.
    Want my help? Ask here! (not via PM!)
    FAQs: Best Blank DiscsBest TBCsBest VCRs for captureRestore VHS
    Quote Quote  
  7. I've heard about anti-copy on some channels on some providers. Prevents capture cards and DVD recorders. Makes mess on VHS. Not verified, but rumors worth looking into.
    I to have heard about some channel being copy protected from UK and in the USA from DTV but I have DTV and have recorded just about every thing with no problems.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    rumours... you telltale spreaders, you have just added another chapter to this urban gossip lol!
    Quote Quote  
  9. OT - mercuryfrequency, that is one of the coolest avatars I've seen for a while. I want one. Is there a site you got that off of? My avator used to be cool about a year ago when HL2 was still not out, but after not visiting these forums for a long time, yours caught my eye instantly.
    Quote Quote  
  10. @You_Are_Alive: i visit lots of forums and save avatars for when i get bored with one. no idea where you could go and download some...maybe deviantart.com sometimes has good ones.
    Quote Quote