VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Here's my problem. I've been playing around with my new Philips DVD recorder, and editing using my PC and TMPGenc XPRESS 3. However, when I delete various titles on the DVD recorder, the PC still sees SOME of these files, and the whole editing process becomes impossible, probably because of the different file systems used. When I format the RW+ disc in NERO (Full format), the disc is then unreadable in the DVD recorder (It says'Invalid disk format'). I can of course use a new RW disc, but of course if I'm only going to be able to edit properly after the 1st burn, I might as well use a non-writable disc. The DVD SETUP menu for formatting (Though it's not a proper full format, just marking free space for the recorder, and thus the cause of my problem) is not accessible after I format a disc in NERO. Is there any way to format a RW+ disc so that my DVD recorder will accept it as it would a new disc? Thanks
    Quote Quote  
  2. You want to "erase"not format..?
    Quote Quote  
  3. Is this not the same thing? If so, how do I ERASE the disc?
    Quote Quote  
  4. I think nero has a button "Erase" to click. I know record now does..

Quote Quote  
  5. Obviously 'Erasing' the disc does not produce blank data as a new disc, because the DVD recorder won't accept it.
    Quote Quote  
  6. What?? Obviously To record onto the disc it must be empty...Erased.
    Quote Quote  
  7. Hey up, I've just formatted using EASY MEDIA CREATOR 7, and it works fine. Don't ask me why.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Great!
    Quote Quote  
  9. Try putting the disc in the recorder tray, but do not hit the button to close the tray. Hit "record" on the front panel or remote. The tray should close and either recording will start or you will get a screen that asks if you want to record over the disc.
    Quote Quote  
  10. Member
    Search Comp PM
    When i do a quick erase using NERO and then try to record that disc in my Philips DVDR75 it tells me that the disc contains unknown data and then tells me if I want to erase it to hit record.

Has worked every time so far.
    Quote Quote  
  11. I formatted a dvdrw once, took 40 minutes....

I prefer dvdram, these take me about 30 sec to format.
    Quote Quote  
  12. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Copy a VR-formated-blank to your RW.

OR you can:
    Save to HD all the folders of a formated only VR disk
    ISO or bin or image burn them.
    ignore all error mesages

see:
    https://www.videohelp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=246174&highlight=
    Quote Quote  
  13. Originally Posted by RonBoy
    When i do a quick erase using NERO and then try to record that disc in my Philips DVDR75 it tells me that the disc contains unknown data and then tells me if I want to erase it to hit record.

Has worked every time so far.
    I've found the same. Just press 'record' on the remote. I should add though that when using a RW disk, the erase funtion doesn't work properly on the Philips recorder. The old movie still breaks through at some points. However, erasing the RW on my computer using Nero, works fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    Or you could try not using the "Quick Erase" feature, but rather the "Full Erase".

Scott
    Quote Quote