VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi, I recently bought a Pioneer DVR108 DVD writer and was happily using it for about 1 week with the "Cyberlink PowerDVD" program until it started telling me that it was locked to region 1 only. I had played region 2 DVDs on it before and had no problems. I have since found out that it only gives you 5 chances to set the region! I bought this thinking it was multiregion! I have also heard that it is possible to fix this problem, tho on searching the web and this forum I have found no solutions. I also tried a firmwear download which doesn't seem to have done anything.
    Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me? Or am I going to have to buy a new one? PLease Help! PLease!!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    You only get 5 goes ... by default.

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php will have a firmware that can make it region-free, or there is softwares under the Region Free banner in the tools section that can do same.
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Thanks for your help. I managed to apply the firmware and the drive itself is now multi-region though Power dvd still only allows 5 region changes before locking to region 2. Is it possible to patch power dvd to make it region free? Any suggestions about how to solve this problem are most welcome. If there are any other players that are region free please let me know. Thanks
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Originally Posted by contatuke
    Thanks for your help. I managed to apply the firmware and the drive itself is now multi-region though Power dvd still only allows 5 region changes before locking to region 2. Is it possible to patch power dvd to make it region free? Any suggestions about how to solve this problem are most welcome. If there are any other players that are region free please let me know. Thanks
    AFAIK PowerDVD just reads the settings off your burner, so I don't think it is truly multi-region at all, yet

I'm trying to remember how I did mine - I'm pretty sure I just flashed the firmware, rebooted, and PowerDVD picked it up as multi-region straight away
    If in doubt, Google it.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    try installing DVD REGION KILLER. it will fool the operating system so you won't have that annoying 5 changes thingy.
    Quote Quote