VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread

1. Im really getting close to losing it with writing VCD's , a long long time ago i messed around with the PC (far too much in one sitting) and altered the ASPI (yes ?), jumper settings, drive layout, removed dvd drive, formatted - etc etc.

Since then i have not been able to write CD's , FINALLY a few days back i got it working with music CD's which was great and all - but i need the drive alot for VCD's !.

When i write a VCD on nero (after converting it myself in all the correct form) it begins writing it, stops at 4% where the 'USED READ BUFFER' reaches 100% - and HOLDS there, nothing happens at all for no matter how long.

--

I downloaded this new program VCDEasy (Which is why im here) and it actually wrote the dam thing, i was happy as hell !. Then when its finished writing it gives out the error you see on the picture above.

I really could do with knowing what the hell the problem is and how to fix it, also i have no clue what CD make mine is as its a bogg standard packard bell package from about 2 years ago - with little to no support from Packard Bell.

PLEASE can someone help me and i will be highly thankfull ! - Thank You - Wo33eR
    Quote Quote  
  2. Hi!
    According to the errror message, there's no CD in the CD-Writer or the CD inserted in the CD-Writer is not recognized.

You're using SPTI with generic-mmc driver for the CD-Writer. That's good but some CD writers won't work with the generic-mmc driver, instead go into "Settings-CD Writer/Read-CD Writer and change the Write driver to generic-mmc-raw. That should work with no problems at all.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote  
  3. THANK GOD ! A reply !.

Okay let me go test it, get back to u soon, cheers for the help and actually responding
    Quote Quote  

4. Drivers i have to choose are :

CD2600
    Generic
    Generic-Raw
    Ricoh-mp6200
    sony-cdu920
    sony-cdu948
    taiyo-yuden
    teac-cdr55
    yamaha-cdr10x

--

I dont know if there drivers on my PC or come with VCD easy or whatever.. i just dont know what to do now . The CD reads every time and nero manages to write music CD's no problem - just nothing will write VCD's !
    Quote Quote  
  5. Ok, you got the error message of drive not ready dissappear. The new error message indicates that there's a problem with the driver for your CD-Writer.

First I suggest you do a test on a CD-RW disc and lower the write speed to 4x. If this doesn't help, then there's another solution to your problem.

Create only the bin file but do not burn it using VCDEasy. Instead use the "Burn Image" in Nero and hopefully that will work. You say that Nero burns music CD without any problem. This indicates that the Nero ASPI-drivers are working correctly with your CD-Writer. Therefore you should be able to write the bin file created with VCDEasy using Nero.

// Znooky
    Quote Quote