VideoHelp Forum
+ Reply to Thread
Thread
  1. I have a pioneer 108 and I have been using Prodisc 8x for awhile. I don't know if it's the media or the burner, but about halfway through a disc (burning) the thing stops writing and after a few seconds begins writing again. This is at 8x and 12x. I want to say its a media problem, but I can't say for sure...Is it possible that the burner is going kaput?
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    I know the drive changes from 6x to 8x about 4 minutes in it goes down to 0 then it jumps up to 8x. I haven't burned faster than the 8x yet. Out of 200 I have burned the past few weeks, I have only had one bad burn. Hope this helps.
    Are you making coasters? Or just curious about the spped changes?
    Quote Quote  
  3. just curious about the stop in writing for a moment. I hadn't noticed it before. Plus when the drive starts back up you can hear it wind up a second or two. That is something that I can't remember noticing either.

EDIT: Burning with DvdDecrpyter using .img. I haven't done this with Vid ts folder yet. Will try that next.
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
    Search Comp PM
    90 % of my Burns are done with DVDDecrypter and it always does it. Unless you burn at 4x. Then it never drops below the 4x. Using Recordnow you can still hear it shift gears at about the halfway point.
    Quote Quote  
  5. ah ok. i have been burning for about a year. This is my second burner (the first was 4x) and I have had it for about 3 or 4 months. I just can't believe I never noticed it b4! Silly
    Boy do I love my avatar!
    Quote Quote  
  6. It's just shifting from 4x to 6x to 8x.
    If God had intended us not to masturbate he would've made our arms shorter.
    George Carlin
    Quote Quote