VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5
FirstFirst ... 3 4 5
Thread
    Search Comp PM
    They still find a way to charge tax, even for gifts. If they open it up and see that it's potentially valuable, they reserve the right to assign a value to it, then it's time to bend over...
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  2. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Contact me if I shall send you a drive.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Same thing from Germany. He's probably going to end up getting one locally since it comes out cheaper in the end...
    I like systems, their application excepted. (George Sand, translated from French), "J'aime beaucoup les systèmes, le cas d'application excepté."
    Quote Quote  
  4. The support has been , well , wonderfull.

Thanks you to all who have helped me in this quest.

I calculate that by friday i should have enought to by a drive , so 1-2 days after that the update will be released ... just give me time to pass it on to wise to do a new pdf for it..

Once again ... many thanks , you realy are very kind..

Merry Christmas to all.

GB
    Quote Quote  
  5. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    The DVR108XL is going to cost 249 ch ( $214 ).. thats how much more expensive things are here.....

If i order from germany , or outside switzerland , i get stuffed on import duty ( very expensive - we are non-EU ) aswell as steep posal costs....
    How much is import tax in Switzerland then? Accoridng to these figures (US$214!!!!) it must be like 150%...
    Tim Houghton
    WebsitePhotography
    Quote Quote  
  6. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Do not mix the versions 108D/XL and A08D/XL.

XL: Nicer Front panel but tray would not fit through the slot of your Mac

D: Standard Tray

108: Bulk, no PC Software, no special packaging

A08: retail, with screws, PC software

Pricing as previously stated,
    108D bulk: EUR 82,-
    A08XL: EUR 150,-

Don't waste your money! You need a 108D bulk version.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Supposedly, the A08XLA also has a quieter mechanism, and such, but I suspect the 108D would still be better than the NEC drive. Supposedly, he can't find the 108D in local retailers, so he's kinda stuck...
    Quote Quote  
  8. turns out the supplier i found , that advertises them , does not even have one... so its back to square one..... this sucks.

GB
    Quote Quote  
  9. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Maybe you are better off driving to Germany or Austria and get it there personally.....
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    OK, just wanted to announce that Geezer has received enough donations to get the burner he wants, and I got the release build of MTR 2.6. I'm working on the update to the manual and website, and should have version 2.6 posted by Friday evening, or Saturday morning at the latest.

I also wanted to announce that for version 2.7, in addition to the swanky new chapter selection and whatnot, Geezer has found out how to have a progress bar in the dock icon, so for those that have requested that (Bendermac, this means you, buddy), rejoice!
    Quote Quote  
  11. The progbar in the IconDock is done .. and it has the Aqua look , so..

BenderMac.. REJOICE FOR YOUR DAY HAS COME!!!!!
    Quote Quote  
  12. Master of my domain thoughton's Avatar
    Search Comp PM
    That really is excellent news about the dock icon! Nice one!
    Tim Houghton
    WebsitePhotography
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by geezerbuttz
    The support has been , well , wonderfull.

Thanks you to all who have helped me in this quest.

I calculate that by friday i should have enought to by a drive , so 1-2 days after that the update will be released ... just give me time to pass it on to wise to do a new pdf for it..

Once again ... many thanks , you realy are very kind..

Merry Christmas to all.

GB
    GB,
    your very welcome,
    thanks to you and WW we have had something to enjoy,
    and make this year a little brighter.
    Merry Xmas to both of you!
    Quote Quote  
  14. Another Christmas note..

AQUA PROGBARS ARE BACK!!!!!1

without the cpu overhead... i wrote my own , without the stupid timer pulses that eat CPU time....

piccy later...
    Quote Quote  
  15. as promised here is the screen shot ( bendermac , check out the dock icon...)

Quote Quote  
  16. nice gb thanks for including this little useful feature. i hope the others will like it too
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Wow, that screenshot is just beautiful! 2.7 is gonna rock the casba! Almost done getting 2.6 ready for launch...
    Quote Quote  
  18. right , added all the support for cell extraction to the data Structs...

corrected file sizes to be correct based on selected angle.... good for multi angle disks..

later i will move all the code to update the chap / files sizes when an angle is changed......

