VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2
FirstFirst 1 2
Thread
  1. Is the Philips 642 DVD player in the same class as these DVD players you guys are talking about. I'm new to DVD Players ... mostly useing Xbox to play Divx, Avi,Mp3s, ... so ... is the z300 able to do MORE stuff better than the philips 642?
    Quote Quote  
  2. offline,

Many DVD players are completely out sourced, i.e. companies A, B and C have players built to their specifications from manufacturer Z. True this is not the case with most larger manufacturers that have their very own dvd player plants but several "lesser" companies just sell and market their "brand" player which was produced by an OEM manufacturer to their specifications. Of course if every company that sold DVD players with their names on them had their own manufacturing facilities and assembly employees that might be great for the economy. Wouldn't it be cheaper and smarter for smaller companies to out source the entire player to an OEM manufacturer and order them containers at a time?
    Quote Quote  
  3. WesleyHester,

I agree. Almost all players are outsourced and all have
    outsourced parts. There are 18 DVD plants in China supplying
    thousands of vendors world wide. Bigger suppliers,
    however, have more control over the chipset and can buy 3rd party parts which are shipped direct to the plant. These bigger vendors can and often write
    their own firmware to suit. That was my point. The case may look the
    same but the insides may differ.
    Quote Quote  
  4. offline,

Cool, I'm aware of that too. Thanks for your input.

As more DivX/XviD player recommendations, I'd have to nominate these players (with Karaoke features of course):

(1) CAVS DVD-103G (Same firmware [modified for each with features moved to the remote control or off to the menu] & Chipset as RJ-Tech Below)
    (2) RJ-Tech RJ-1500DVXII (DivX Certified - VOD)

Note: maybe same firmware & chipset, totally different faceplates.
    Quote Quote  
  5. Hi,

both those are USA centric, WesleyHester.
    This thread was about "Aussie" products. Anyway
    it's good to know what is available.

We would welcome a short
    review from you about these players
    in the DVD Players List.
    Quote Quote  
  6. Does anyone know if the zensonic divx player can record to vhs without the macrovision distortion thing
    Quote Quote  
  7. Originally Posted by joelam65
    Does anyone know if the zensonic divx player can record to vhs without the macrovision distortion thing
    Only with a TBC or video stabilizer
    Of course VGA out has no macrovision.

AFAIK there are no hacks.
    Quote Quote  
  8. Just the other day a new player claiming Divx support appeared in ads for Target stores. The Norcent DP220. I think Norcent is about the same as Apex as far as being a Chinese el cheapo. The price looks good and I may check it out next time at the store.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Has anyone had a chance to try a DVD of MP3's on the Zensonic z330
    Quote Quote  
  10. just my tuppence ... I have had a divx/xvid player for about a year now and I would say it is great ..except they keep breaking down. I am about to send my second one back .. first one wouldnt power up and the second one wont let go of the day after tomorrow.. the model is yamada dvx6100 so dont buy this one I suspect that phillips may have better quality control or production facilities as they have been in the game longer. When it worked it was great.. played nearly everything, only thing it didnt like was maxell Dvd+RW 1x, but liked at least 6 other media types. played mpegs vcd svcd divx xvid mp3s.
    Corned beef is now made to a higher standard than at any time in history.
    The electronic components of the power part adopted a lot of Rubycons.
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    Quote Quote