VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Im trying to burn a DVD rom in nero 6 but there are a few differnet types. Which one is backward compatable with an old DVD Rom Drive. im using DVD-R discs.

DVD-ROM (ISO) * Doesn't work with my DVD-Rom Drive
    DVD-ROM (UDF) *Doesn't work
    DVD-ROM (UDF/ISO) *Doesn't work

Now im talking about my DVD-Rom drive here not my DVD Player movies burnt work fine in my DVD Player but not in my DVD-Rom drive.

My DVD-Rom drive is;
    LG DRD 8102B (latest firmware 1.04)

My DVD Writter is an
    Emprex Dual Layer 16x(latest firmware)

Ive tried PCLine DVD-R discs
    BulkPaq DVD-R Discs

DVD+R discs work fine. I can burn a movie and a DATA DVD fine. both work in my DVD Player and DVD-Rom drive. But the same cannot be said for DVD-R discs. According to my DVD-Rom drives documentation it does support DVD-R.

So why doesn't the DVD-R disc work? is it the make of the blank discs?
    Please Help.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by irishbloke2004
    Im trying to burn a DVD rom in nero 6 but there are a few differnet types. Which one is backward compatable with an old DVD Rom Drive. im using DVD-R discs.

Now im talking about my DVD-Rom drive here not my DVD Player movies burnt work fine in my DVD Player but not in my DVD-Rom drive.

My DVD-Rom drive is;

My DVD Writter is an

BulkPaq DVD-R Discs

DVD+R discs work fine. I can burn a movie and a DATA DVD fine. both work in my DVD Player and DVD-Rom drive. But the same cannot be said for DVD-R discs. According to my DVD-Rom drives documentation it does support DVD-R.

Please Help.
    Ummm....If I'm not mistaken you've asked the same thing in another section of this forum site. ....I believe suggestions were made to you....I hate to have to shout but I'm gonna!!!! TRY DIFFERENT DVD-R MEDIA which has already been suggested to you......... Your dvd burner is a rebadged BTC drive. Check out the BTC forum at cdfreaks.com
    Quote Quote  
  3. Originally Posted by budz
    Originally Posted by irishbloke2004
    Im trying to burn a DVD rom in nero 6 but there are a few differnet types. Which one is backward compatable with an old DVD Rom Drive. im using DVD-R discs.

My DVD-Rom drive is;

My DVD Writter is an

BulkPaq DVD-R Discs

Please Help.
    Ummm....If I'm not mistaken you've asked the same thing in another section of this forum site. ....I believe suggestions were made to you....I hate to have to shout but I'm gonna!!!! TRY DIFFERENT DVD-R MEDIA which has already been suggested to you......... Your dvd burner is a rebadged BTC drive. Check out the BTC forum at cdfreaks.com
    Yer i know but those suggestions a part from yours were not helpful and neither was being picked on over spelling mistakes. thanks ill try that site.

How do i know its the Media? I mean ive tried 2 brands now and im still none the wiser. i cannot afford to pick a brand that wont work? so what brand should i get According to the DVD Burners site it has a list of compatable media.

http://www.drvupdate.com/media_list/media_list_1016_dvd-r.htm
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    MXL RG02 & MXL RG03 are MAXELL DISCS which is on that link you provided. try using those because they are good quality dvd media. go to this site www.nomorecoasters.com and you'll see a list of which media is good & bad.

in my opinion if you're getting coasters then it's the media you're using which is probably crappy. a compatible list only means the media could work or it couldn't.

change the media you're using. if you don't want to because you wanna know for sure if it's the media that is bad, then continue making coasters and wasting your money. advice has been given to you try taking it.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Originally Posted by budz
    MXL RG02 & MXL RG03 are MAXELL DISCS which is on that link you provided. try using those because they are good quality dvd media. go to this site www.nomorecoasters.com and you'll see a list of which media is good & bad.

in my opinion if you're getting coasters then it's the media you're using which is probably crappy. a compatible list only means the media could work or it couldn't.

change the media you're using. if you don't want to because you wanna know for sure if it's the media that is bad, then continue making coasters and wasting your money. advice has been given to you try taking it.
    Thanks for your help. i wish i had to buy a better brand name for the DVD Drive its not been a great experience. Do you know if the brand Imation is good? as there DVD+R discs worked fine.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Do you know if the brand Imation is good? as there DVD+R discs worked fine.
    first of all download the program DVD IDENTIFIER or DVDINFO PRO. those programs will tell you the exact media code on any dvd disc. Imation 4x DVD+R that I've used are "RICOH" which is good media. check the media section on this site. Some brands use different manufacturers like MEMOREX uses CMC, RITEK, & FUJIFILM. using those programs i suggested will tell you the exact media codes.
    Quote Quote