VideoHelp Forum
Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3
FirstFirst 1 2 3
Thread
  1. Originally Posted by satviewer2000
    You must have an advanced working knowledge of how to edit hex and text files. You must know how to search for minute bits of information which may be located at dozens of different sites or forums. You may spend days or weeks trying to get the thing going, and when you finally do, the sat company sends yet another ECM that basically destroys what you just finished doing for the last week.

For me, it's all too much trouble ... I went back to using an IRD and a video capture card.

Nope not at all, right now they got something called the "Auto-Roll", which automatically changes the old keys to the correct ones without you doing anything. Once you have it up and running you are good to go.

2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Hi!
    For an extern PC DVB-card with HDTV and CAM module support, see -> FireDTV @ www.digital-everywhere.com
    The MPEG decoding is done in software so for HDTV and other software features like OSD and Timeshift I suggest a good graphic card and a fast CPU (e.g. Intel 2.6GHZ or higher)
    Attention: To use FireDTV you need a Firewire interface! USB is not supported, that's why it works
    Bye!

3. Thats for europe and you need to subscribe to it, not free tv by all means, and this wont work in north american because like I mentioned, HDTV switched to Nagra 2, and Nagra 2 isnt something you can pick up through this system...period.

4. OK... so who is still transmitting HD in QPSK?

5. We need to wait until either new dvb cards come out to view the nagra 2 in PC, or somehow. Only time will tell. HDTV right now is getting to every broadcast slowly, eventually we'll have MTV on HD (oh god!!!)

Search Comp PM
    The MTV (Viacom) Archives are mostly analogue convertions... Don't expect quality boost when MTV turns HDTV. Also most stuff the last 6 years, are DVD based....
    (In europe, the multiplexxer viacom use, force the channels to transmit at 544 x 576 - A technical limitation of the hardware they currently use. So, they digitize and keep their archives as PAL DVD not higher... I know that pretty well)
    There gonna be an improvement on videos released after 2001....

7. Ok good news I just heard new PC DVB card are going to be out so you can see the Nagra 2 video, yay this is a good day for me

I think once its available I can expand on the how-to for people who are interested.

8. Member
    Search Comp PM
    You're not gonna believe how far ahead are in Europe as far as digital TV "testing" is concerned. Huge number of sites and forums are available all over the Europe. Encryption hacks and codes are published daily. All kind of CAMs that bypass and/or emulate the encryption systems are widely available especially in Germany and Poland. A friend of mine from an eastern european countrly told me they have a Linux server that shares over 45 different cards over the internet for a montly fee of $20.
    Below are couple of links for illustration:

Links removed - SatStorm

Enjoy!

You are in breach of the forum rules and are being issued with a formal warning.
    Those things are illegal. Don't link even for illustration....
    / Moderator SatStorm

9. Originally Posted by likwid8
    Ok good news I just heard new PC DVB card are going to be out so you can see the Nagra 2 video, yay this is a good day for me

I think once its available I can expand on the how-to for people who are interested.
    Interesting... I would like to know more about that. Are you talking about the cloned ROM101 cards or a real ROM102/103 and S01 cards?

Search Comp PM
    This convertation ends here
    La Linea by Osvaldo Cavandoli