VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. Hello EVERYONE!!!

I did some research and so far I think no one has posted this , I apologize in advance if I am in error.
    This is to all my fellow cyberhome 300-320 dvd player owners, the new units after possibly march 2004 cannot be
    hacked using the remote control to change the region code
    I think cyberhome got pissed off at us!!, Anyway If anyone else has this problem let me know what you have done, I currently bought 2 additional players 1 september 2004 and 1 october 2004 manufacturing units, and both cannot be hacked to change the region code, any help greatly appreciated.
    If drugs cant get you high , become a Pilot!!
    Quote Quote  
  2. I just bought a 320 today (12-18-04, date of manufacture 10/04) and followed the hack for the 300 (see other thread on this forum). There are a few things to note:

1. The unit is slow to respond to the remote - be patient.
    2. When you hack (no disc, menu 1,9) you get a grey box with 1 in it - this is the region code. Use up/down arrows to change to 0 (region free) and press enter - you are done.
    3. In setup make sure output is NTSC.
    4. I initially had some trouble with this and ran a few normal dvds through it, then tried the hack again and it worked fine.

HTH - I only found all this info from this board, many thanks to all!

Smiffo

PS Only tried this with region 2 PAL (BBC produced) dvds at the moment!
    Quote Quote  
  3. Banned
    Search Comp PM
    Please do not use all caps in your title anymore

Use dvddecryptor or dvdshrink.

You can make the movies region free without changing the drive.
    Quote Quote  
  4. Originally Posted by bazooka
    Please do not use all caps in your title anymore

Use dvddecryptor or dvdshrink.

You can make the movies region free without changing the drive.
    Thank You

I probably had sticky finger after the 3rd attempted I got the region code which showed the grey box, thank you guys for responding , For bazooka I know to use the dvdshrink for region code setting , I was just curious if cyberhome found out that everyone set the player to be multi region and they didnt want us in the future, as for the reason cyberhome is the best I fly about 3 times a month to japan, europe, russia and
    the USA, and this unit is in my luggage with me so I can view the dvd purchased overseas with different region codes, Sorry about the cap locks WONT happen again.
    If drugs cant get you high , become a Pilot!!
    Quote Quote