Do that tommorow......

gonna add a cell TableView like the chapter one , but with an extra set of buttons to control selected angles.......

later

GB
    Quote Quote  
  19. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by WiseWeasel
    It seems according to this thread, there's a Windows app called SubCreator that can import .srt subtitle streams and export them to other formats.

Wait, was .srt the raw subtitle format you get by demuxing, or was it .spc?
    I'm a little late to this party - and srt subtitles are not produced by MTR - but your comment about .srt conversion via VirtualPC made me go look at ffmpegX, again, and verify that the paid version has a "srt -> DVDSP" button in the Tools tab. (I haven't used it yet, but I intend to give it a try).

Paid version also has a "DVD -> DVD4" botton in the same Tools tab. Any reason you don't mention ffmpegX on the MTR site as a way to reduce DVDs down to one-disc size? You do mention:
    ...or processing with other tools to shrink it down to size first (like Popcorn, DVD2OneX or DVDRemaster).
    Is like the key word in that sentence, or is there some problem with using ffmpegX with MTR output?

MTR looks lke a great program that is getting even better, as we speak. Please add me to the list of people who want to be members-in-good-standing of the "geezerbuttz Appreciation Society", so I can add some Christmas cheer to geezerbuttz's stocking.

Mike
    "Dare to be Stupid!" - Wierd Al Yankovic
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I wasn't aware that ffmpegX had a downsizing function, but without knowing how it works, I can't really recommend it to our users. I recommend Popcorn, DVD2OneX and DVDRemaster because those are requantizers, which work quickly and practically for compressing DVDs. I'm not sure how ffmpegX works, but my guess is that it's a reencoder, which is slower and less practical. If major wants to give me a copy of ffmpegX to try out, maybe I could see about recommending it to our users, but without experience, I'll just stick to ones I can feel reasonably comfortable with.
    Quote Quote  
  21. The ffmpegX downsizer does mpeg only requantizing. Here is a cut & paste from major's site:
    Super-fast DVD > DVD4GB compression tool (registered version). Faster than dvd2one, it uses the M2VRequantiser engine (with kind authorization from Metakine.com), achieving compression of a VOB file larger than 4GB into 4GB without reencoding. To use this tool, proceed as follows:

Extract your source into a VOB file, with one video stream and one or two AC3 audio streams.
    Choose the VOB file in the first 'Browse' field
    Select the AC3 audio track number in the first pulldown menu (if you extracted stream 4, choose 4)
    If you want to keep two audio streams, select the second AC3 audio track number in the second pulldown menu (if you extracted stream 5, choose 5). Otherwise leave the second pulldown menu to "No".
    Click the DVD > DVD4 button.

The output of this tool is a DVD folder (containing VIDEO_TS and AUDIO_TS) ready to burn with Toast in DVD mode. The "Keep elementary streams" checkbox is taken into account, letting you retrieve the compressed .m2v and .ac3 elementary streams (useful if you want to author in DVD Studio Pro or Sizzle and add chapter markers or other audio tracks / subtitles before mastering). For now only AC3 audio is supported. (If you select a non-existent audio track or a track which is not in AC3 format, the process will stop with the error "Unable to read filename.ac3"). More options for this tool will be added soon.

You can also use this tool on a VOB file smaller than 4GB. In that case, it will get converted into VIDEO_TS (with selected audio tracks) without any recompression.
    Not exactly the same as DTOX/Popcorn/Remaster
    Quote Quote  
  22. Member
    Search Comp PM
    Originally Posted by pixeljammedia
    Not exactly the same as DTOX/Popcorn/Remaster
    Thanks,

I checked Popcorn's feature page, and I see they don't have the AC3 limitation for audio.

Mike
    "Dare to be Stupid!" - Wierd Al Yankovic
    Quote Quote