VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I sent a DOA DVDR75 in for repair in Sept. I was informed much later the part was expected Nov 17. I made multiple attempts to get the manufacturer's warrenty extended by the amount of time they had it. No luck. They tell me the warrenty is ticking down while it's in their shop. There is no hidden 1 yr warrenty that someone here mentioned. Now they tell me another part has been ordered, due Dec 17. I just wrote them and demanded a new machine with a full years warrenty, or a refund. Other than contacting the BBB, a website for complaints mentioned here and the Attourney Genl's office, do I have any other options?
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I've heard Philips repairs do suck but I've never had to use them. My Philips 985 is well over two year old and has never been to the shop.
    Had ab ABError message once. Upgraded my firmware (which I had NEVER done before) and it still works like a charm.
    Quote Quote  
  3. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I can understand your anger over the poor service. Your request to extend the warranty for the months the machine was not available for your use makes sense but I think it would be very uncommon. However, many companies (or their service centers) do provide a new warranty on the replaced parts and repairs. You should ask about this.

My Pioneer warranty includes a paragraph about the dispute resolution process. Does Philips offer this and is that where your requests are being denied?
    Quote Quote  
  4. the day they took the machine off you,and pinned down the problem,was the day your products warranty was on "pause".--in the UK its called statutory rights.
    there should be no problem here as the fault was within warranty and you have no power over the time they have had it.
    just brass it out with them and either tell them to fix it under warranty or give it back,and take it further yourself
    Quote Quote  
  5. Thanks for the suggestions, all of my previous contact had been by phone with no results. I am hoping my letter has a different response.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    I want to clarify my earlier post. Naturally your warranty repair is in effect regardless of how long it takes them to repair it. What matters is if it was in effect when the problem was reported. What I thought you were asking is if the time limit for future warranty repair gets extended by the amount of time they hold the unit. I like the idea but haven't heard of that done in the U.S. Philips should be more interested in your satisfaction and should have replaced the unit when they realized the needed parts were not readily available. You have received poor service and have a legitimate grievance in my opinion.
    Quote Quote