VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. Looking for some info on combined VHS/DVD recorders that can be bought in the UK.
    Need something that will take my retail vhs copies and back up onto a dvd disk preferably -r format as thats what i like to use, as my main player will only play -r.
    Price range looking at say upto £300, but would prefer to spend a lot less....
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote  
  2. Bush DVRHS01(-RW/VHS-now discontinued) in Argos £199 (maybe substituted with DVRHS02 +RW/VHS)
    Quote Quote  
  3. Also saw a Sony (I think) in Cosco
    Quote Quote  
    Search PM
    I wouldn't buy anything "combo".
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by hech54
    I wouldn't buy anything "combo".
    Hello,

DITTO

You'd probably be happy buying an inexpensive single layer dvd burner and a tv capture card for your pc. Then hook up your existing vcr to the computer.

I love my hauppauge wintv pvr250. It makes great dvds when I author the mpeg file for burning

Kevin
    Donatello - The Shredder? Michelangelo - Maybe all that hardware is for making coleslaw?
    Quote Quote  
  6. I see where you anti combo guys are comming from but i want a standalone solution not something that will tie my PC down for long periods of time. Even at night its fairly active.
    This is why a combo would suit me or even a standalone dvd recorder and seperate vhs player.
    The 2 combo's mentioned, do they need hacking in anyway to remove macrovision ?
    Not bothered by small problems...
    Spend a night alone with a mosquito
    Quote Quote